Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

38,081 to 38,100 of 39,421 messages
06/05/2013 at 09:26

Morning

Sounds like a great day out Tracey - can't fault the pies for tea Mmmmmm Pie

Sunshine predicted just about all day, so should be a good bank Holiday.

Like the idea of DIY races.

Sweetie has an exciting day of work, and I have an exciting day of... work - at least I will be outdoors albeit in a hedge digging gatepost holes.

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
06/05/2013 at 09:51

morning

a short dreadmill run and RPM for me this morning - now for a spot of gardening 

DIY races may well be the way to go.

Well done on those climbs Tracey - I have had cause to drive up over the Bwlch on occasion - my ears pop! The views are amazing and well worth the trip. When I first started working up in that area the road would be scattered with burnt out cars, that seems to have stopped now for some reason. 

06/05/2013 at 21:03

Evening all

What a stunning day

Excellent cycle ride Tracey. Hope you relaxed today.

Nice training Sue. 

Hope you managed to enjoy the sunshine Boffin.

Swim this morning and run this evening.  Did some tutoring earlier so a bit of work for me too. 

06/05/2013 at 22:43

Evening folks ....

Afternoon carrying daniel round that car show then over to brynmill park because he wanted to poke (with his plastic sword) the ducks. 7m hilly run tonight following.

06/05/2013 at 22:47

DIY Races are the way to go .... I have done most of the races everywhere within striking distance. Can't now as I have kids to look after but don't miss it. Finding it harder and harder to get the motivation to drive somewhere to run 10 miles when I can run ten 10 miles from the house.

I have always wanted to organise one (or two). I fancy a point-2-point 5k (dunvant square to blackpill) and a one miler (dunvant square to bishwell). Maybe this summer.

07/05/2013 at 07:21

Morning all

WA - local races are the way to go.  Love running but as you say, with the expense and time involved, driving a long way to run distances you can do here seems silly.

Lovely day again.  Enjoy

07/05/2013 at 08:29

The logistics of a point to point are a problem. People wouldn't like the walk back to Dunvant.

Planting beans and peas this morning.

07/05/2013 at 10:20

Morning

Nice day to be out in the garden Tracey

I did enjoy the sunshine thanks Nutty - whilst digging post holes and setting posts in concrete. Had to hand mix the concrete as no power at that end of the farm - as I was dry mixing one batch a frog was wriggling around in the mix!

I rescued it and washed it off as I doubt it would have breathed for long covered in cement dust!

Guess what, more fencing today!

07/05/2013 at 21:34

Evening all

Tracey - thats the thing with point to point.  Could always run up to Dunvant Square as a warm up and race back?

Nice day again.  You've been busy Boffin.  Good job your back is better. You need lots of pie

Back to work today.  Always go for a wander round Singleton Park in my lunch break.  It's looking lovely at the mo

08/05/2013 at 08:05

Morning all

Good idea Nutty, although I don't know how many people would do a 5k warm up for a 5k race.

People don't understand distance the way we do. You tell people you ran 5 miles and they think it's something amazing. It's the same with the bike, I'm thinking of doing a 100 mile ride next month and some of me colleagues nearly had a heart attack when I mentioned it. I just thought it looked like a lovely route...

seren nos    pirate
08/05/2013 at 08:10

morning.

where has the sun gone.

next time you have  apie fest you will have to have a DIY handicap race.....

08/05/2013 at 08:11

Link widget is broken, but here's the route for that bike ride:

http://www.rha-dev.co.uk/ctc_rides/viewcycle.php?id=82&title=Des%20Radford%20100%20miler

seren nos    pirate
08/05/2013 at 08:14

the link ain't working tracey

08/05/2013 at 13:08

Morning

Mmmmm Pie - like the sound of that Nutty

There must be brick wall handy for me to bang my head on... Boff Jnr managed to break his collar bone in three places whilst running around at school - less than one week before the start of his GCSEs. - Of course, it was his right arm and he is right handed, so writing might be interesting! Wheels are in motion to get him dispensation for his injury; extra time in exams and a note to the examiner offering an explanation for poor handwriting.

The clouds were sulking that they didn't get a look in the last two days Seren, so they are back to make their point!

... since when did this forum have an auto-correct spell function?

seren nos    pirate
08/05/2013 at 15:37

Boffin.wouldn't a computer be easier for him to use than his dodgy arm.......

or he could have a scribe to write for him....

my son was going to have a scribe but he has used a laptop for all lessons for the last few years so his typing speed is fast enough for him to do the exams on the computer.....

he hasn't broken anything...his problem is noone including himself can read his writing

08/05/2013 at 22:09

Evening all

Such bad news Boffin. These things happen.  My nephew broke his elbow half way through his A levels.  Good luck to you all.

I can only ride 5 miles on the bike.  100 miles sounds tough but I can understand how lovely it could be.

Hope life with you is good Seren.

Nice evening for running

09/05/2013 at 08:06

Morning

Oh no poor Boff Junior! Presumably his grades up to now will be taken into consideration as well as the provision being made for him to sit the exams. I'm sure he'll be fine, much less able children pass exams in these circumstances.

I suspect 100 miles on the bike will be tough Nutty, it's further than I have ever ridden by quite a margin. But hopefully it's not beyond the realms of possiblity, I intend to do a few longer rides beforehand and see how they go.

09/05/2013 at 10:46

Morning

I am sure Boff Jnr will be fine - all part of life's rich tapestry

Not sure I could do 5 miles at the moment Nutty! 100 miles is a nice round number and a great target; you're sure to have a great time Tracey

09/05/2013 at 13:40
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0154/1105/products/The_Daily_Mash_-_63_-_Cup_Cakes_-_mens_large.jpg?4765

Edited: 09/05/2013 at 13:40
09/05/2013 at 21:06

Evening all

Good luck Tracey - I am sure you will enjoy it.  You did a long cycling holiday a few years ago didn't you?  Is this one for charity?  I think you will need lots of pie and cake after that one.

Boffin - thinking of you and Tom.  How awful but as you say all part of life's rich tapestry.  Sometimes I wish the rich tapestry would just be plain boring!

Nice t-shirt WA. 

Another week flying by....

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.