Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

38,541 to 38,560 of 39,456 messages
19/08/2013 at 09:33

Morning

Pooff! that's where Nutty!

All sheep and cattle vaccinated etc many thanks to Boff Jnr - almost as energetic as a collie and pretty quick too Our rams are very friendly - impossible to get a tractor and trailer into their field without them surrounding the wheels - so Boff Jnr had to run off down the field with the sheep chasing after him!

I have no experience training a sheep dog Sue, only what I have read... Collies do seem to have an instinctive desire to round things up from what I have heard. Only collies I have any experience of where highly strung intelligent dogs needing lots of exercise who learn cute tricks very quickly.

Seems the only way to play board games Tracey... with copious amounts of alcohol! Glad you all still have your heads attached; wouldn't want to lose them!

19/08/2013 at 21:23

Evening all

Too right Boffin.  Boff Jnr deserves extra helpings of pie and cake after all that exertion!!

My only experience of sheep dogs is the same as you Boffin. 

At least the sun was out today

20/08/2013 at 09:58

Morning

I think the exertion has tired him out Nutty - we don't see him until midday!!!

I cut the domestic grass yesterday - hate it when it gets long; hate it even more when the pull cord comes away (petrol mower) Last time that happened it ended up with me having to replace the recoil spring as well, so wasn't too pleased to end up with a pull cord in my hand not attached to the mower. Had a cup of tea and a grump then pulled the mower apart (amazing how much you have to dismantle just to get at the recoil housing!), wound back the recoil and re-fitted the pull cord - sorted dim problem!

Still in shock! Expected loads of hassle and didn't get any in the end... nice to be pleasantly surprised occasionally

20/08/2013 at 12:54

Hello Swansea people, hope you are all well.

I used to be on the thread years ago, I'm still running but was allowed away from the computer(!!) when I finished my PhD.  I've been back on here recently though as I have finally entered a marathon (Chester on October 6th) so I'm training harder now.

Consequently I have discovered Cardiff Met Uni's fab sports massage clinic so wanted to share - if you pay £20 for a session with a qualified practicioner you get a free session with a supervised trainee as well.  Also the wet spa in the LC in Swansea is £5.40 for an hour (jacuzzi/sauna/steam room/aromatherapy room/hot beds/monsoon showers), the hot beds are very good when you're aching!

20/08/2013 at 21:32

Evening all

Boffin - well done.  Patience is a virtue.

IQ - welcome back.  Thanks for the tips and good luck marathon training.

21/08/2013 at 06:53

Morning all! Swindon today, Cardiff tomorrow, Friday then off to Aberystwyth for 9 nights for a bit of R&R!

21/08/2013 at 08:56

Morning all

Sounds lovely Kev, enjoy.

Hiya Ice Queen, welcome back and congratulations on entering a marathon. I've heard that Chester is lovely. The LC2 thing sounds lovely, but no way am I training for a marathon before I can justify indulging myself!

We are home and happy. I spent a year in Paris thirty years ago before I went to university, but (cliche alert) I had forgotten how gorgeous it is. The kids were delighted with it, and we were delighted with it AND them. Only one problem - I have eaten and drunk far too much good food and wine, now need to heave myself into the pool and crow bar my feet into my trainers. Groan - this is going to hurt!

21/08/2013 at 10:58

Morning

Good luck with the marathon training Ice Queen and well done submitting your thesis 

I could do with more of that patience stuff Nutty!

Busy busy Kev! I don't remember much about Swindon except that it seemed to me to be a land of roundabouts! Nine nights in Aber sounds good

Good to have you back Tracey, sounds like you had a brilliant time in Paris - can hardly blame you for eating and drinking good food and wine!

21/08/2013 at 19:25

Glad France was good Tracey.

Yes, looking forward to Aber now!

21/08/2013 at 21:05

Evening all

Tracey - good to hear you all enjoyed.  I went to Paris once with my school and that was also  about 30 years ago.  Would like to go back one day.  Don't worry about eating and drinking.  Sampling local cuisine is part of the holiday.

RK - back travelling again?  Hope the job is going well.  Break will be good.

seren nos    pirate
21/08/2013 at 21:11

Hi all.I am back.......on the day before our holiday ended.My youngest went into hospital .turned out that hyis appendix has burst and was rather messy so i spent the last week in Exeter hospital eating crap food and doing no training whatsoever.......and it was suppossed to be my final big week before taper

managed to get out on the bike tonight on a chaingang and enjoyed the speed session......hopefully run tonight...

GCSE results tomorrow for youngest and middle son is going to Liverpool Uni next month so all happening here

21/08/2013 at 22:10
Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Hey Seren but glad your son is ok.

IQ, yes, most of us are still here but I have been a but remiss in following the thread the last few months. Too many things to do and to little time to write coherent replies.

Still, pies all rounds on Saturday

Have had loads of carbs tonight, bust day tomorrow. It’s all go !

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language0400; mso-fareast-language0400; mso-bidi-language0400;}

Have had loads of carbs tonight, bust day tomorrow. It’s all go !

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language0400; mso-fareast-language0400; mso-bidi-language0400;}

Edited: 21/08/2013 at 22:11
21/08/2013 at 22:11

Humph !

22/08/2013 at 06:51

Is that UFO code WA? 

Glad all ok Seren And good luck to all those getting GCSE results today.

22/08/2013 at 07:02

Morning all

At least you are all home safely Seren.  Good luck for GCSE results.

WA - something strange going on with your posting. 

Nearly the weekend and a long one too with the bank holiday

22/08/2013 at 09:36

What is pie time on Saturday?

seren nos    pirate
22/08/2013 at 10:54

great results for youngest son.he got all 12 

22/08/2013 at 11:49

Morning

Congrats Seren, he did well and can now look forward to A levels

Yes, ditto Tracey... what time for pie Nutty? Mmmmmmmmm Pie

Fantastic Kev, I think Alex needs more Pie!

22/08/2013 at 22:10

Evening all

Well done to your son Seren. Fantastic results.

The pie eating starts at 2pm on Saturday

Nice day today, lets hope it stays for the weekend.

23/08/2013 at 09:14

Morning

Should be a nice weekend; sunshine all round!

Looking forward to meeting up again.... Mmmmmmm pie

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.