Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

39,021 to 39,040 of 39,287 messages
04/01/2014 at 10:40

Morning all

Hope no one, especially Kev and the Sweetmans, have been too badly affected by the weather. We are OK here, at least we have been so far...

04/01/2014 at 13:48

Morning all!

All seems ok weather wise apart from waterlogged back garden - thanks Tracey.

A weekend of chores ahead as Mrs RK is full of cold! Hoping to have a plod around Sandy Water Park late afternoon and a going with a friend up Swiss Valley tomorrow morning for a long-ish hike.

Hope you all have a nice weekend. 

04/01/2014 at 20:42

Evening all

Tracey - you are right.  We have been lucky here in Swansea.  Thinking of you further inland and hoping you don't get too affected by the weather.

RK - sounds like you have nice things planned to make up for the chores.  Hope Mrs RK feels better soon.

05/01/2014 at 15:58

Evening all. Nice walk up Swiss Valley today, only rained heavily in the last third. 

Waiting for roast dinner to cook now. 

Thanks NR - she is still under the weather, but it's just a heavy cold. 

05/01/2014 at 21:07

Evening all

Sounds like you had a good day after all RK.  Hope you can get to work tomorrow.

Had chicken cooked dinner with parents today.  Hadn't been to see them since Christmas day as I had car problems so a good time was had by all

06/01/2014 at 06:44

Morning all. Trains are starting in Llanelli today so all good for me (not so good if you live west of Llanelli though)! On my way to Cardiff now. 

Glad you are mobile again NR. 

seren nos    pirate
06/01/2014 at 07:45

morning 

and life returns to normal

boys back tyo school , college and university today....and I'm back into my monday work.

nice dry run this morning at 6 am.warmer than recent days

06/01/2014 at 08:27

Morning all

Remind me again why we do this?

06/01/2014 at 21:02

Evening all

Tracey - work?  Its a pain, there has got to be more to life.  Hope it went okay.

Seren - hope you had a good day.

I started back to work last week but today it was hard getting out of bed.  The thought of a whole week in work is daunting.

Great news RK. Not so good the other side of Llanelli though.

06/01/2014 at 21:42

Yes, it's going to be a long week!

06/01/2014 at 22:33

On the upside, Blue Monday, officially the most depressing day of the year, is over.

07/01/2014 at 20:52

Evening all

Wednesday tomorrow - all downhill from there

Everyone is back in work with me too.  Chaos reigns.  Last week was so nice with a few of us back.  Ah well.....

Much milder out this evening.  Enjoyed my run

seren nos    pirate
08/01/2014 at 07:24

morning

was knackered yesterday so took a rest day.........sp ready for my run today when the boys have gone........already done my 2 miles at 6 am with youngest........I'm glad its just 3 days now not the 5

08/01/2014 at 07:35

Morning all  just me and Radio 4 in work all year round

I had a lovely run last night as well, a bit windy in places but no horizontal rain or hail

08/01/2014 at 11:02

Gasp... glug glug...

Morning!

No rain today - have the clouds run out I wonder!

Lots of rain came down, but we are on a hillside and fortunately the drains coped - so no flooding thanks Tracey Towy valley well underwater over most of the holiday - but then it is a flood plain, so I guess it did it's job and held the water back for a bit. Only sheep on the fields and they are on a good field, so a bit damp but fine - cattle are in the barn on concrete so they are snug

Good to hear the weather hasn't stopped the running

08/01/2014 at 21:13

Evening all

Good to hear you are okay Boffin. 

Jones - Its nice weather to run in now that the wind has gone.  Don't mind the rain.  Can't fault Radio 4.

Seren - its good to take a day off sometimes. 

Mid week already. 

09/01/2014 at 08:17

Boff - glad all ok with you. Swindon today but working from home tomorrow.

It's great working from home as it means I can have a week day plod in the daylight. 

09/01/2014 at 11:09

Morning

Running in daylight is no small task this time of year! One positive to living in town is street lighting and of course pavements... er, that would be two positives... good job I am not in Science any more!

Soon be the weekend Nutty

09/01/2014 at 22:10

Evening all

RK - enjoy your run tomorrow.

Boffin - I know there is no such thing as street lighting with you.  Will soon be spring.

Its been a long week!!  I need a holiday.....!!!!!

10/01/2014 at 08:02

Morning folks, happy Friday, happy happy.

Nights are drawing out already Boff, soon you will have no excuse...

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.