Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,761 to 37,780 of 39,433 messages
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
28/02/2013 at 08:13

morning all

Alex, do you think you may be suffering overtraining syndrome?

How's the knee NR?

28/02/2013 at 10:45

Morning

Another fine dry day indeed Alex - maybe we used up all the water in the clouds?

Hydrotherapy really does seem to be helping get the flexibility back into my back - I can even tie shoelaces again

28/02/2013 at 17:02

Shoes with laces eh? There's posh you are!

Alex - you work hard, train hard, are an excellent parent and a fine human being. Why are you surprised you are under the weather? The only thing that doesn't compute here is that you don't know what's going on. Luckily enough, there is a cure - pie. Or a nice hot tub maybe?

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/166711_221377697986927_588199016_n.jpg

28/02/2013 at 21:41

Evening all

Nice out again today.

Glad back is improving Boffin.

Knee is on the mend thanks Sue.  Llanelli is definitely off for me.  Half and full marathon.

Tracey - pie and cake, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
01/03/2013 at 06:20

oh dear NR, Llanelli is not a good luck race for you is it? Will you rest up and heal and go for bust at Snowdon now?

01/03/2013 at 08:09

Not a good race? She did 2:52 at Llanelli, knocked hours off her PB and left the entire field, all bar half a dozen surprised looking elite men, so far back they couldn't even see her dust, never mind eat it!

Wish I could have that kind of bad race day sometimes...

I am cycling to work in the dry again today, it hasn't rained all week. Wonder when the drought warnings will start.

seren nos    pirate
01/03/2013 at 08:12
Tracey. wrote (see)

Not a good race? She did 2:52 at Llanelli, knocked hours off her PB and left the entire field, all bar half a dozen surprised looking elite men, so far back they couldn't even see her dust, never mind eat it!

Wish I could have that kind of bad race day sometimes...

I am cycling to work in the dry again today, it hasn't rained all week. Wonder when the drought warnings will start.

I was thinking the same thing tracey....Nutty was flying that day wasn't she........I'm off for a day trip to the beacons with my mother.....

01/03/2013 at 08:13

Morning

Tracey, that cake is outstandingly fantastic - love it!!

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
01/03/2013 at 08:15

I was just thinking that this is not the first time that she has been forced to DNS at Llanelli is all 

01/03/2013 at 21:14

Evening all

Hope all the cycling went well today

Sue - I know what you mean.  Hopefully I will be able to do it again some time.  Will aim for Snowdon now .  Sometimes life and falling get in the way!!

Llanelli was a great day out Tracey.  didn't you get a pb too Seren?

01/03/2013 at 23:03

Evening ... Poor Nutty. She had a great result when she did make the start line. Shame you have had a few injuries a few inopportune times.

Sue, I am not over-training now. Training less than ever, albeit still getting out almost every day. Did 40 mins on the turbo tonight.

01/03/2013 at 23:05

Tracey, thank you for the nice comments. Life is exhusting between work and kids and everything.

02/03/2013 at 08:50

Morning all

02/03/2013 at 08:59

Morning all

Another dry day becons - even the suggestion of some sunshine which will be nice for more rotavating of the veg patch.

The work and kids are tiring enough Alex, it's that 'everything' that really hits you... the stuff you don't plan for, or think will take that long etc, little things that you just think "I'll just get this done, then I will be able to do that" - takes forever and then you are shattered and up against time.

Hey ho and away we go...

02/03/2013 at 21:38

Evening all

How are you and Mrs Jones, Jones?  Training going well?

Nice day.  

03/03/2013 at 00:08

Evening ... 'everything', yes, that is a massive problem !

Even had a speeding ticket today. 38 in a 30. I rarely speed nowadays and was caught by a cop on a bike. It was just one of those things where should have changed down a gear but didn't and let the truck accelerate a little before changing, I saw him too but obviously not soon enough.

Not got any points so far so prob a speed awareness course I would think.

03/03/2013 at 00:09

I have this feeling that 2013 is going to be sh*it but that 2014 will be ok

03/03/2013 at 01:09
Cant sleep. Sometimes life takes over
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
03/03/2013 at 05:51

morning

Alex, I got caught doing 35 in a 30 zone, early on a Sunday morning on an empty road with no residences near . The speed awareness course is only 4 hours of tedium! To be fair I did learn some stuff I didn't knowhad forgottten and I am rather more careful now (and my satnav has a nice warning system if I creep over the limit or if there are sneaky cameras around!).

I see you are not doing Llanelli after all today - shame, but the rest will probably do you more good than harm.

NR why no sleep again?

03/03/2013 at 07:49

Morning all

Good luck Sue.  Nice day for it.

You know what it's like when you can't run.  You have this excess energy.  Got an interview on Thursday for the job I am doing as my contract ends at the end of March.  Lots to think about but then hasn't everyone?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.