Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

38,461 to 38,480 of 39,546 messages
27/07/2013 at 09:52

Morning

Seren has a point, there is always the sea Nutty - wouldn't like it myself... too many unknowns for me!

Good plan there Simon, can't fault you

One mystery solved via facebook yesterday - a large biting insect on my cattle turned out to be the largest horsefly found in the UK (not individually - as a species!) - nasty looking thing, caught alive but the stress of it all came too much for it and it is still sat on my desk in it's open topped jar. Given how much it was enjoying feeding off my cattle, I don't feel a great deal of sympathy for the parasite. Since that discovery, there are two more types of biting insects on the cattle I want to identify - probably more species of horsefly, but not as big as the first!

Oh the joys of living in the countryside!!

27/07/2013 at 21:23

Evening all

This rain has freshened everything up. 

Boffin - there was a race in Neath recently and the horseflies there were vicious too.  They seem to be out in force this year.  Poor cows...!

Sue - I am happy to have a pie fest here at my house again.  If anyone else wants to host it, great but no worries if not.  Taking it easy with the running, thanks.  How is your training going?

Seren - the sea looks very inviting but I am not a strong swimmer and wouldn't venture in on my own.  The pool is open early morning and late evening next week so all is not lost

28/07/2013 at 21:34

Evening all

What a change in the weather.

Popped in to Penlan swimming pool on way to see family and got a swim in.  Long run in the pouring rain tonight.  At least this weather is okay to run in

Hope you all had a good day.

29/07/2013 at 08:43

Morning all

Nice to see Sue at North Dock yesterday, we were lucky with the weather and only got one soaking all day! Nice ride too - up to Llyn Llech Owain via Pontardulais and back down the Swiss Valley track. 47.5 miles and all very pleasant.

Not  happy about this closed pool thing - nothing today and vitually nothing all week. The little pools are too warm and full of kids, that's why I pay £20 to swim in the National. No reduction in that £20 this month I note. Pah!

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
29/07/2013 at 08:55

morning

shame about the pool Tracey. When I joined, they told me that it was cheaper membership than most place because of the fact that it would be closed due to events now and again. 

It was lovely to see you as well, and the rest of the group. I got home just as it started raining - because I cycled down to meet the group I covered a total of 45 miles yesterday. The most I have cycled in one day so pleased with that. I also took my heavy bike, so that made for a good work out.

I've been waiting for a rainy day so that I can get some indoor rainy day type stuff done (sewing, catching up on films etc), now I'm waiting for a dry day so I can get some outside painting done! neversatisfied.com 

29/07/2013 at 09:31

Morning

That'sjustlife.com Sue

Rained here yesterday then? - We missed it as took a rare trip to London to watch the circus, lovely day out with the family

29/07/2013 at 21:50

Evening all

Boffin - sounds like you had a good day away.  Sunny too

Bike ride sounds as if it went well yesterday Sue and Tracey.  Nice to do something different.  The pool thing is annoying.  I like my early morning swims before work .

Sue - you have all the time in the world now so I am sure you will get it all done

30/07/2013 at 09:46

Morning

Can you not visit another pool in the interim Nutty? Annoying you have to miss your morning swim.

Cirque de Solei was impressive; lots of very skilled acrobatics etc, although I have to confess to finding the clowns the most entertaining - go all that way and all the costs involved to find a couple of blokes in oversized shoes hilarious...

30/07/2013 at 21:28

Evening all

Woke up early so went to the pool by 7 for a swim.  Its open till 7.30 to the public

Sounds like you had a great day Boffin.  Sometimes its good to do something different.

Strange day  again.  Fine all day but looked as if it was going to rain any minute!!

seren nos    pirate
30/07/2013 at 21:35

boffin......sounds like a good family day .......

Just had a club leisure league race tonight.I haven't done the course as I usually marshall..........enjoyed it tonight despite the hills......I always run fast when in the club races.....makes a change and pleased that i still can .....even if its a lot slower than i used to run.still 4th female from out club and the first 6 women score so i'm always pleased to be in a scoring position

31/07/2013 at 07:16

Morning all

Well done on your run Seren. 

Wednesday already.  The weeks just fly

31/07/2013 at 07:57

Morning all  well done Seren, I haven't raced in what seems like ages

Not for me for a change but can anybody recommend someone for Helen to go and see about a calf injury ? She can still run on it but its been there annoying her in the background all through Tenby Marathon training.

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
31/07/2013 at 08:59

Morning

Rose Jones is to be highly recommended Jonesy. You'll find her contact details on the Celtic Tri website. Any problems let me know and I'll PM you her number.

31/07/2013 at 20:31

Evening all

Jones - how are you settling into your new home?  The running will come back once life settles down. Rose is very good as Sue says.

Warm running tonight. Strange weather we are having!

Wednesday already.  The weeks just fly by. 

01/08/2013 at 11:04

Morning

...where does the time go...?

01/08/2013 at 21:05

Evening all

Boffin - I know.  Another week over, nearly.

Lovely day here today.  Back on the injury bench for me I am afraid.....

seren nos    pirate
01/08/2013 at 21:19

Bad news NR.it was hot out tonight running.......

looks like i might have to pass on the pie fest now as have recieved a 40th birthday invite from one of my hubbies friends.....

02/08/2013 at 07:15

Morning all

Seren - we will all catch up soon at  a race or something I am sure.  Enjoy the birthday celebrations.

Friday and the weekend again

seren nos    pirate
02/08/2013 at 07:25

i have a wedding today........going to the ceremony and then the evening do tonight......

hope it brightens up a bit

02/08/2013 at 20:51

Evening all

Hope you had a good day Seren.  Was lovely here till about 6.30 then thunder and heavy rain.  Hope it stayed fine for you.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.