Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

38,141 to 38,160 of 39,464 messages
21/05/2013 at 20:51

Push the bike up the hill? Seriously? How can you run up Snowdon but not cycle up Mayals? It's only a twmp!

21/05/2013 at 22:39

"Twmp ..."

Yes, indeed, perhaps a bit of a practice.

72m squid on the Euro Millions friday too, just seen it on the box. No winners again !

I have got a sore right foot and right 'index' toe. Fingers crossed it will go soon. Just about to watch the story of Swansea City. I can remember when anyone could have bought it for a pound ! Not a fan, don't think much about football but hopefully it will be a good business story.

22/05/2013 at 07:29

Morning all

Tracey - only learnt to ride a bike a few years ago so my technique is non existent. 

Bad news WA.  Perhaps you should get your injuries checked by the doctor?

Long weekend ahead

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
22/05/2013 at 07:58

Morning. Today is my Friday. In fact the last Friday in this job. . Lots of long weekends for me.. That is, until I get bored. Lots of work out there for those that want it if you are not too fussy about what you do. 

Have a goods day all 

22/05/2013 at 08:23

morning !

seren nos    pirate
22/05/2013 at 08:32

Have a great day Sue..........enjoy it.you have earned a rest 

22/05/2013 at 08:32

Yes, 'fingers crossed' doesn't sound like a brilliant management strategy Alex.

Ran around Clyne last night - very pretty at this time of the year. Just a shame that all those beautiful blossoms produce so much pollen!

22/05/2013 at 09:27

Morning

Where will it go Alex? Index toe, would that be the big toe? I guess it is a tadge hard to run with just the one foot... can't see hoping catching on as the next fitness craze, so I hope it heals up soon for you.

Have a good Wednesday Friday Sue

22/05/2013 at 16:43

Clyne is really nice right now, and Tracey, have you tried some of the trails round Clyne Woods too ? I have been exploring there recently.

seren nos    pirate
22/05/2013 at 16:45

had a lovely run today.went up over caerphilly mountain and then found some cycle track......12.8 miles done.pleased to have done it as was feling rough this morning.

Sue I hope you have been suitably spoilt this morning

22/05/2013 at 21:46

Evening all

Sue - this is it.  You are your own boss now

Nice run Seren.  Gorgeous day for it.

How is the foot WA?

I walked through Clyne the other day.  Really is lovely at this time of year.

23/05/2013 at 03:08

Morning ....

Up with Daniel who has the trots. He is ok in himself otherwise save a reallly sore butt.

Watching Dora the Explorer.. Fab.

Foot, well, toe is painful on times. May go to quack and ask for xray although it may be a sprain on a fracture of the sort that won't show on an xray

23/05/2013 at 07:34

Morning all

WA - hope you and Daniel are okay.  Perhaps you need to go and see the doctor?

Have a good one all

23/05/2013 at 07:38

Morning all  10 miles last night, seemed to be windy whatever direction I was running  very nice out there though

Dreaded surveyors are coming on Tuesday, its going to take 1 to 2 hours so I presume their having the homebuyers report ?

23/05/2013 at 07:55

Know what you mean about the wind Jones, I ride along the bay to get to work and usually get one direction with me, one against. At the moment it seems to be both directions against. It sounds unlikey but it seems the wind is in the South.

Off to Carmarthen to meet my sister for lunch as it's her birthday. I've bought her a Kindle, she better like it or she's in trouble.

23/05/2013 at 10:21

Morning

It is only windy in every direction because you are all running so fast

Was a lovely day... now it is lobbing it down. Predicted to do this all day...

23/05/2013 at 12:15

It's been lobbing it down here too. Dry now though.

Knackered after being up with Daniel. His bowels seem to have stopped squirting now though albeit his butt is raw. Not nice. Hopping my parents can take over the childcare in an hour or so.

Am considering that I may have to take some time off running as my toe is not too good.

Steve, I have to say last time I saw you running you were looking light on your feet. Any forthcoming targets or races for you and MrsJ ? Good luck with the survey.

Tracey, if she does not want the kindle I'll have it.

23/05/2013 at 18:43

Thanks Alex, I'm feeling pretty good at the moment but I just can't motivate myself to get out more than 3 times a week  so at the moment I know I'm only feeling good because I'm under 9.5 stone again but through diet more than exercise.

Tenby marathon in the middle of July is our next big one and I'm hoping to get under 3hr 20 but I don't know if I'll be brave enough to go off that fast on the day, I've blown up in marathons before and its an awfully long race if it all goes pear shaped.

This year I want to go sub 40 minutes in a 10k, sub 1hr 30 in a 1/2 and sub 3hr 20 in a marathon  I'm pretty sure I could do the 10k now and I'm not far off in a 1/2 but the marathon still scares me

23/05/2013 at 21:26

Evening all

Jones - I am sure you can do all that.  Your running has gone so well in recent years.

Tracey - hope you had a great day with your sister.

WA - poor Daniel. Hope he is okay.  Take care of your toe.  Some cross training may be needed?

Boffin - a mixed bag of weather here today. cold and windy as well. 

The weekend again.  Anyone doing anything for the bank holiday?

24/05/2013 at 07:43

Morning all

Sounds great Jones, you can do it!

Alex - how come you don't already have a Kindle? They are the dog's proverbials.

My sister was delighted with hers thankfully. I waited until we were both well fed and half cut on Mojitos which would have helped, but I was still surprised by how positive her reaction was. She is a big reader, even more than me, but she's a bit of a technophobe and evidently just couldn't quite take the plunge.

Speaking of which, off for a swim this morning I think.

The weekend - cycling on Sunday Nutty - up to the bikers' cafe in Sennybridge - hopefully about 70 miles. That's all I know so far. What about you?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.