Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

37,981 to 38,000 of 39,565 messages
seren nos    pirate
18/04/2013 at 07:56

well done tracey.I knwo a few people who are doing really well on weightloss.which is extra hard i think with all this bad weather

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
18/04/2013 at 08:01
seren nos wrote (see)

still windy here.will go for a run today.suffereing at the moment with lost mojo..........just when you find the thing and think it will never leave you it buggers off again

Tell me about it! My mojo went AWOL some weeks ago and took all my self control along with it! I'm a bit of a Michelin man lookalike at the moment 

Well done you Tracey.

18/04/2013 at 09:51

Morning

If I see some lost mojo I will be sure to send it Swansea way...

Very well done Tracey - must be something about runners and keeping records; knowing your weight from 12 years ago! Have to confess, so do I  - and for longer back than that!

Was a bit wet and windy last night - the pambs were not impresseed at all, we have a feed shelter for the lambs and 10 of them were all cuddled up in there this morning

18/04/2013 at 09:52

'pambs' would be 'lambs' !

18/04/2013 at 21:23

Evening all

That's fab Sweetie. 

Still hard at it on the farm Boffin!

Tracey - excellent news about weight loss.  Great time of year to be out running too.

Seren - sorry to hear about your mojo.  They seem to go away for no apparent reason.  Nothing like running though.  Especially in the spring, if it ever arrives!

Sue - hope your mojo hangs on until Sunday afternoon.  Good luck.

19/04/2013 at 07:54

Yes indeed with the mojos, tricky little customers.

Also yes indeed for Sunday! The weather looks good at the moment, I might cycle over and have a look around it if stays fine. I will text you Sue. Are you going over Nutty?

LUSH run last night - 6.5 instead of the usual 5 miles, hilly as hell, against that evil wind and somehow got talked into a sprint finish. It was ridiculously hard and unpleasant for the most part but we were all very happy afterwards!

19/04/2013 at 07:57

Sue - just been on Facebook - so sorry, I didn't know! Hope you are OK?

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
19/04/2013 at 08:01

Hi All, just to let you know I've decided to pull out of the marathon on Sunday. My lack of mojo I'm sure is due in part to certain stressors that I can't talk about on here.

Suffice to say that I'll need a very clear head on Monday, which certainly wouldn't happen if I attempted this run in my present state of (non)fitness.

Thanks for all the encouragement and support. If the weather is as it is now, I may well cycle over myself. Let me know Tracey if you are def going, I may well join you on my new steed 

seren nos    pirate
19/04/2013 at 08:06

Hope everything is ok Sue

re piefest.i did post yesterday but it seems to have disappeared.what time and where is it..I have a sportive that day but trying to work out timings

19/04/2013 at 10:15

Morning

No end of other runs Sue

Nuts isn't it Tracey - sprint finish hard and mostly unpleasent yet nice when it is over... kinda like hitting your head with a hammer; nice when it stops!!

Have to fathom a race (not running - gathering sheep) which will gather all the sheep and their lambs so Sweetie and I can trailer them to a new field. Ewes are easy - they just follow a bucket, the lambs think it the funniest thing on their planet to run in every random direction

19/04/2013 at 21:01

Evening all

Sue - sorry to hear you are pulling out but sometimes life takes over.  You have to think of yourself.  There will be other races.  I hope you are okay.

Seren - the pie fest is at my house at 2pm.  

Tracey - running is strange.  I feel better after hard, hilly runs rather than flat ones.  We are funny creatures.

At least its Friday....

Good luck with sheep Boffin. 

20/04/2013 at 07:54

Morning

A lovely sunny day beckons...

20/04/2013 at 08:01

Indeed it does !

seren nos    pirate
20/04/2013 at 08:03

gorgeous morning..

is anyone running London at all this year

20/04/2013 at 09:05

London - One nephew, one friend, two acquaintances. Got to be an all time low. Was it something I said last year?

Bit nervous about this - eight weeks with nothing to do. Lots of decorating, gardening, filing and cleaning planned plus the inevitable and ever present marking, but no class of students waiting for me to turn up. Don't really know where to start...

20/04/2013 at 21:39

Evening all

Stunning day today.

Tracey - I am sure you will soon fill your days up with things to do!

I won't be coming over to Llanelli tomorrow.  I would have if Sue had been running but I don't know anyone else doing it.  Will have lunch with parents too.

A few from the Port Talbot thread are doing London and quite a few from Les Croupiers.  Lets hope they have good weather and enjoy. 

I swam this morning and ran across the coast tonight. 

21/04/2013 at 10:20

Morning

Bit bleary eyed after Boff Jnr's Birthday sleepover - 6 16yr old boys are not that quiet!!

21/04/2013 at 20:40

Evening all

Hope you had a restful day Boffin.

Sounds like a good time was had by all at VLM.

Lunch with parents and managed a decent run today.  Feels great

seren nos    pirate
21/04/2013 at 20:45

had a great sunny bike ride in wiltshire today.

OH had a nightmare in London.we never have va good london run...he was 40 mins slower than his last 3 marathons

22/04/2013 at 06:39
Hope Terry enjoyed the day though Seren?

Any other news from VLM?

Off to Bristol today - on my birthday as well
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.