Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

38,101 to 38,120 of 39,577 messages
13/05/2013 at 07:23

Morning all

Seren - it was a bad day for a tri.  Glad you enjoyed.  Well done.

Monday already - here we go again.

13/05/2013 at 08:30

Morning

If we put everything off until we had better weather we would achieve very little! Good on you all not letting it put you off your 'fun' - Kinda like hitting your head against a brick wall - great once it stops!

I have given up on Spring Nutty - we had that a week ago! - so I have gone straight on and booked Summer instead

13/05/2013 at 21:04

Evening all

I want to book summer please.  Some warmer weather would be great.  There's a nip in the air that shouldn't be there in May!

14/05/2013 at 08:37

I went to Bosherston Lakes yesterday and it was lovely. We sat outside the cafe and had a cream tea, it was plenty warm enough  but too windy for insects - perfect!

seren nos yn canu    pirate
14/05/2013 at 08:40

we keep on having heavy rain showers amongst the sunny windy weather...a right pain.......

weather looks bad for tonight ...I'm doing a 10 mile TT on the bike......not looking forward to it

14/05/2013 at 09:58

Morning

Insects... biting insects - I was eaten alive this morning whilst bottle feeding one of the lambs in the field. All this 'warmer' weather has hatched out the midges and today being still, muggy and damp suits them just fine!

14/05/2013 at 10:32

Morning ... awful weather for the 5k tonight. Froze my knackers off running last night too, wind was really cold.

Hope everyone has a good day though. It's all go here !

14/05/2013 at 20:33

Evening all

Well, its awful out there.  I didn't do the 5k but ventured out for a run and cut it short due to rain and wind.  Well done to all those who raced tonight.

Your day sounds nice Tracey.  Nothing like chilling in good company.

WA - hope you managed to stay warm whilst running this evening

15/05/2013 at 08:48

Yes indeed Nutty, they are crazy but brave. I also cut my run short, just couldn't get warm.

seren nos yn canu    pirate
15/05/2013 at 09:00

my bike race was cancelled last monet and so too late to go to running club...so i went to bed instead

15/05/2013 at 09:40

Morning

Good plan Seren

Glug glug glug... that was some rainfall we had last night - too much for a ten inch drain to cope with, so flooded wood shed - again! Radio reckons a month's rainfall in one night for Carmarthenshire - it was a lot of rain, but I don't think it was quite that much?

Forecast for sun today... so why is it currently raining?

15/05/2013 at 21:05

Evening all

Sometimes its good just to rest up.  You don't have many days where you do just that Seren.

Hope things on the farm are improving Boffin.

Nice this evening.  Ran around the coast which is always good

16/05/2013 at 08:08

Morning all, feels a bit weird typing this on here as I've barely told anyone about it  I've had the couple of weeks from hell so I'm not feeling great at the minute.

Last week I found out my dad has stomach cancer which is probably inoperable, I'd just about pulled myself together so I could be there for my mother.

Then my lovely Leon, the grey dog in my avatar who has never had a sick day in his life had to be put to sleep on Saturday, I'm pulling it together again now although I'm feeling pretty sh*tty most of the time but running is just about keeping me sane

So to keep our stress levels as low as possible we've just accepted an offer on our house and had an offer accepted on the house we want as well

16/05/2013 at 10:36

Morning

A very topsy turvy emotional roller coaster for you Jones, sorry to hear your sad news but good that you are staying strong.

Grass is growing and it has stopped raining for the moment, so things are good Nutty

16/05/2013 at 14:14

So sorry Jones, what a dreadful double blow for you. It might be really clever selling and buying the house now, it will give you something constructive to do.

16/05/2013 at 21:33

Evening all

Jones - so sorry to hear about all that is happening.  Thinking of you and Mrs Jones.

At least the sun was out today and blue skies. 

Nearly the weekend......

17/05/2013 at 07:17

Its Friday and the sun is out

17/05/2013 at 09:01

Morning all

I know why the weather is so good - Tom has a maths AS today, Daisy has her end of year maths exam and I am invigilating this afternoon. 

17/05/2013 at 09:31

Morning

Boff Jnr has Spanish GCSE this afternoon if that counts... Oh, wait, it is forecast to rain this afternoon!!

17/05/2013 at 21:57

Evening all

Lovely day

How is Boff Jnr getting on with his injury?  Hope his exam went well.

How did it all go for Tom and Daisy Tracey?

At least its the weekend

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.