Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,721 to 37,740 of 39,498 messages
23/02/2013 at 19:31

Evening all

It was snowing here at one point today Boffin!

Bad news about water problem Boffin.  The things you have to think of on a farm.

Supposed to be good weather for the cross country tomorrow

23/02/2013 at 20:29
Didn't get out running today but did take Adam swimming tonight. Not been a good week running wise. The weather really makes it difficult as it's too cold to get myself going properly whatever I wear
23/02/2013 at 20:37
WA - looks like it will be warmer tomorrow for cross country. Training in this weather is hard.
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
24/02/2013 at 06:36

morning

all the best for the cross country today, looks like I'll not make it to support.

24/02/2013 at 09:31
Morning all.

No running today - long dog walk planned instead.

Nice un yesterday on coastal path. Saw the leaders of the ultra go by at mile 36 - still looking fresher than me!

Hope XC goes well guys.
24/02/2013 at 10:26

36 miles! That mind set is beyond me. I admire it but no idea how it works.

Very nice 6 mile plod with a friend this morning. Bearing in mind the level of obesity, illness and unhealthy habits that are prevalent among the population, I feel very privileged and lucky to be able to enjoy a six mile run.

24/02/2013 at 12:38

Afternoon

Nice morning to have been out taking the air. The animals feel the winter at its longest now, spring is in the air but the grass isn't growing quickly enough to sustain them. It takes me a good two hours each day taking feed to them all - a little stored sunshine from last year's summer in the form of hay coupled with bought in concentrated feed.

24/02/2013 at 20:02
Evening. What a great day for Swansea FC!

Good words Tracey.
Edited: 24/02/2013 at 20:02
24/02/2013 at 21:52

Evening all

Glad you are enjoying running again Tracey.  There's nothing quite like it.

Boffin - no time for running for you.

Supported cross country as knee wouldn't let me run today. Enjoyed catching up with everyone.   Temporary blip that will soon be over.  Llanelli marathon may have be abandoned for another year!

seren nos    pirate
25/02/2013 at 07:50

NR.....hope it gets sorted for you soon........

I did a 15 min run after my bike ride yesterday.....i love running in different places and so will no doubt make that brick session longer next time i ride out from cardiff......

I have the last of the gwent league cross countrys next week and have really enjoyed the series.......and then doing the newport half next sunday..........fully booked with a 1000 runners and I think only 20 % are affiliated so they have done a great job in advertising it to the non running club communities and getting people into running.......

its organised by a charity .. but the organiser is a long time runner and race organiser so hopefully all will go right in its first year......

seren nos    pirate
25/02/2013 at 07:50

and an amazing day for Swansea FC

25/02/2013 at 08:00

That's great news about Newport, I didn't realise it was sold out. Good for them, I hope it is works well and makes loads of money for the charity.

Nutty - that's rotten luck. I didn't realise the knee was so bad. Is it actually injured or does it just need more time to heal?

seren nos    pirate
25/02/2013 at 08:29

as newport is on the same day as bath and Llanelli then it was suprising they sold out so early...........

especialy after the shambles of the otyher people who tried to organise a full and half marathon for charity but without any running background......

25/02/2013 at 08:33

Morning all.

Sorry to hear that you are not healing quickly NR.

Yes good about Newport. Might affect Llanelli though as I know quite a few runners come from Cardiff area to do Llanelli who now may do Newport? Just hope the new route and Start / Finish location improves Llanelli even more.

seren nos    pirate
25/02/2013 at 08:40

not sure that llanelli has been helpd by having two halves one month after the other as they are having a half on the same day as the marathon aren't they.......that will attract those going for a half marathon only to the april date as it gives longer to train  and swhould be warmer

25/02/2013 at 10:38

Morning

Your knee sounds worse than we thought Nutty; do you need to have it looked at?

Nice to hear Newport has a half doing so well - I think half is an attractive distance as still a good long run withought being as demanding as full or more.

I have 8 more weeks of hydrotherapy then I have an appointment with the physio with regards running again...

25/02/2013 at 19:22
Evening all. Quiet day for me today.

Swindon tomorrow.
25/02/2013 at 21:39

Evening all

RK - makes a change for you

Good news about another local half marathon.

Boffin - good luck with hydrotherapy.

Thanks for the good wishes.  The fall in January was quite nasty and some of the bruising is only just appearing.  I never do anything by halves!!  Could be worse...

26/02/2013 at 07:49

Morning

Could be both knees?

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
26/02/2013 at 08:05

morning

so frustrating for you NR , as Boff says, you may need to have it looked at.

just done a lovely 6 mile plod, started off in the dark and finished in full daylight. Best weather for running out there this morning.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.