Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,761 to 37,780 of 39,546 messages
01/03/2013 at 23:03

Evening ... Poor Nutty. She had a great result when she did make the start line. Shame you have had a few injuries a few inopportune times.

Sue, I am not over-training now. Training less than ever, albeit still getting out almost every day. Did 40 mins on the turbo tonight.

01/03/2013 at 23:05

Tracey, thank you for the nice comments. Life is exhusting between work and kids and everything.

02/03/2013 at 08:50

Morning all

02/03/2013 at 08:59

Morning all

Another dry day becons - even the suggestion of some sunshine which will be nice for more rotavating of the veg patch.

The work and kids are tiring enough Alex, it's that 'everything' that really hits you... the stuff you don't plan for, or think will take that long etc, little things that you just think "I'll just get this done, then I will be able to do that" - takes forever and then you are shattered and up against time.

Hey ho and away we go...

02/03/2013 at 21:38

Evening all

How are you and Mrs Jones, Jones?  Training going well?

Nice day.  

03/03/2013 at 00:08

Evening ... 'everything', yes, that is a massive problem !

Even had a speeding ticket today. 38 in a 30. I rarely speed nowadays and was caught by a cop on a bike. It was just one of those things where should have changed down a gear but didn't and let the truck accelerate a little before changing, I saw him too but obviously not soon enough.

Not got any points so far so prob a speed awareness course I would think.

03/03/2013 at 00:09

I have this feeling that 2013 is going to be sh*it but that 2014 will be ok

03/03/2013 at 01:09
Cant sleep. Sometimes life takes over
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
03/03/2013 at 05:51

morning

Alex, I got caught doing 35 in a 30 zone, early on a Sunday morning on an empty road with no residences near . The speed awareness course is only 4 hours of tedium! To be fair I did learn some stuff I didn't knowhad forgottten and I am rather more careful now (and my satnav has a nice warning system if I creep over the limit or if there are sneaky cameras around!).

I see you are not doing Llanelli after all today - shame, but the rest will probably do you more good than harm.

NR why no sleep again?

03/03/2013 at 07:49

Morning all

Good luck Sue.  Nice day for it.

You know what it's like when you can't run.  You have this excess energy.  Got an interview on Thursday for the job I am doing as my contract ends at the end of March.  Lots to think about but then hasn't everyone?

seren nos    pirate
03/03/2013 at 11:22

morning all.woke up yesterday with a stomach bug.......so had to bin the cross country testerday and the newport half today..absolutely gutted..........feeling a lot better now but not getting much down me which is very unusual.....and my lower back is in agony.......

so a very crap week in all since waking up last Monday with my achillies creaking at me........lets hope from tomorrow I can get back in the groove

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
03/03/2013 at 12:57

Well, another one bites the dust. Another bit of bling to add to the others along with a nice shiny PB 

I ran/walked the whole way and it paid off nicely. Bliddy cold out there though and the wind was biting along the bits of exposed coastline.

The day didn't start so well - I had the mail saying that parking was going to be a problem so get there up to 2 hours early. I had intended leaving at 6:45, but by the time I faffed about it was gone 7, no matter, it's only 20 minutes. By the time I de-iced the car it was nearer 7:15. I got as far as Gorsienon and realised that I had left my number and chip behind! Back home. Grabbed the necessary, got back in the car - no Garmin! Said Garmin retrieved and off again.

As it happened parking was ok, but then lots of hanging around in the cold. . I didn't see many familiar faces out there, but did see GrahamV, he was steaming along!

Lots of nasties going on here, let's hope everyone recovers soon and can enjoy the spring training, best time, not too hot and often drier at this time of year than summer or autumn!

seren nos    pirate
03/03/2013 at 13:54

Sue.brillaint result....what did you think of the new course..........it was anew course wasn't it

03/03/2013 at 14:11

Well done Sue, you are a star, as ever.

I don't feel too good either. Got a temperature and a stinking headache which hurts like hell everytime I cough. Also have tickly cough, so happy days.

03/03/2013 at 20:18

Evening all

Well done Sue.  Your hard work in training is paying off.  Llanelli marathon pb for you

Sorry to hear you feel unwell Seren and Tracey. There are alot of bugs going around.

A woman in work had a cold for two weeks and insisted on turning up every day.  Hence, I have a cold too .  Its only a cold though

03/03/2013 at 22:16

When all else fails, Monty Python's Spam sketch reminds us how important it is to laugh every now and then.

Pie, cake and laughter - what more could we want?

04/03/2013 at 07:09
Hope all get well soon! I've been a little poorly as well, sounds trivial but had two large mouth ulcers, so bad - hurting to eat / talk even yesterday! Lots of mouthwash and simple food planned.

Apart fom that all good. Off to Scotland Friday for Rugby so need a big training week this week.

Well done on PB Sue. It was a cold one yesterday - I was freezing in Burry Port st 9am watching Oliver play football.
04/03/2013 at 07:25

Morning all

RK - get well soon.  We are a sickly lot!

Here we go again

04/03/2013 at 07:25

Morning

Hope your interview goes well on Thursday Nutty.

Despite everything you came away with a PB, well done Sue.

Speed cameras - annoying things, but I guess we should be aware? I was caught doing 35 in a 30, wasn't in a rush as I thought the road was a 40 - misread the road and signage, so can't complain. What I can complain about was the offered course - points and a fine or the course... course was run by a private third party who levied charges; would have cost more than the fine, so I paid the fine and accepted the points!

seren nos    pirate
04/03/2013 at 07:27

the course is useful as most of those on it hadn't done a test in the last 20 years and so it was like a refresher....and of course it avoids the points if you need a clean driving liscence

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.