Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

38,121 to 38,140 of 39,291 messages
15/05/2013 at 09:40

Morning

Good plan Seren

Glug glug glug... that was some rainfall we had last night - too much for a ten inch drain to cope with, so flooded wood shed - again! Radio reckons a month's rainfall in one night for Carmarthenshire - it was a lot of rain, but I don't think it was quite that much?

Forecast for sun today... so why is it currently raining?

15/05/2013 at 21:05

Evening all

Sometimes its good just to rest up.  You don't have many days where you do just that Seren.

Hope things on the farm are improving Boffin.

Nice this evening.  Ran around the coast which is always good

16/05/2013 at 08:08

Morning all, feels a bit weird typing this on here as I've barely told anyone about it  I've had the couple of weeks from hell so I'm not feeling great at the minute.

Last week I found out my dad has stomach cancer which is probably inoperable, I'd just about pulled myself together so I could be there for my mother.

Then my lovely Leon, the grey dog in my avatar who has never had a sick day in his life had to be put to sleep on Saturday, I'm pulling it together again now although I'm feeling pretty sh*tty most of the time but running is just about keeping me sane

So to keep our stress levels as low as possible we've just accepted an offer on our house and had an offer accepted on the house we want as well

16/05/2013 at 10:36

Morning

A very topsy turvy emotional roller coaster for you Jones, sorry to hear your sad news but good that you are staying strong.

Grass is growing and it has stopped raining for the moment, so things are good Nutty

16/05/2013 at 14:14

So sorry Jones, what a dreadful double blow for you. It might be really clever selling and buying the house now, it will give you something constructive to do.

16/05/2013 at 21:33

Evening all

Jones - so sorry to hear about all that is happening.  Thinking of you and Mrs Jones.

At least the sun was out today and blue skies. 

Nearly the weekend......

17/05/2013 at 07:17

Its Friday and the sun is out

17/05/2013 at 09:01

Morning all

I know why the weather is so good - Tom has a maths AS today, Daisy has her end of year maths exam and I am invigilating this afternoon. 

17/05/2013 at 09:31

Morning

Boff Jnr has Spanish GCSE this afternoon if that counts... Oh, wait, it is forecast to rain this afternoon!!

17/05/2013 at 21:57

Evening all

Lovely day

How is Boff Jnr getting on with his injury?  Hope his exam went well.

How did it all go for Tom and Daisy Tracey?

At least its the weekend

17/05/2013 at 22:52

So sorry about your dad Steve. My best wishes to you all.

18/05/2013 at 08:53

Sorry to hear about your bad news Jones.

things like that put all our minor irritations into life so I won't moan about mine!

cardiff office is now e open so less travelling now. 

sun is shining and it's the weekend!

off to France a week today.

hope all are well. 

18/05/2013 at 08:54

Morning Folks !

Another day eh ? At least no rain.

18/05/2013 at 08:55

Daisy was quite happy but initially Tom thought he'd done really badly. He took three pens in with him, all of which ran out. Then the invigilator gave him a pen which also ran out. By this time he was flustered and messed up two questions. When he first came out he said he'd "failed". When he'd eaten and calmed down, he worked out that of the nine questions on the paper, he'd done seven perfectly and would get marks for workings on the other two. He now thinks he might be OK. Also, it turns out that in his head, 'fail' means 'get less than an A'. As someone who has genuinely falied more than my share of maths exams, I think he should cheer up and be happy with a B.

I'm off to a Welsh revision day today. Humph, hope it's not a waste of a beautiful day...

18/05/2013 at 10:09

Morning

On that score Tracey it would appear I have 'failed' a good few exams in my time then Good Tom has strong expectations.

Turned out nice in the end then despite all the exams going on, I was putting posts in and fencing around fruit trees yesterday and managed to catch the post basher (25Kg steel tube with handles) on the rear edge of the post causing it to tilt and clonk me on the head! I thought the worst of it was having bitten my tongue until I felt the blood trickle down my face. Figured I best get cleaned up before I passed out (I am an utter wouse with my own blood!) - was nothing in the end, just a graze and a headache

Boff Jnr is doing OK with his right arm in a sling - teenage boys heal quickly which is just as well. He can write OK-ish so with the extra time he is getting through his exams.

Good for you the Cardiff Office is open Kev - was that a typo, or is it a virtual office?

18/05/2013 at 12:32

Afternoon all and thanks for the kind words everyone  its all a bit less raw now at least and running is really helping, just back from a very hilly 15 miles around Gower  which was about two miles too long for me but still lovely in the sunshine, 18 miles next week

18/05/2013 at 20:37

Evening all

Jones - running helps as you say. 

Tracey - I am sure Tom will have done very well.  Hope your day of Welsh was successful too.  Well done Daisy.

Boffin - be careful!!  Accidents happen but that sounds nasty.  Good news that Boffin Jnr is managing with his injury.

Lovely day today.  Make hay whilst the sun shines.  Haven't stopped!

19/05/2013 at 20:59

Evening

What a gorgeous day.  Lets hope its like this for the bank holiday.

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
20/05/2013 at 05:25

morning

the weather looks set to be good this week, let's hope it lasts!

I went bickeling (bimbling on a bike) with my mad friend. We went early along the seafront and had a coffee at the 360, it was such a relaxing time. Lovely sunshine, fab views, we need more of it!

3 working days left for me 

20/05/2013 at 07:23

Morning all. 

5 days in work then a week away in France. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.