Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,741 to 37,760 of 39,542 messages
26/02/2013 at 10:05

Morning

If the bruising is only just appearing, then the tissue damage could have been quite deep within the muscle? Might be an idea to see a private sports physio if you have time Nutty?

After I had my fall, several days later very impressive bruising formed around my left bicep although there was absolutely no pain and full movement. I did have the consultants give it a proper examination but it seemed fine. Now things have settled down, my left bicep is missing part of its length - looks very bizzare as now there is a flat region which would be normal shaped bicep on the other arm! Seems during the fall I ripped some of the muscle fibres and now they have gone for good.

Makes little difference (asthetics apart) as the arm has full movement and displays no overt weakness.

26/02/2013 at 20:58

Evening all

Sue - your training is going well.  Are you aiming for a pb in Llanelli?

I am having trouble with both legs so going to see Doc tomorrow.  It will be okay. Just have to give it time.  Getting out for shorter runs so its not that bad.

Boffin - glad your injuries have had no long term effects. 

27/02/2013 at 07:28

Morning all

Another week flying by!

27/02/2013 at 09:57

Morning

Seeking some more advice is probably a good move Nutty. It does seem that I have no long term restrictions that have come to light so far; although the more I do the more I am finding muscles that have not worked for months - digging a bit of a drain the day before yesterday and I could hardly walk yesterday!

Fine today

Weather is dry too - good thing as I still have more drain to dig and rotavate the veg patch... with a bit of hydrotherapy thrown in for good measure.

27/02/2013 at 17:53

Good news Boff - sounds like you might have gotten away with it!

Nutty - so sorry to hear that. Is Rose around at the mo? Maybe she could do her magic thing?

Just done the accounts. Brain is aching and all I can do is yawn and think about sleep. How do you do it Nutty? You are either superwoman or properly nutty!

27/02/2013 at 21:22

Evening all

Boffin - you don't need to run with all the exercise you get running the farm! Hope you got lots done. 

Tracey - numbers are great.  Always do what they are supposed to do!!  Teaching accountancy is pretty good too!  I think I am just a total nut case! Hope the brain ache goes soon.

Lovely evening.

27/02/2013 at 23:13

Evening .... tried going to bed but it didn't work. Going to try shortly again.

Got a minging cold, nose running like a tap. Barely over the last one.

28/02/2013 at 07:42

Morning ... another day of no rain, I can't believe its Swansea

28/02/2013 at 07:43

Morning all

Oh dear WA.  Sounds like you need to see the doc too.

Lovely day out there again

seren nos    pirate
28/02/2013 at 07:53

looks good out there...hope all the illnesses and injuries clear......I'm having a massive cutvback week as my achillies stiffened up last sundat night..so nursing it ready for the cross country on saturday

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
28/02/2013 at 08:13

morning all

Alex, do you think you may be suffering overtraining syndrome?

How's the knee NR?

28/02/2013 at 10:45

Morning

Another fine dry day indeed Alex - maybe we used up all the water in the clouds?

Hydrotherapy really does seem to be helping get the flexibility back into my back - I can even tie shoelaces again

28/02/2013 at 17:02

Shoes with laces eh? There's posh you are!

Alex - you work hard, train hard, are an excellent parent and a fine human being. Why are you surprised you are under the weather? The only thing that doesn't compute here is that you don't know what's going on. Luckily enough, there is a cure - pie. Or a nice hot tub maybe?

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/166711_221377697986927_588199016_n.jpg

28/02/2013 at 21:41

Evening all

Nice out again today.

Glad back is improving Boffin.

Knee is on the mend thanks Sue.  Llanelli is definitely off for me.  Half and full marathon.

Tracey - pie and cake, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
01/03/2013 at 06:20

oh dear NR, Llanelli is not a good luck race for you is it? Will you rest up and heal and go for bust at Snowdon now?

01/03/2013 at 08:09

Not a good race? She did 2:52 at Llanelli, knocked hours off her PB and left the entire field, all bar half a dozen surprised looking elite men, so far back they couldn't even see her dust, never mind eat it!

Wish I could have that kind of bad race day sometimes...

I am cycling to work in the dry again today, it hasn't rained all week. Wonder when the drought warnings will start.

seren nos    pirate
01/03/2013 at 08:12
Tracey. wrote (see)

Not a good race? She did 2:52 at Llanelli, knocked hours off her PB and left the entire field, all bar half a dozen surprised looking elite men, so far back they couldn't even see her dust, never mind eat it!

Wish I could have that kind of bad race day sometimes...

I am cycling to work in the dry again today, it hasn't rained all week. Wonder when the drought warnings will start.

I was thinking the same thing tracey....Nutty was flying that day wasn't she........I'm off for a day trip to the beacons with my mother.....

01/03/2013 at 08:13

Morning

Tracey, that cake is outstandingly fantastic - love it!!

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
01/03/2013 at 08:15

I was just thinking that this is not the first time that she has been forced to DNS at Llanelli is all 

01/03/2013 at 21:14

Evening all

Hope all the cycling went well today

Sue - I know what you mean.  Hopefully I will be able to do it again some time.  Will aim for Snowdon now .  Sometimes life and falling get in the way!!

Llanelli was a great day out Tracey.  didn't you get a pb too Seren?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.