Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

38,081 to 38,100 of 39,463 messages
seren nos    pirate
08/05/2013 at 08:10

morning.

where has the sun gone.

next time you have  apie fest you will have to have a DIY handicap race.....

08/05/2013 at 08:11

Link widget is broken, but here's the route for that bike ride:

http://www.rha-dev.co.uk/ctc_rides/viewcycle.php?id=82&title=Des%20Radford%20100%20miler

seren nos    pirate
08/05/2013 at 08:14

the link ain't working tracey

08/05/2013 at 13:08

Morning

Mmmmm Pie - like the sound of that Nutty

There must be brick wall handy for me to bang my head on... Boff Jnr managed to break his collar bone in three places whilst running around at school - less than one week before the start of his GCSEs. - Of course, it was his right arm and he is right handed, so writing might be interesting! Wheels are in motion to get him dispensation for his injury; extra time in exams and a note to the examiner offering an explanation for poor handwriting.

The clouds were sulking that they didn't get a look in the last two days Seren, so they are back to make their point!

... since when did this forum have an auto-correct spell function?

seren nos    pirate
08/05/2013 at 15:37

Boffin.wouldn't a computer be easier for him to use than his dodgy arm.......

or he could have a scribe to write for him....

my son was going to have a scribe but he has used a laptop for all lessons for the last few years so his typing speed is fast enough for him to do the exams on the computer.....

he hasn't broken anything...his problem is noone including himself can read his writing

08/05/2013 at 22:09

Evening all

Such bad news Boffin. These things happen.  My nephew broke his elbow half way through his A levels.  Good luck to you all.

I can only ride 5 miles on the bike.  100 miles sounds tough but I can understand how lovely it could be.

Hope life with you is good Seren.

Nice evening for running

09/05/2013 at 08:06

Morning

Oh no poor Boff Junior! Presumably his grades up to now will be taken into consideration as well as the provision being made for him to sit the exams. I'm sure he'll be fine, much less able children pass exams in these circumstances.

I suspect 100 miles on the bike will be tough Nutty, it's further than I have ever ridden by quite a margin. But hopefully it's not beyond the realms of possiblity, I intend to do a few longer rides beforehand and see how they go.

09/05/2013 at 10:46

Morning

I am sure Boff Jnr will be fine - all part of life's rich tapestry

Not sure I could do 5 miles at the moment Nutty! 100 miles is a nice round number and a great target; you're sure to have a great time Tracey

09/05/2013 at 13:40
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0154/1105/products/The_Daily_Mash_-_63_-_Cup_Cakes_-_mens_large.jpg?4765

Edited: 09/05/2013 at 13:40
09/05/2013 at 21:06

Evening all

Good luck Tracey - I am sure you will enjoy it.  You did a long cycling holiday a few years ago didn't you?  Is this one for charity?  I think you will need lots of pie and cake after that one.

Boffin - thinking of you and Tom.  How awful but as you say all part of life's rich tapestry.  Sometimes I wish the rich tapestry would just be plain boring!

Nice t-shirt WA. 

Another week flying by....

10/05/2013 at 07:41

Get your coats back out.  Its a wintry one today.  At least its Friday

10/05/2013 at 10:10

Morning

Bit drier with me than yesterday - never much fun fencing in heavy rain; particularly don't like it when rain goes down your sleeve!

10/05/2013 at 21:37

Evening all

Hope it stayed dry with you Boffin.

Doesn't feel like May at all.

Anyone doing the 5k next week?

11/05/2013 at 10:06

Morning

Drier than the day before Nutty! I won't be doing the 5k; maybe one day

11/05/2013 at 20:13

Evening Boffin

Drier again today, just.  Can't complain as its a lovely evening.

Hope things on the farm are going well.

How is everyone else?

12/05/2013 at 09:20

All good here Nutty. Think I'll do a long swim today as the weather forecast is keeping me off the bike. OH is just going for it despite the forecast being for heavy rain all day, but I am far more of a whimp and prefer my water chlorinated and deep enough to float in.

12/05/2013 at 09:37

Morning

Weather - mixed bag yesterday... periods of lovely sunshine, then overcast and then even heavy hailstorm showers!! - Not easy setting gateposts in that weather; or mixing stiff concrete! Never mind, nearly done and then we will have another field ready for the sheep to graze

I didn't actually do any swimming yesterday Tracey, but it felt like it at times!! I hope your pool was more pleasant.

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
12/05/2013 at 15:27

Bliddy quote thing is not working 

All I wanted to say was that it's just as well you didn't do the Sospan Fawr ride today Tracey. The weather was poor to start with and got worse from there on in! I did it with Trudy, I lent her my second bike, but she was having issues with it, so the ride was longer than it might have been! We cut it short in the end and just did the 15 not the 25! Having said that, the scenery is lovely and the ride around Pembrey is very pleasant. We were looking forward to the turn around point so that the vicious wind would be behind us, but the cheeky wind changed direction!!!

12/05/2013 at 20:47

Evening all

Well done Sue.  Wasn't a pleasant day to be cycling.  Nothing like a change of scene. 

Tracey - hope you had a good swim. 

Boffin - the good life doesn't stop for bad weather!  Not much better today either. When will spring arrive?

More tutoring for me today and a run.  Getting back into the swing of things which is great.  Snowdon marathon is back on the cards, I think

seren nos    pirate
12/05/2013 at 20:50

Blaenavon tri today..the hills were unbelievable and the wind on the tops and is some places was scary.made the rain worse than it was

but a great triathlon which deserves its reputation for being tough

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.