Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

39,021 to 39,040 of 39,545 messages
06/01/2014 at 22:33

On the upside, Blue Monday, officially the most depressing day of the year, is over.

07/01/2014 at 20:52

Evening all

Wednesday tomorrow - all downhill from there

Everyone is back in work with me too.  Chaos reigns.  Last week was so nice with a few of us back.  Ah well.....

Much milder out this evening.  Enjoyed my run

seren nos    pirate
08/01/2014 at 07:24

morning

was knackered yesterday so took a rest day.........sp ready for my run today when the boys have gone........already done my 2 miles at 6 am with youngest........I'm glad its just 3 days now not the 5

08/01/2014 at 07:35

Morning all  just me and Radio 4 in work all year round

I had a lovely run last night as well, a bit windy in places but no horizontal rain or hail

08/01/2014 at 11:02

Gasp... glug glug...

Morning!

No rain today - have the clouds run out I wonder!

Lots of rain came down, but we are on a hillside and fortunately the drains coped - so no flooding thanks Tracey Towy valley well underwater over most of the holiday - but then it is a flood plain, so I guess it did it's job and held the water back for a bit. Only sheep on the fields and they are on a good field, so a bit damp but fine - cattle are in the barn on concrete so they are snug

Good to hear the weather hasn't stopped the running

08/01/2014 at 21:13

Evening all

Good to hear you are okay Boffin. 

Jones - Its nice weather to run in now that the wind has gone.  Don't mind the rain.  Can't fault Radio 4.

Seren - its good to take a day off sometimes. 

Mid week already. 

09/01/2014 at 08:17

Boff - glad all ok with you. Swindon today but working from home tomorrow.

It's great working from home as it means I can have a week day plod in the daylight. 

09/01/2014 at 11:09

Morning

Running in daylight is no small task this time of year! One positive to living in town is street lighting and of course pavements... er, that would be two positives... good job I am not in Science any more!

Soon be the weekend Nutty

09/01/2014 at 22:10

Evening all

RK - enjoy your run tomorrow.

Boffin - I know there is no such thing as street lighting with you.  Will soon be spring.

Its been a long week!!  I need a holiday.....!!!!!

10/01/2014 at 08:02

Morning folks, happy Friday, happy happy.

Nights are drawing out already Boff, soon you will have no excuse...

10/01/2014 at 09:49

Morning all. Nice to have a break in the weather to slot some exercise in! Should be nice now until Sunday PM.

Yes Tracey - I was quite surprised that it was light when I left the office at 4:50pm yesterday.

Quiet weekend planned, bit of DIY, chores, a walk and a run.

10/01/2014 at 10:45

Morning

Yes, the shortest day is past, so the daylight hours are getting longer... how is it then that when I did the school run on Tuesday I had to put headlamps on!

It is true Tracey; I am indeed running out of excuses...

10/01/2014 at 21:16

Evening all

Thank goodness its Friday - I agree Tracey.

Lovely to see blue skies today.  Cold and wet tonight though.  Will make the most of tomorrow, a day off work with more blue skies forecast.

11/01/2014 at 20:49

Evening all

Lovely day today.

11/01/2014 at 22:04

Yes what a beautiful day NR. Had a nice plod this morning and a walk on Ferryside beach as well. 

Phi king up Swiss Valley again tomorrow. 

12/01/2014 at 19:06

Evening all

Did you get a bit wet today RK?  Not too bad this morning but its not nice out there now.

Had lunch with family as it was my nephew's birthday on Friday. 

Back to work tomorrow.  Its been a strange weekend so I won't be sorry to go back. 

13/01/2014 at 11:59

Morning

Boff Jnr thought it was still the weekend this morning and was most miffed to be woken before 8am - don't think he shares your desire to start another week Nutty?

I think it is official - I am running again I had a few treadmill sessions since the end of last year and have actually managed to keep going for 5k with no issues other than lack of fitness. Still a bit wary for my back; more scared than anything - should all be as healed now as it is ever going to be, just stiff.

Park Run in Cross Hands at the weekend is on the cards! Could be too much too soon, but the treadmill in my barn facing the stone wall is driving me nuts! 5k is a nice distance; enough to feel worthy and not too daunting?

13/01/2014 at 20:03

Evening all!

Luckily I missed the rain NR. 

Good luck Boff. 

seren nos    pirate
13/01/2014 at 20:17

great to hear that the running has recommenced Boffin/......

My son is still running 3 mornings a week for 2 miles and a park run.......christmas day his park run was over 40 mins......10 days later and he did it in 35:20 ish which was brilliant..........then this saturday he ran the whole way and got each mile faster and faster and finished in just over 30 mins.i was amazed...........hope he carries on even if it means me getting up to run at 6 am 3 mornings a week

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
13/01/2014 at 20:22

evening

nice one Boff, you are showing great progress The park run should be good, just take it easy I keep meaning to go down there, but often family stuff gets in the way. That, and my chronic laziness issues!

One of my dogs has died - she had a nasty growth and was very poorly. Shaddow, her brother is lost and has gone very quiet. He's not made a sound since I came home without her, and he's usually quite vocal. It's sad to see.

It's not a huge issue, but I had both the dogs insured, and have been paying the insurance for almost 12 years. I discover today that not only do I pay the £115 excess, but also 20% of the whole bill. The Euthanasia and cremation are not included on the insurance. I don't mind paying out for the care that she had, but I do take exception to the rip off that is the insurance. Lesson learnt I suppose. If I had saved the money instead of giving it to the insurance company, I would have had around £6000 plus interest, to spend on her care.  If I believed in reincarnation, I'd be booking myself as a CEO in an insurance company next time around!!!

Thinking about it, with the animals I've had in my lifetime, the insurance premiums I've paid out would have shored up the economy of a small country. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.