Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

39,381 to 39,400 of 39,421 messages
17/06/2014 at 10:41

Morning

Well I am going to do it again - cut for hay. Probably the wrong call as the weather is going to change, but it might just hold out long enough for one field and we may not get the promised summer... Some hay is better than no hay?

Ho hum!

17/06/2014 at 20:50

Evening all

How did it go Boffin?  Hope the weather stayed fine for you.

Office politics galore in work.  Don't you just love it.....

seren nos    pirate
18/06/2014 at 07:46

NR at least you are smart enough to keep out of it all......

Boffin.....must be hard making decsions on when to do things......with so manyt variables....

for me life is easier.its wednesday so I'm off on the bike and just pleased that its dry....

19/06/2014 at 07:30

Morning all

Hope you enjoyed bike ride Seren.

Another lovely day ahead

21/06/2014 at 15:26
Hi all - long time no posts sorry. All good here - enjoying the weather. Going to a a Hawaian Party tonight which should be fun.

Gym with Amelia lunchtime tomorrow and a long walk in the evening planned.
22/06/2014 at 20:55

Evening all

Lovely day again.  Long may it last.

Hope lunch was nice RK.

I went to Lliw Resevoir before going to my parents today.  What a lovely place, right on our doorstep.  We are so lucky

23/06/2014 at 12:50

Afternoon

Very stressful time this hay cutting - especially with machinery that is 30 odd years old! Never know when it is going to break down!

The weather has held better than predicted - hay now in the barn thanks Nutty harvesting anything is a fine art Seren, years of experience help - pity I don't have that!!

You have had some great days to be out running and cycling, weather is going to turn wetter now over the next two weeks - after that it is anybody's guess!!!

Don't think I have been to Lliw Reservoir Nutty, where is it?

23/06/2014 at 21:05

Evening all

Boff - sounds like back breaking work.  Take it easy.  You need loads of pie!

Lliw reservoir is just off the M4, follow signs for Felindre.  Penllegaer turn off.

Rest day today.  Hope to do something tomorrow.

24/06/2014 at 09:52

Morning

Nope, in that case Nutty I have not been to Lliw reservoir! Loads of Pie, now there is a thought...

Mmmmmmm Pie

Last sunny day for a couple of weeks now - enjoy

24/06/2014 at 19:54

Evening

Well, today was lovely here.  Lets hope the bad weather doesn't last long.

25/06/2014 at 13:42

Morning - And what a lovely morning it has turned out to be, nice to be proved wrong occasionally!

Last bit of early baling nearly done, then fingers crossed we will have another spell of good weather in July / August so I can cut the main hay field.

26/06/2014 at 21:10

Evening all

Hope you got all the baling done Boffin.  The rain arrived, as you said it would!

seren nos    pirate
26/06/2014 at 21:13

rain has arrived to be sure.probably because we are going to dorset to camp tomorrow.........I'm doing the Giantshead marathon tomorrow with hubby whilst 2 youngest do teh 10k........

shame about the weather as its a lovely hilly offroad run.....

27/06/2014 at 13:00

Morning

Running in the rain is not all bad Seren, at least you keep cool - it is hanging around for the start in the rain which gets me! Hope you all have a good time

The last field was more to clear it of reeds rather than for winter feed - got all the bales shifted off the field though thanks Nutty Finished about half nine last night in the rain - now have a stack of around 200 bales next to the veg plot all intended to rot down over the next few years - will make some good fibre for the soil eventually

27/06/2014 at 20:41

Evening all

Have a good holiday Seren. 

Well done Boffin.  Time to put your feet up?

Friday - thank goodness!

29/06/2014 at 13:05

Glad weather is suiting the hay making Boff.

Enjoy your hols Seren.

How is the leg these days NR?

All good with me apart from a head cold today. Hence I'm sat on the settee all day today with my feet up hoping to shake it. Using the time to plan our holidays in the Norfolk Broads in August.

seren nos    pirate
29/06/2014 at 13:10

had a great couple of days in Dorset....the bad weather avoided us and we ran in glorious sunshine.........a really well organised race but the terrain was very tough under foot......rocky and rutted for most of the way........

but I would definitely recommend it for a tough scenic offroad marathon......boys enjoyed the 10k as well

29/06/2014 at 20:00

Evening all

Rest up RK.  Enjoy planning holiday.

Seren - well done.  Is that the marathon that is along the Jurassic coast?  I used to run some of it as part of my training as I lived in Weymouth for quite a while. 

Leg isn't the best but did a small run this morning and swam this evening.  Lovely out there now

01/07/2014 at 08:47
Morning all. Weather still kind to us! Bristol today.
seren nos    pirate
01/07/2014 at 09:02

Nutty it wasn't on the coast.it was at sydling north of dorchester........we ran around the giantshead

small run and swim for me this morning.gorgeous day

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.