Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

38,061 to 38,080 of 39,288 messages
01/05/2013 at 08:13

Morning

Sounds like you have had a smashing time Jones - cold apart.

Lovely day again today - lots of brambles to remove before I can repair a section of fencing.

01/05/2013 at 08:41

Morning all

Would that be the Beast of Bryn Seren? It's a beautiful time of year to be out and about that's for sure.

Cycled down to Mumbles to meet a friend yesterday then into town for work. Was cycling home thnking I'd missed my run when I bumped into my running mates. Dumped  the bike, ran with them and then retrieved the bike and rode home.

All the distances were very short yet I feel quite tired today. Weird. I can ride and run a lot further but don't usually do so consecutively. Once again, hats off to Seren, Alex and the rest of you triathlete types, you are mad but must be very fit!

01/05/2013 at 21:08

Evening all

sunny day - could get used to this!!

Excellent training Tracey, well done.  I don't know how the triathletes do it either.  Beyond me....

Brambles - the plants in my garden are loving it since I pulled all of those nasty brambles out.

Nearly the weekend again

seren nos    pirate
01/05/2013 at 21:10

no the pentrych one tracey on the garth mountain/ hill just north of cardiff.a real beginner friendly one

02/05/2013 at 08:31

Morning all

Brambles - bane of my life too. Get rid of them and go for a coffee, come back and dozens more have grown. Also, how do they manage to get through even the toughest gardening gloves?

Decided to get a few more miles in last night by running home from weight watchers. Only three miles but better than nothing I thought. Only thing is, I wanted to do some shopping en route, so took a back pack which I filled with biscuits and chocolate which were on special offer. Running back I bumped into some people I used to run with years ago who were impressed by the back pack and asked if it was full of rocks. They seemed to think it was quite funny that I was running home from weight watchers with a pack full of chocolate biscuits. Some people eh?

02/05/2013 at 10:24

Morning

How far do you have to run per biscuit?

The heavy duty gloves seem to have a weak spot on my little finger - I have gone through two gloves now with my little finger breaking through the seem... fortunately I have taken out a right and a left hand, so I still have a pair of mismatched gloves - I'm sure the brambles don't care about the fashion!

There is a lot of weight in brambles - they have managed to pull down about 40' of stock fencing over the years. Looking by the mass of them I estimate about 7 years worth of brambles on this particular stretch... that's a lot of prickly stuff!

Went to Pentrych once with the kiddies rugby - bleak place that was!

02/05/2013 at 21:24

Evening all

Tracey - that made me smile.  Weight watchers, running and a bag full of biscuits.  Excellent!! 

Brambles, they get everywhere when you are trying to get rid of them.  Trying to bundle them into a sack, they refuse to bend and usually end up stuck to trousers or tops!  Oh, I could go on for ever about them.  Luckily, my garden is small so I don't have much to complain about

Fab day again. 

03/05/2013 at 11:21

Morning

Your garden is lovely Nutty

Late start for me today as I have just spent the morning with a dealer umming and ahhing (are those even words Tracey?) over a second hand topper for my tractor. For those a tadge confused this is a heavy duty 6' rotary mower that attaches to the back of the tractor and would be used for destroying brambles, reeds and tussock grass which get left behind by the stock and rapidly take over if not kept in check.

03/05/2013 at 20:48

Evening all

Cheers Boffin.  Did you get one?  Sounds like a handy tool to have.

Friday and a long weekend ahead

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
04/05/2013 at 07:27

morning 

04/05/2013 at 20:52

Evening all

How are things with you Sue? 

Not a bad day after all. 

05/05/2013 at 09:18

A day on the bike with Bob and his cycling cronies - "up  the Bwlch and Rhigos" - Don't even know what means but think I should probably be nervous...

05/05/2013 at 09:30

Morning

It has the word 'up' in it Tracey, so couple that with cycling... maybe you should be nervous!

Yes, I did buy a topper Nutty, should be being delivered this week. Only problem with areas of land covered by reed - they tend to be boggy as well which does pose a problem for a heavy tractor...

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
05/05/2013 at 11:49

morning - just

cloudy but nice out there today

Tracey. wrote (see)

- "up  the Bwlch and Rhigos" - .............think I should probably be nervous...

Quite right to be nervous Tracey. My car struggles up there - watch out for wild sheep!

05/05/2013 at 19:14

Wow! What an unutterably beautiful way to spend a Sunday. A bit hilly maybe but we took our time and it was worth it for the amazing views. Also the bonus of one of the cyclists insisting that we stop by the three statues at the bottom of the Afan Valley cycle track so that I could listen to the new sound installation - Richard Burton doing Under MIlkwood and Do Not Go Gentle. Struggled to fight back tears of joy; it's going straight in to my 'top ten all time best moments' list.

05/05/2013 at 19:15

One more thing - we have three different types of pie for tea - how could life possibly be better?

05/05/2013 at 21:07

Evening all

Sometimes its good just to go with the flow Tracey.  Three types of pie, sounds like another pie fest!!

Glad you got what you needed Boffin.

Turned out nice again

06/05/2013 at 06:48

Morning all

Stunning day

seren nos    pirate
06/05/2013 at 07:09

morning all

sounds amazing Tracey.they are a couple of tough climbs........

I was away at maccelssfield for the weekend where Silent assassian and his family from the forums organised a DIY half marathon.......it was a brilliaqnt weekend and only soct us £4

for the race when they are nornmally £80 or more to enter nowadays........

over 30 of us did it over the weekend 

long drive back last night but thinking what to do today now

06/05/2013 at 08:55

Love the idea of a DIY race - wonder if that's how some of the big ones started?

Swim, bit of gardening and some coffee drinking in Mumbles for me today I think.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.