Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

38,461 to 38,480 of 39,423 messages
25/07/2013 at 12:13

Morning

Sweetie is up for the pie fest Nutty - work willing!

Good weather for growing stuff - warm, wet and some sunshine. Bit hard to judge in terms of putting out the washing though Seren!

25/07/2013 at 15:46

Hello all.

Last nights run was much cooler than it has been for the last few weeks and I definitely felt that I had more energy left than usual at the end of it so the heat must have made a difference I think, it seems to sap the energy much quicker!  The rain was quite nice for a change too, though I have got used to running in the dry weather & wouldnt mind it staying dry (and more importantly wind free!) for as long as possible.

All the best everyone

25/07/2013 at 21:14

Evening all

Another warm one!

Great news Boffin. 

Seren - my neighbour is having his garage rebuilt so I haven't been able to peg washing out for a while.  Dust everywhere!!!! 

Simon H - nice photo.  When is your next race?

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
26/07/2013 at 09:01

morning 

nice to see RW working again - for the moment!

26/07/2013 at 10:18

Morning

We all suffer in the heat Simon, once you are warmed up and going I think the rain during a run is quite nice - hail, sleet, flooding etc are perhaps a bit much?

Nasty dusty builders! I recommend making a lemon drizzle cake for them Nutty and mention the dust - you will be amazed to see how quickly they can keep the dust down! - Flipside of course, they can make an amazing amount of dust if the cake supplies dry up...

26/07/2013 at 15:05

Afternoon!

Ye Olde Dragon - Yes the site seems stable again at the moment, lets hope it stays like this.

Nutty Runner - Thats from Swansea Bay 5K in June this year just before the finish line (looks much better than the one that ended up on the site!).  My next event is the Swansea 10K in september so I'm looking forward to that.  I wonder if anyone else on here is entering it, got a feeling there may be a few of you?

Boffin - Yes light rain is usually quite nice for running in, it certainly can cross the line though at times like when I get back to the car feeling about 2 stone heavier with added water!

My wife is away on a hen weekend in Blackpool from this morning so what I am planning on doing.... well, a 7km run after work tonight, some odd jobs & some housework tomorrow and a 16km run on Sunday morning.  Something generally does not feel right in all this, ha ha

26/07/2013 at 21:15

Evening

You have a point Boffin.  Cake is the answer to everything

Never a dull moment for you Simon.

Hope life in the fast lane is good Sue.

Friday and the weekend.  Great...........

27/07/2013 at 07:53

Morning all

Just ventured over to pool for my usual Saturday swim and there is an event on.  Not just today but all next week.....

Will just have to run instead.

Have a good day all

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
27/07/2013 at 09:06

morning

shame about the pool Nutty, it's a bit frustrating when that happens. 

take care with the running now, don't do too much too soon, better to do a little and keep going than end up on the injury bench again! Hark at me giving running advice to the great NR 

Tracey, how did  your weekend go?

24th August is fine by me so far for the pie fest, where is the question, my place is a bit small and the muppets would be nagging for pie and attention (they wouldn't be allowed pie but that wouldn't stop them asking).

seren nos    pirate
27/07/2013 at 09:14

morning all....seems to have cooled abit.......Nutty.go for a swim in the sea instead...........you jave a massive beach near you

27/07/2013 at 09:52

Morning

Seren has a point, there is always the sea Nutty - wouldn't like it myself... too many unknowns for me!

Good plan there Simon, can't fault you

One mystery solved via facebook yesterday - a large biting insect on my cattle turned out to be the largest horsefly found in the UK (not individually - as a species!) - nasty looking thing, caught alive but the stress of it all came too much for it and it is still sat on my desk in it's open topped jar. Given how much it was enjoying feeding off my cattle, I don't feel a great deal of sympathy for the parasite. Since that discovery, there are two more types of biting insects on the cattle I want to identify - probably more species of horsefly, but not as big as the first!

Oh the joys of living in the countryside!!

27/07/2013 at 21:23

Evening all

This rain has freshened everything up. 

Boffin - there was a race in Neath recently and the horseflies there were vicious too.  They seem to be out in force this year.  Poor cows...!

Sue - I am happy to have a pie fest here at my house again.  If anyone else wants to host it, great but no worries if not.  Taking it easy with the running, thanks.  How is your training going?

Seren - the sea looks very inviting but I am not a strong swimmer and wouldn't venture in on my own.  The pool is open early morning and late evening next week so all is not lost

28/07/2013 at 21:34

Evening all

What a change in the weather.

Popped in to Penlan swimming pool on way to see family and got a swim in.  Long run in the pouring rain tonight.  At least this weather is okay to run in

Hope you all had a good day.

29/07/2013 at 08:43

Morning all

Nice to see Sue at North Dock yesterday, we were lucky with the weather and only got one soaking all day! Nice ride too - up to Llyn Llech Owain via Pontardulais and back down the Swiss Valley track. 47.5 miles and all very pleasant.

Not  happy about this closed pool thing - nothing today and vitually nothing all week. The little pools are too warm and full of kids, that's why I pay £20 to swim in the National. No reduction in that £20 this month I note. Pah!

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
29/07/2013 at 08:55

morning

shame about the pool Tracey. When I joined, they told me that it was cheaper membership than most place because of the fact that it would be closed due to events now and again. 

It was lovely to see you as well, and the rest of the group. I got home just as it started raining - because I cycled down to meet the group I covered a total of 45 miles yesterday. The most I have cycled in one day so pleased with that. I also took my heavy bike, so that made for a good work out.

I've been waiting for a rainy day so that I can get some indoor rainy day type stuff done (sewing, catching up on films etc), now I'm waiting for a dry day so I can get some outside painting done! neversatisfied.com 

29/07/2013 at 09:31

Morning

That'sjustlife.com Sue

Rained here yesterday then? - We missed it as took a rare trip to London to watch the circus, lovely day out with the family

29/07/2013 at 21:50

Evening all

Boffin - sounds like you had a good day away.  Sunny too

Bike ride sounds as if it went well yesterday Sue and Tracey.  Nice to do something different.  The pool thing is annoying.  I like my early morning swims before work .

Sue - you have all the time in the world now so I am sure you will get it all done

30/07/2013 at 09:46

Morning

Can you not visit another pool in the interim Nutty? Annoying you have to miss your morning swim.

Cirque de Solei was impressive; lots of very skilled acrobatics etc, although I have to confess to finding the clowns the most entertaining - go all that way and all the costs involved to find a couple of blokes in oversized shoes hilarious...

30/07/2013 at 21:28

Evening all

Woke up early so went to the pool by 7 for a swim.  Its open till 7.30 to the public

Sounds like you had a great day Boffin.  Sometimes its good to do something different.

Strange day  again.  Fine all day but looked as if it was going to rain any minute!!

seren nos    pirate
30/07/2013 at 21:35

boffin......sounds like a good family day .......

Just had a club leisure league race tonight.I haven't done the course as I usually marshall..........enjoyed it tonight despite the hills......I always run fast when in the club races.....makes a change and pleased that i still can .....even if its a lot slower than i used to run.still 4th female from out club and the first 6 women score so i'm always pleased to be in a scoring position

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.