Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,701 to 37,720 of 39,513 messages
20/02/2013 at 07:30

Morning all

Nice day again

seren nos    pirate
20/02/2013 at 07:46

yes once the morning frost has gone its lovely............did the scenic 7 drive route last night by torch light......gorgeous up there with the moon and the stars and the space station looking down on us

20/02/2013 at 08:37

Sounds gorgeous Seren. I also had  a lovely run last night, must be something in the air. Going to attempt a swim tonight although it's been so long I'm not sure if I can remember what to do.

20/02/2013 at 09:33

Morning

You were right Kev - feels much colder out today, bit of a breeze and the sun is in hiding.

I like the Scenic Seven - not sure how 'scenic' it would be by torchlight though

I have enough trouble in the hydrotherapy pool which is only 1.5m at the deepest!

20/02/2013 at 09:43

Morning all, it is indeed great to have the lighter days (although Seren's run sounded nice too!).

I'm working from home today. Here was my run as the sun rose over Bwlch Y Gwnt (Machnynys)

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/518567/gallery/2013-02-20_machynys_small.jpg?width=350

Glad knee is on the mend NR.

20/02/2013 at 14:55

Boff - I am 156cm tall, so your hydrotherapy pool would be great fun for me!

20/02/2013 at 21:11

Evening all

Lovely photo RK.  The last few mornings have been stunning.

Sounds like a good run Seren.  One thing I will never do is run in a forest in the dark, unless accompanied by a stretcher! 

Glad the running is going well Tracey.

Boffin - so long as it is helping don't worry about the depth

21/02/2013 at 10:17

Tracey - we have plenty of arm bands here if you ever need hydrotherapy!

Is the knee 100% now NR?

Had another fab run on the coastal path today, but icy, biting winds there today and now I'm home the sun has poked through.

Going to start a focussed 10k plan after my trip to Scotland, in readiness for the Llanelli 10k which I have entered.

Next race for me then will probably be the Sospan MT10 - have always fancied that one.

Then Llanelli HM in March next year.

Keeping it all local - sustainable running!!!

Feeling great.

21/02/2013 at 10:31

Morning

Smashing photo Kev.

All being well I am bringing my grumpy cow and her calf home today from thier visit to the bull - all assuming we can catch them and convince them into the trailer! The Farm I sent them to do not bring their cattle in over the winter, which on the one hand gives them lots more space, but on the other turns the land into a mud bath - which is quite literally has been this year.

I have been up there a couple of times over the winter to move bales for them and the cattle have had a tide mark up to their bellies in mud!

I will be pleased to get them back here. I think I will have to find an alternatvie solution for future years.

21/02/2013 at 18:45

Brrrrr! Don't think I've ever run five miles and still been cold at the end - that wind is just vicious. Roast dinner for tea, just as well too, it's that or I'll be on the gin later.

Don't you just love English? "Roast dinner for tea"! Every foreigner is puzzled and every Brit knows exactly what I mean!

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
21/02/2013 at 19:26

nice running Tracey.

I went out with all good intentions and started what is scheduled to be a 7 mile easy, but I aborted! In my defence I had a tooth extracted on Tuesday and I could feel the icy cold in my mouth. I didn't want to take any chances with it, so I took the sensible option of coming home to pork steak with mushroom sauce 

21/02/2013 at 19:55
Evening. Cold out again.

Friday tomorrow but alas Bristol beckons.
21/02/2013 at 22:46

Too cold to run outside in my view tonight. If I did my muscles would just tear themselves apart if I did anything meaning.

http://www.thesufferfest.com/

Edited: 21/02/2013 at 22:46
22/02/2013 at 06:23
Morning all! Bristol today, but a nice weekend planned as it is Mrs RK's Birthday.
22/02/2013 at 07:29

Morning all

Another week out of the way.  Still very cold.

Happy Birthday to Mrs RK

22/02/2013 at 08:01

Good grief Alex, the things that are out there on the internet these days! But you are right, it was way too cold, didn't enjoy it at all.

Interesting fact re. the internet - my kids, all hugely nerdy, all spending most of their time playing and/working on computers were asked "which is bigger, the internet or the world wide web?" They didn't know.

22/02/2013 at 08:04
Tracey. Yes, got four kids on that one!
seren nos    pirate
22/02/2013 at 08:28

only had 75 mins on the bike yesterday and that was enough in that cold wind....hope its warmner this morning........for my bike / run combo

22/02/2013 at 10:04

Morning

Mmmmm roast dinner sounds nice Hope Mrs RK has a good birthday, be nice if that sun comes out again and the wind drips - well chilly!

Brrrrrr

23/02/2013 at 08:00

Morning

Still chilly out there, but dry which is nice. Sounds mad, but I could do with some rain... I water the animals from water butts, which have all been used up now (need bigger water storage tanks!) - so I need to use mains water. This is fine apart from the small detail that my standpipe is all frozen up! So I am carrying water from the house!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.