Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,941 to 37,960 of 39,429 messages
07/04/2013 at 08:52

27 April? Oops! Bob is in Snowdonia on a school reunion weekend. I should be here thougn, suppose I'll have to eat his share of the pies.

08/04/2013 at 07:28

Morning all

Hopefully you can make it Tracey. 

Here we go again

How's is taper going Sue?

seren nos    pirate
08/04/2013 at 07:34

i will keep you up to date for the pie fest.I have something pencilled in but the chances are it won't happen......

last 2 weeks for london and llanelli.......is it only Sue thats running this year

08/04/2013 at 21:02

Evening all

No worries Seren - we will have to venture your way one day soon.  Are you doing London?

No spring marathon for me.  Will aim for Snowdon again

Colder tonight but at least the nights are lighter

09/04/2013 at 08:07

Morning

We are holding a mock election in school today so that the students can see how the First Past The Post system works. This is the first time that any of them has voted at all. 

09/04/2013 at 09:32

Morning

Been AWOL of late - blame it on the lambing!

That is one incredible cycle ride Seren - I expect you wanted a long nap after that!

Nutty - We are up for the pie fest - can't wait - Can you email me your address?

I love the idea of an extra Christmas dinner to make up for missing one - brilliant

09/04/2013 at 20:57

Evening all

Great news Boffin. Will be good to catch up and should be a great social event!

Tracey - hope the election went well.

Massage with Rose today so no running or swimming. 

10/04/2013 at 21:03

Evening all

Not a bad day but turned a bit wet this evening.

Sue - hope taper is going well.  Nearly the big day

10/04/2013 at 22:43

Evening ... yes, pie fest will be good

bed for me now, loads to do. No london for me but it is for the best. Have spent too much of my life to date training for marathons, and they rarley go well. Hard now with the kids and all that and my parents would really struggle to do a whole weekends childcare. They struggle with 6 hours or so.

11/04/2013 at 07:09

Morning all

WA - sometimes life takes over.  Hope your running is going okay any way. There's always Snowdon later in the year.

Supposed to be warming up by the weekend

seren nos    pirate
11/04/2013 at 07:48

alex........Thats why me and the hubby go alternative years .......Its his time this year......

there was no one  else who could handle our kids togther.....

but things change..........eveentually they might leave home 

11/04/2013 at 08:30

Morning all

Marathon running - very unsure about it. Not convinced it's natural, healthy, a good use of precious time... on the other hand there's nothing like it. Maybe there's no such thing as the ultimate sport but to all intents and purposes...

Back on planet plod, all good here. Mock election was a riotous success, they debated really well and understood far more about the advantages and disadvantages of First Past the Post than they would have done from a book. Amazing to think none of them have a vote at home, we take so much for granted in the UK.

11/04/2013 at 10:52

Morning

Looking forward to the pie fest - I got your address thanks Nutty

As a Nation far too much is taken for granted, lots of pontification about what should be done and plenty of whinging about things which don't suit and yet we get such pathetic turn out to elections.

11/04/2013 at 21:33

Evening all

Glad it went well Tracey.

Boffin - it should be good.

Seren - good luck to your OH for London.

Swim this morning before work and a short run tonight.  Can't wait to get a decent run in!

12/04/2013 at 07:38

Morning all

A bit wet outside but at least its Friday

seren nos    pirate
12/04/2013 at 07:55

its looking dry here with a hint of blue skies and sunshine

managed a nice run last night..i need to get out a bit more running

12/04/2013 at 07:56
morning: -)
12/04/2013 at 08:19

Morning all

Last day of proper teaching on this course - they are lovely but it's hard work and I'm really glad it's over. Hoping to get a bit of free time after marking and exams next week - maybe do a bit of swimming.

Nice plod last night - five miles along the beach with no wind against us, had forgotten what that's like!

12/04/2013 at 08:22

Morning

Dry weather is nice to be out and about in, although the weather in general has played havoc so far this year - admittedly mainly the cold, but now it has warmed up a bit and we are getting a bit of rain maybe the grass will begin to grow and the animals can have something good to eat.

The frazing has been so poor this year that the feed store ran out of concentrated sheep feed due to unusual high demand.

Be better soon

It is lovely living here as we do, although it does make you think just how hard life would have been before the advent of international trade to fill the gaps in supply. - Just how often do we pop down to the supermarket to see there is no food to buy?

12/04/2013 at 08:24

... not quite sure what 'frazing' is, but maybe it is fun? Methinks it should have been 'grazing' !

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.