Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

38,101 to 38,120 of 39,432 messages
10/05/2013 at 07:41

Get your coats back out.  Its a wintry one today.  At least its Friday

10/05/2013 at 10:10

Morning

Bit drier with me than yesterday - never much fun fencing in heavy rain; particularly don't like it when rain goes down your sleeve!

10/05/2013 at 21:37

Evening all

Hope it stayed dry with you Boffin.

Doesn't feel like May at all.

Anyone doing the 5k next week?

11/05/2013 at 10:06

Morning

Drier than the day before Nutty! I won't be doing the 5k; maybe one day

11/05/2013 at 20:13

Evening Boffin

Drier again today, just.  Can't complain as its a lovely evening.

Hope things on the farm are going well.

How is everyone else?

12/05/2013 at 09:20

All good here Nutty. Think I'll do a long swim today as the weather forecast is keeping me off the bike. OH is just going for it despite the forecast being for heavy rain all day, but I am far more of a whimp and prefer my water chlorinated and deep enough to float in.

12/05/2013 at 09:37

Morning

Weather - mixed bag yesterday... periods of lovely sunshine, then overcast and then even heavy hailstorm showers!! - Not easy setting gateposts in that weather; or mixing stiff concrete! Never mind, nearly done and then we will have another field ready for the sheep to graze

I didn't actually do any swimming yesterday Tracey, but it felt like it at times!! I hope your pool was more pleasant.

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
12/05/2013 at 15:27

Bliddy quote thing is not working 

All I wanted to say was that it's just as well you didn't do the Sospan Fawr ride today Tracey. The weather was poor to start with and got worse from there on in! I did it with Trudy, I lent her my second bike, but she was having issues with it, so the ride was longer than it might have been! We cut it short in the end and just did the 15 not the 25! Having said that, the scenery is lovely and the ride around Pembrey is very pleasant. We were looking forward to the turn around point so that the vicious wind would be behind us, but the cheeky wind changed direction!!!

12/05/2013 at 20:47

Evening all

Well done Sue.  Wasn't a pleasant day to be cycling.  Nothing like a change of scene. 

Tracey - hope you had a good swim. 

Boffin - the good life doesn't stop for bad weather!  Not much better today either. When will spring arrive?

More tutoring for me today and a run.  Getting back into the swing of things which is great.  Snowdon marathon is back on the cards, I think

seren nos    pirate
12/05/2013 at 20:50

Blaenavon tri today..the hills were unbelievable and the wind on the tops and is some places was scary.made the rain worse than it was

but a great triathlon which deserves its reputation for being tough

13/05/2013 at 07:23

Morning all

Seren - it was a bad day for a tri.  Glad you enjoyed.  Well done.

Monday already - here we go again.

13/05/2013 at 08:30

Morning

If we put everything off until we had better weather we would achieve very little! Good on you all not letting it put you off your 'fun' - Kinda like hitting your head against a brick wall - great once it stops!

I have given up on Spring Nutty - we had that a week ago! - so I have gone straight on and booked Summer instead

13/05/2013 at 21:04

Evening all

I want to book summer please.  Some warmer weather would be great.  There's a nip in the air that shouldn't be there in May!

14/05/2013 at 08:37

I went to Bosherston Lakes yesterday and it was lovely. We sat outside the cafe and had a cream tea, it was plenty warm enough  but too windy for insects - perfect!

seren nos    pirate
14/05/2013 at 08:40

we keep on having heavy rain showers amongst the sunny windy weather...a right pain.......

weather looks bad for tonight ...I'm doing a 10 mile TT on the bike......not looking forward to it

14/05/2013 at 09:58

Morning

Insects... biting insects - I was eaten alive this morning whilst bottle feeding one of the lambs in the field. All this 'warmer' weather has hatched out the midges and today being still, muggy and damp suits them just fine!

14/05/2013 at 10:32

Morning ... awful weather for the 5k tonight. Froze my knackers off running last night too, wind was really cold.

Hope everyone has a good day though. It's all go here !

14/05/2013 at 20:33

Evening all

Well, its awful out there.  I didn't do the 5k but ventured out for a run and cut it short due to rain and wind.  Well done to all those who raced tonight.

Your day sounds nice Tracey.  Nothing like chilling in good company.

WA - hope you managed to stay warm whilst running this evening

15/05/2013 at 08:48

Yes indeed Nutty, they are crazy but brave. I also cut my run short, just couldn't get warm.

seren nos    pirate
15/05/2013 at 09:00

my bike race was cancelled last monet and so too late to go to running club...so i went to bed instead

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.