Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,921 to 37,940 of 39,561 messages
05/04/2013 at 20:30

Evening all

Ran through Singleton park tonight and it was lovely as you say, Tracey.  Daffodils out and fresh air.  Can't beat running, even short distances.

Weekend again.  Where do the weeks go?

seren nos    pirate
05/04/2013 at 20:35

its still cold out there but hopefullt te wind will drop a bit as i have a 200km cycle from tewskebury in the morning.......better go to bed now as have to get up early

05/04/2013 at 22:44

Evening ... 200km eh Seren ? One hell of a ride. I have no idea how you put up with the cold.

Soup for lunch and soup for tea here. Both nice. May have a yoghurt too.

Have an entry for the Forest of Dean Half on Sunday but really do not know if I can be bothered to go. There is nothing like owning a truck to put you off driving long distances. Forget the MPG, I am saving ££££'s by not feeling like going places !

05/04/2013 at 22:46

I have managed to do the clyne path a couple of times since the clocks changed. Since I normally run at night I rarley get up there in the days.

Good luck with the Marathon Sue. I am not running one, will defer my london place for the first time in 12 years.

06/04/2013 at 15:45
in Singleton getting Daniels mmr topped up.

not too big a queue
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
06/04/2013 at 19:45

good for you Alex

I've been to Wind Street on a hen party! Quite a civilised one, everyone has gone home now, it was getting a bit bizzy there by the time I left. I like the lunchtime ones, a couple of glasses of wine, a nice meal and home in time for an early night 

06/04/2013 at 21:02

Evening all

Busy day for you WA.  Hope Daniel's jab was done without too much pain.  Don't worry about racing. Sometimes life takes over.  The lighter nights are nice.

Sue - hen party sounds good.  Lovely day for it too.

Helped nephew out with test for a job today so visited family today. 

Seren - well done on the bike ride.  When is your next competition?  Can you make it to the pie fest?

06/04/2013 at 22:22

Cheers Sue, he was briefly upset. I told him what he was there for and he asked the doctor to put it in his right leg which she did.

Wind St eh ? Is there anywhere down there that is not minging filthy ? Its a bit of a hell-hole I believe.

Watching the news now. Wonder what North Korea are up to.

seren nos    pirate
06/04/2013 at 22:30

when is the pie fest again Nutty.......

I had a beautiful bike ride   it was a perfect day....

07/04/2013 at 07:37

Morning all

Seren - it was a stunning day yesterday.  The pie fest is on 27 April.

WA - it is scary whats going on over there.  My nephew is planning a holiday to Korea in the next few weeks

07/04/2013 at 08:52

27 April? Oops! Bob is in Snowdonia on a school reunion weekend. I should be here thougn, suppose I'll have to eat his share of the pies.

08/04/2013 at 07:28

Morning all

Hopefully you can make it Tracey. 

Here we go again

How's is taper going Sue?

seren nos    pirate
08/04/2013 at 07:34

i will keep you up to date for the pie fest.I have something pencilled in but the chances are it won't happen......

last 2 weeks for london and llanelli.......is it only Sue thats running this year

08/04/2013 at 21:02

Evening all

No worries Seren - we will have to venture your way one day soon.  Are you doing London?

No spring marathon for me.  Will aim for Snowdon again

Colder tonight but at least the nights are lighter

09/04/2013 at 08:07

Morning

We are holding a mock election in school today so that the students can see how the First Past The Post system works. This is the first time that any of them has voted at all. 

09/04/2013 at 09:32

Morning

Been AWOL of late - blame it on the lambing!

That is one incredible cycle ride Seren - I expect you wanted a long nap after that!

Nutty - We are up for the pie fest - can't wait - Can you email me your address?

I love the idea of an extra Christmas dinner to make up for missing one - brilliant

09/04/2013 at 20:57

Evening all

Great news Boffin. Will be good to catch up and should be a great social event!

Tracey - hope the election went well.

Massage with Rose today so no running or swimming. 

10/04/2013 at 21:03

Evening all

Not a bad day but turned a bit wet this evening.

Sue - hope taper is going well.  Nearly the big day

10/04/2013 at 22:43

Evening ... yes, pie fest will be good

bed for me now, loads to do. No london for me but it is for the best. Have spent too much of my life to date training for marathons, and they rarley go well. Hard now with the kids and all that and my parents would really struggle to do a whole weekends childcare. They struggle with 6 hours or so.

11/04/2013 at 07:09

Morning all

WA - sometimes life takes over.  Hope your running is going okay any way. There's always Snowdon later in the year.

Supposed to be warming up by the weekend

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.