Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,901 to 37,920 of 39,427 messages
seren nos    pirate
25/03/2013 at 20:46

thinking about it boffin..I still looked pregnant for a while after giving birth.......

a few weeks ago when out running we noticed placentas on the field and some really young lambs.....3 of them were being kept warm by their mothers..and one was just on its own bleating....we walked instead of ran through the field and eventually a sheep went up to it before wandering off.the lamb was so young it could hardly move and the ewe didn't give it any time to feed..

25/03/2013 at 22:24

Evening all

NAture can be beautiful and hard at the same time.  Not every female of the species makes a good mother even though they can give birth.

Bit cold out there tonight.  Easter looks as if it will be nice

26/03/2013 at 12:57

Morning

Sheep are also incredibly dumb! Seems they are intent on either getting stuck in the smallest amount of bramble or thinking up new ways to die! To be fair to the sheep, it is hardly their fault as we have selectively bred them for so many generations that they are so far removed from an evolved animal it is no wonder they need so much human intervention.

I feel for the sheep flocks in the North which many farmers have not been able to get to due to the snow.

Chilly but not got snow problems on that scale, so thankful for that.

26/03/2013 at 21:08

Evening all

Glad you have escaped the snow Boffin.  As you say, some further up the country are really suffering with the cold and snow.

Can you make it to the Pie Fest on 27 April, Boffin?

seren nos    pirate
26/03/2013 at 21:17

eveening.

leaving for the caravan in 3 or 4 hours...cycling down like last year but it looks a bit colder.nos da

27/03/2013 at 07:23

Morning all

Enjoy the break Seren.  Wrap up warm

27/03/2013 at 07:51

Blimey, and I thought I had it hard with having to watch 20 presentations today!

27/03/2013 at 21:36

Evening all

Work sounds as if its going well Tracey!  Do you get much of a break over Easter?

Lovely to have the dry weather even though its cold.  Clocks go forward on the weekend so the nights will be even lighter.

27/03/2013 at 21:41

Sat through 20 student presentations but very glad I made the decision to sit through one more -

Mark Abrahams, the bloke who invented the Ig Nobel prizes was speaking at the Science Cafe. He was brilliant, as is his organisation:

http://www.improbable.com/ig/

27/03/2013 at 21:59

Tracey - I get emails in work and thought the Science Cafe sounded interesting. 

28/03/2013 at 07:16

Lovely day - enjoy

seren nos    pirate
28/03/2013 at 07:27

the presentation sounds good tracey

on holidays now......the ride down was tough..wanted to bail at 65..has a string of bad luck getting lost and problems withlights....but the family hadn't got up then so no chance of a left from there so kept on going....managed the 131 miles so a rest day for me whilst Terry does his lsr

28/03/2013 at 07:33

It was brilliant. The Ig Nobel prize is meant "to make you laugh and then think". They are all genuine research projects some of which have enormous value to the world at large but which sound really silly when you first hear of them. A good example is the Ukrainian Chemist who came up with the idea of making a bra which can be turned into two face masks. She did it because she worked with people who had breathed in radio active dust after Chernobyl. The dust had a short half life and if they had only been wearing masks for the first half hour, they would have been fine. The bra thing also works to ensure that an equal number of women are employed!

It was a great evening and a joy to watch, especially after a day of student presentations, some of which weren't quite so polished...

Off to The Senedd today with the students, then a few days off - whoo hoo!

28/03/2013 at 07:36

Cross post with Seren and didn't see Nutty's post...

Well done Seren - 131 miles in the dark and it must have been terribly cold and windy too - you are amazing!

Nutty - sadly, no hoildays for me other than the bank holidays but I am hoping to get a bit of time off soon.

28/03/2013 at 21:07

Evening all

Seren - enjoy the break.  I would need a very long one after 131 miles!!

Tracey - same here.  Enjoy the festive weekend.

Nice out today.  Bit warmer too.

Took lemon drizzle cake to work today.  Went down a treat.  Bara brith is made and ready to eat for some friends visiting tomorrow too

29/03/2013 at 09:05

Morning all

LUSH not having to get up this morning, loved it!

Gonna make some mince pies now - no I haven't gone mad, we are having Christmas on Sunday for a friend who was too ill to enjoy the one in December - gonna be fun!

29/03/2013 at 21:00

Evening all

Lovely day again. Cold this evening. At least its dry.

Good luck with Christmas dinner Tracey. 

Bara brith went down well with coffee and excellent company

30/03/2013 at 19:37

Evening all

A lovely day.  Its getting a bit warmer I think!!

Clocks go forward tonight so an hour less in bed.

Good luck with your dinner Tracey.

Happy Easter all

31/03/2013 at 09:40
morning!

did the new park run in cross hands yesterday. really nice it was too.

still not enjoying the cold. I can't wait for it to warm up
31/03/2013 at 20:24

Evening all

Lovely day today.  Light nights are great.

Hope your running is going well WA. 

Feeling much better now.  Getting back on track.

Hope everyone enjoyed Easter

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.