Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

38,421 to 38,440 of 39,444 messages
17/07/2013 at 21:46

Did we decide on a date for a pie fest?  Would September be better? 

17/07/2013 at 22:01

I will eat pie any time

17/07/2013 at 22:03

£700 is not a lot for your life as you should know having had one nasty fall Boffin.

17/07/2013 at 22:03

And well done the Jones !

18/07/2013 at 07:59

Morning all

Why does the chimney need painting anyway? Will it stop it falling off or rotting? Are you likely to want to sell the house in the near future? 

Got youngest off on her week's holiday last night, just got to go to work, shopping, host book group tonight, sort food out for the kids and sort the bikes out. Then it's a weekend of cycling, drinking, eating and laughing. Whoo hoo!

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
18/07/2013 at 08:03

morning all

Nice one Tracey - I have a weekend in store of drinking eating and laughing - missing out the cycling bit. Apparently my brother has organised a Hog roast! He has also booked a band - I hope he has either invited the neighbours or apologised in advance!

18/07/2013 at 09:38

Morning

Too true Alex, once bitten forever shy with me! - Chimney can stay in it's moss encrusted glory for me Tracey... after all one of them has been like that for the last few decades at least!

I am with Alex, any time is a good pie time... Mmmmmmm Pie

How is the foot Alex?

Great news on your contract exchange Jones - defo good reason to celebrate especially in these turbulent house buying times.

We have no intention of ever selling this place Tracey, but then we said that about our last home in Caerphilly - so who knows? Not sure how we would expand on this though... an island maybe? - Then again if I did fall off something again and end up in a wheelchair, that would pretty much do it - leave alone all risky stuff I say

....now where did I put that cotton wool?...

18/07/2013 at 10:24

Morning everyone, lots going on I see!

Depending on the the time I get later it should be a 10k run for me after work which is my last run before a very heavy weekend I guess as tomorrow morning I am off to bournemouth on a stag weekend with a load of mates.

Will be missing my long slow run this weekend, and will hopefully get back out for a run on Tuesday, should be fighting fit by then I hope.

Doctors for me today though, been deaf as a post in both ears this week due to some sort of ear infection (seems to have started when hay fever kicked in, which until recently I havent suffered with for many years).   Saw a nurse yesterday who told me my ears were both blocked up (as I thought) so she cleaned them both out which has improved earing a lot, but still not right at all. Got a feeling I will be getting anti-biotics so cant really start those until Monday.  Oh well, dont want to moan as it could be worse! (yesterday before "syringing" I was almost 100% deaf in both ears, was very worried about that, now I feel like I need to pop my ears, but cant)

Have fun everyone

18/07/2013 at 20:50

Evening all

Simon - bad news about ears.  Hope they are sorted soon.  Enjoy your weekend away.

Boffin - the chimney will be there for another day.  No rush.

Enjoy your time away Tracey.

Sue enjoy your celebrations too.

Jones - hope everything goes through for you soon.

WA - how is the foot?

Swim this morning and a run this evening.  Was really enjoying run then hit the flat for last couple of miles home and lost it.  It was too hot ...

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
18/07/2013 at 21:04

Evening

Well, we are having something of a summer  - about time too!

I cycled to my writing group (took the long way cos it was so nice out there), then cycled down to the environment centre this evening for a craft swap. As Tracey said, travelling by bike is much more enjoyable than cars.

Why on earth was I wibbling about retiring? 

19/07/2013 at 10:02

Morning

You enjoy your retirement Sue, you have certainly earned it When you get bored cycling around you can always pop over here, I am sure to find loads of 'exciting and stimulating' things for you to do

Got to keep in mind we are not used to this hotter weather - do take care out there Nutty.

Enjoy your Stag do Simon, plenty of opportunity to make up for a missed long run. Antibiotics will probably clear up your hearing, but wise not to bin their efficacy with alcohol - as you say, starting the course once you are back would be a good idea.

19/07/2013 at 21:06

Evening all

Sue - there's more to life than work and you have done your fair share.  Time to enjoy the sunshine

Good luck Tracey.  Enjoy your weekend away.

Boffin - never a dull moment for you.

Woke up early so went out on my bike at 5.30 and did 10.5 miles!  Furthest I have ever cycled and I didn't fall off

Jones - hope the house is getting sorted.

19/07/2013 at 21:07

Is 24th August okay for everyone for a pie fest?

seren nos    pirate
19/07/2013 at 21:39

that might well with my plans

20/07/2013 at 09:26

Morning

24th August is clear with me - or at least I have not booked anything down for then!!

I understand not falling off is a really good way to cycle Nutty Not long now before you will be winning Tri events too

Went out to fill the cattle's water bucket yesterday tea time (have to fill their water three times a day in this weather). I have five cattle and only two could be seen - now, cattle are not exactly small, hide in the grass type animals! So I check all the perimeter escape routes or just lazy cattle sleeping in the shade - nothing! Three cattle had vaporized in the heat!!

I did eventually find them - in another field! No fences had come down, so I figure they just got bored where they were and stepped over the stock fencing to explore another field!! The fencing between these two fields was only 4' stock fencing with no barbed wire on top, and as I mention these cattle are not exactly tiny (they are the calves you guys fed at the last pie fest... they have grown!)

seren nos    pirate
20/07/2013 at 10:42

no Nuty should not be allowed to do triathlons.she has to leave some races for the rest of us to fight over the trophies

20/07/2013 at 16:05

Afternoon all  whoo hoo we've moved  currently sitting in our front room looking across the bay towards the pier in between snoozes and watching the tour de France

Much better than our old view of fat men in far too little clothing sitting in the pub garden getting redder and redder

Absolutely knackered now though, never thought moving such a short distance could be so hard

seren nos    pirate
20/07/2013 at 18:17

brillaint that the move has all happened...time to relax

20/07/2013 at 20:49

Evening all

Boffin - I am hopeless on a bike. Running is what I will stick to!! Glad you found cows, as you say, they are difficult to lose really!

The pie fest should be good.  Usually starts about 2 ish.  Lets hope this weather stays.

Excellent news Jones. Good luck in your new home.

21/07/2013 at 09:57

Morning

Congratulations on your move Jones - watching the Tour de France - just how far did you move!

I think the rest of the field needs to be banned from races if I am to win trophies Seren

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.