Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

38,141 to 38,160 of 39,287 messages
seren nos    pirate
20/05/2013 at 07:58

morning all

off for a swim in the taff

20/05/2013 at 08:45

Ew! I am off to WNPS soon and am not happy as they had a gala on the weekend which means they will have dropped the temperature to 29 degrees. You make me feel like a real whimp Seren!

I also had a nice ride yesterday - we went up something called Mynydd Eppynt - a bugger of a climb with a plateau on top. It's all owned by the military, there are firing ranges up there and a puropse built village for them to practice urban warfare. The views are amazing and it's very unspoilt and quiet.

Sue - is that last three days ever?

20/05/2013 at 11:02

Morning

Cycling uphill on a firing range - now that is what I call motivation!

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
20/05/2013 at 13:20

Yes Tracey, last 3 days in this job 

I've been where you describe and have slept in that village. Tramping around the area doing Krypton factor type things getting wet, crawling through tunnels and abseiling down the side of buildings. All in the name of fun 

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
20/05/2013 at 16:46

morning

the weather looks set to be good this week, let's hope it lasts!

I went bickeling (bimbling on a bike) with my mad friend. We went early along the seafront and had a coffee at the 360, it was such a relaxing time. Lovely sunshine, fab views, we need more of it!

3 working days left for me 

20/05/2013 at 22:03

Evening all

Good luck Sue.  Life has more adventures in store for you I am sure.  Bike rides sound like a  laugh.

I went swimming before work today and it was rather cold!  So annoying when they shut all weekend. 

Tracey - hope Tom and Daisy have recovered from their exams.  I am no good cycling on the flat, never mind uphill.  I love running uphill

21/05/2013 at 08:08

I went swimming too Clare. It's dreadfully cold after a gala! OK when you get going though.

21/05/2013 at 12:07

Afternoon

Busy old time.

Good to know you all are enjoying your swimming - must be nice early in the morning Nutty, good way to start the day

You are finding yet more ways to keep going Tracey - cycle quickly to avoid the tanks and keep swimming before you freeze!

You could always cycle down hill Nutty, then run back uphill with your bike?

21/05/2013 at 13:49

"Yes Tracey, last 3 days in this job" - Excellent stuff Sue, you will never look back whatever you think ! Onwards and Upwards !

21/05/2013 at 20:23

Evening all

Good thinking Boffin.  I often go for a bike ride across the front in the mornings.  Freewheel down and push the bike up the hill.  Its usually 6 am so a bit early to go running up hill with a bike in tow!!

Went for another early morning swim today.   Tis a great way to start the day

2 days left now Sue..... Good luck.

21/05/2013 at 20:51

Push the bike up the hill? Seriously? How can you run up Snowdon but not cycle up Mayals? It's only a twmp!

21/05/2013 at 22:39

"Twmp ..."

Yes, indeed, perhaps a bit of a practice.

72m squid on the Euro Millions friday too, just seen it on the box. No winners again !

I have got a sore right foot and right 'index' toe. Fingers crossed it will go soon. Just about to watch the story of Swansea City. I can remember when anyone could have bought it for a pound ! Not a fan, don't think much about football but hopefully it will be a good business story.

22/05/2013 at 07:29

Morning all

Tracey - only learnt to ride a bike a few years ago so my technique is non existent. 

Bad news WA.  Perhaps you should get your injuries checked by the doctor?

Long weekend ahead

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
22/05/2013 at 07:58

Morning. Today is my Friday. In fact the last Friday in this job. . Lots of long weekends for me.. That is, until I get bored. Lots of work out there for those that want it if you are not too fussy about what you do. 

Have a goods day all 

22/05/2013 at 08:23

morning !

seren nos    pirate
22/05/2013 at 08:32

Have a great day Sue..........enjoy it.you have earned a rest 

22/05/2013 at 08:32

Yes, 'fingers crossed' doesn't sound like a brilliant management strategy Alex.

Ran around Clyne last night - very pretty at this time of the year. Just a shame that all those beautiful blossoms produce so much pollen!

22/05/2013 at 09:27

Morning

Where will it go Alex? Index toe, would that be the big toe? I guess it is a tadge hard to run with just the one foot... can't see hoping catching on as the next fitness craze, so I hope it heals up soon for you.

Have a good Wednesday Friday Sue

22/05/2013 at 16:43

Clyne is really nice right now, and Tracey, have you tried some of the trails round Clyne Woods too ? I have been exploring there recently.

seren nos    pirate
22/05/2013 at 16:45

had a lovely run today.went up over caerphilly mountain and then found some cycle track......12.8 miles done.pleased to have done it as was feling rough this morning.

Sue I hope you have been suitably spoilt this morning

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.