Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

39,201 to 39,220 of 39,293 messages
04/03/2014 at 20:57

Evening all

Well done Seren.  No stopping you.

Tracey - crazy busy for you.  I hope the funeral goes okay.

Been to Newtown and Bangor for meetings so glad to be at home now.

05/03/2014 at 05:53

Morning all.

Gym, Cardiff and Swindon for me today. Bristol and London tomorrow - roll on Friday night!

Great running Seren.

How is the foot now NR?

06/03/2014 at 08:48

Morning all. on my travels again. Hotel gas gym though so not so bad!

Have a good day"

06/03/2014 at 11:29

Morning

Nice of the hotel to have a gym Kev, are you still going to the gym on your Cardiff commute?

One of the downfalls for living where we do - no leisure centres or gyms locally - closest are about 20 miles away in either Carmarthen or Ammanford... adds 2 hours onto any planed session.

So, have to make our own!

Lots of shifting and organising later and we have moved the treadmill to a clear(er) part of the old dairy barn and had to place it on it's very own piece of levelled concrete - can use the treadmill at least now  For me the treadmill is ideal as the terrain is controlled, the surface is cushioned and distance, incline and pace are all controllable. Now I just need to be patient and build the fitness and not overdo it!

06/03/2014 at 21:13

Evening all

Well done RK.

Boffin - with all the work on the farm, you don't really need a gym!

Nearly Friday

07/03/2014 at 11:26

Morning

Friday already Nutty

Currently have the really exciting project of moving several tonnes of mud using a shovel and wheelbarrow... must count as crosstraining although I doubt commercial gyms are going to take up the idea!

Gentle 30 min 5k planned - no hills, no change in speed... that is the worst for me on a treadmill - the drudgery! I like using them for fixed effort; forcing myself to go faster for a set period - much easier to whimp out on fartleks in the real world! Have to convince myself that the gentle miles are needed and not go nuts. 30min 5k is a very good manageable run - wasn't that long ago that I couldn't keep going for more than 5 min at a time and certainly not anywhere near 10kph. So I am happy

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
07/03/2014 at 13:37

afternoon - well done Boff, you are doing well. Yes the dreadmill is drudgery, but it has it's uses. I listen to books, or the Archers or other podcast type things, makes the time for plodding along much more interesting.

The downside of course is when you've finished your planned time just as you get to the exciting bit*

* not that the Archers can make a claim to be exciting, ( I still listen though)

08/03/2014 at 09:25

Yes Boff, still doing the gym when in Cardiff. So currently I'm doing 2 or 3 x 40 min treadmill sessions in the week and one long walk on the weekend (10 - 12 miles planned for tomorrow) ready for our works team build Brecon Beacons challenge on 27th March. 

As NR says you don't need a gym with all your physical work, great you've got a treadmill. They are boring but in inclement weather or when away with business they are a god send. 

Taking Oliver for a taster golf lesson now - wonder if he will like it?

lovely weather, hope you all get a chance to enjoy it.

08/03/2014 at 20:25

Evening all

I posted last night but it seems to have got lost!

RK - well done on your training.  Not long till your challenge now.

Gorgeous day.  Just had to be outside today. 

seren nos    pirate
08/03/2014 at 20:33

Boff.....sounds like hard work to me......

I forgot how hilly Rhyader 20 was....a 28 min course pb and a  new shiny 20 miler PB by 4 mins.....had to work so hard i was sick on the way home and had to stop the car.......

hoping i recover for tomorrows cross country and then can relax as over a month before my next race.........been doing way too much racing this last month

5th PB in 6 weeks

Edited: 08/03/2014 at 20:33
08/03/2014 at 22:50

Fab PBs Seren.

thanks NR - I'm looking forward. 

09/03/2014 at 19:50

Evening all

Well done Seren.  You are flying.  Rhayader is a tough one.

Gorgeous day today

09/03/2014 at 21:00

Yes NR - a beautiful day - so much so I caught the sun on my face out walking this morning. Did a 15 mile walk in under 4 hours so pleased with that.

Rugby result was poor and ironically I'm now sitting in a hotel near Rugby In Warwickshire.  I'm here until Tuesday night. Boy will I get some stick for the result. 

Have a good week all. 

10/03/2014 at 12:41

Morning

I was busy with settling the sheep into the barn - only saw the last few minutes of the rugby - still a brilliantly pointless game; need to get the ball from one end of the pitch to the other by throwing it backwards to your teammates - fantastic exercise in futility - love it regardless of the score line

Good going sticking with the treadmill Kev - what programmes do you run?

I'm sure the Archers are exciting really Sue.... Marginally less tedious than the dreadmill? (I think I ought to duck for cover now to escape the wrath of Tracey!)

You have really found some good mojo there Seren 

10/03/2014 at 20:57

Evening all

Another lovely day.

No telly here so no watching the rugby.  I cut the grass and went for a swim yesterday.

I hate the dreadmill.  5 mins seems like an eternity.  5 mins running would be bliss now though.......

Swam again today. 

11/03/2014 at 06:54

Morning all.

Boff - no programme at the moment just building up to the walking challenge. 3 miles done last night but it was to and from a curry house in Daventry so I suppose it doesn't really count! Home tonight 

Hope you get back soon NR. 

seren nos    pirate
11/03/2014 at 07:24

Kev that sounds like a perfect walk to me

Nutty rest well and you will come back stronger again 

with the dry weather I expect you are really busy this time of year Boff

11/03/2014 at 20:12

Evening all

Thanks Seren. 

Another stunning day.  Hope you all enjoyed

RK - you will do well I am sure.  Did you say you are doing the challenge for charity?

12/03/2014 at 07:58

Hi all, another nice day. 

NR - no it's a works team building event. 

Well, I had an eventful journey back from Warwick last night. Had a blow out and there was no spare in the hire car! Got home at 10pm on the back of an AA Van! 

So no early gym start today - walk tonight I think. 

12/03/2014 at 12:59

Afternoon

3 mile walk to the Curry House and back sounds perfect to me Kev How far is your Brecons Challenge?

Are you off running again Nutty? My body is grumbling at this 'new' activity and I keep having to miss scheduled runs too - was planning on the Park Run this weekend, but now I think caution is the better option.

39,201 to 39,220 of 39,293 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.