Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

39,281 to 39,290 of 39,290 messages
10/04/2014 at 21:16

Evening all

Good luck for your race Seren.  Enjoy time with friends too.

Boffin - never a dull moment for you.  are you running at all?  How is Sweetie?  The Boffettes?

No running for me.  Walking a lot though and in this lovely weather, its nice.

11/04/2014 at 11:38

Morning

I am pleased to officially say I am running again Restricted to low miles, but tidy times (24:30 5K on the treadmill) and have ran 71 miles in total this year; considering I broke my back 18 months ago, I am pretty chuffed with that

Sweetie is running short distances to avoid injury and even the Boffettes are beginning to run!

So all looking quite promising thanks Nutty Very disappointing for you though that you are still being plagued by your leg Do you know what the issue is? Have you sought 'professional' opinion?

Being outdoors in the spring is good for the soul... going out feeding the sheep and their lambs can be a major trip hazard though!!

11/04/2014 at 22:57

You have done well to recover from that Boff. 

Stick with it NR, you'll be back winning races before you know it.

off tomorrow in van, weather looks good, daps packed!

12/04/2014 at 08:55

Morning all

Busy busy busy eh?

Woken up with sore throat and RHR is 10 above normal, so weekend off the trainers for me. Will watch Mo instead.

12/04/2014 at 16:36

Afternoon all

Thats excellent news Boffin.  You have been through a lot.  Onwards and upwards for you all

Enjoy the break RK.

Sorry to hear that Tracey.  Saw  you running the other night and you looked really strong.

Had lots of advice Boffin.  I can walk, swim and run occasionally so all is not lost.  Thanks.

13/04/2014 at 12:52

Morning

Hope you are enjoying your break Kev

Can you watch sat in the garden Tracey - far too nice today to be indoors unless you have to be. Don't overdo it, nice glass of wine this afternoon should be about right

Good you have advice Nutty, do you have an achievable plan, or just going with what feels OK?

We had a bash at the Cross Hands Park Run again yesterday - kinda figured I would chase down Boff Jnr and beat him in a sprint finish... his last time was 24:20 and my best on the treadmill was 24:30, so figured it may be doable? He was ahead of me all the way - just in sight, gave him some 'encouraging' verbal abuse when I saw him start to walk about 700m to go - off he shot and that was the last I saw of him until the finish!! He came in at 23:28 with me gasping in at 23:57 - so I beat his previous time but the little so and so posted a quicker one I am quite sure he will be a good sub 20 when he finds his feet. My old standing PB of 22:09 is well in danger! Sweetie was planning on a 29:30 and got herself a 29:29 so she was well chuffed as well

Bit of lawn mowing in the sunshine this morning - then giving the clippings to the calves in the barn - recycling at it's best

13/04/2014 at 19:00

Evening all

A great day for you all Boffin.  Its a lovely setting for the 5k too.

Things seem to be improving here too.  Cycled again this morning, ran this evening then paddled in the sea.  Fingers crossed.  Just going with the flow.

Some good reports from VLM.  Was a hot day for it.

Tracey - hope you feel better this evening.

18/04/2014 at 09:49

Hi all, back from a lovely few days in Somerset. A few nice walks in the Mendips. Lovely weather.

Boff - amazing stuff considering where you were not that long ago with your back - congratulations to you and Boff Jnr.

Glad things are on a positive trend NR.

Hope you're better now Tracey.

Off out geocaching this afternoon with the kids (a modern version of a treasure hunt using GPS technology) and Oliver has a 2 hour golf comp tomorrow so I'll spend 2 hours in the gym at the golf club.

Yesterday at 20:38

Evening all

Great news RK.  Bonus with the weather too.  Have you recovered from your trek?

Sounds like you have a busy Easter weekend ahead.

Enjoy the bank holiday all

Today at 10:10

Hi NR - yes all recovered thanks but resolved not to climb mountains in snow again!

Happy Easter All. We are out for lunch today and then Mrs RK and I are off to Bath tomorrow for an over night stay for my Birthday (which is on Tuesday). 42 years young - relentlesly marching in to middle age!

Hope eveyone has a nice relaxing break.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
39,281 to 39,290 of 39,290 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.