Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

39,381 to 39,400 of 39,577 messages
25/06/2014 at 13:42

Morning - And what a lovely morning it has turned out to be, nice to be proved wrong occasionally!

Last bit of early baling nearly done, then fingers crossed we will have another spell of good weather in July / August so I can cut the main hay field.

26/06/2014 at 21:10

Evening all

Hope you got all the baling done Boffin.  The rain arrived, as you said it would!

seren nos yn canu    pirate
26/06/2014 at 21:13

rain has arrived to be sure.probably because we are going to dorset to camp tomorrow.........I'm doing the Giantshead marathon tomorrow with hubby whilst 2 youngest do teh 10k........

shame about the weather as its a lovely hilly offroad run.....

27/06/2014 at 13:00

Morning

Running in the rain is not all bad Seren, at least you keep cool - it is hanging around for the start in the rain which gets me! Hope you all have a good time

The last field was more to clear it of reeds rather than for winter feed - got all the bales shifted off the field though thanks Nutty Finished about half nine last night in the rain - now have a stack of around 200 bales next to the veg plot all intended to rot down over the next few years - will make some good fibre for the soil eventually

27/06/2014 at 20:41

Evening all

Have a good holiday Seren. 

Well done Boffin.  Time to put your feet up?

Friday - thank goodness!

29/06/2014 at 13:05

Glad weather is suiting the hay making Boff.

Enjoy your hols Seren.

How is the leg these days NR?

All good with me apart from a head cold today. Hence I'm sat on the settee all day today with my feet up hoping to shake it. Using the time to plan our holidays in the Norfolk Broads in August.

29/06/2014 at 13:10

had a great couple of days in Dorset....the bad weather avoided us and we ran in glorious sunshine.........a really well organised race but the terrain was very tough under foot......rocky and rutted for most of the way........

but I would definitely recommend it for a tough scenic offroad marathon......boys enjoyed the 10k as well

29/06/2014 at 20:00

Evening all

Rest up RK.  Enjoy planning holiday.

Seren - well done.  Is that the marathon that is along the Jurassic coast?  I used to run some of it as part of my training as I lived in Weymouth for quite a while. 

Leg isn't the best but did a small run this morning and swam this evening.  Lovely out there now

01/07/2014 at 08:47
Morning all. Weather still kind to us! Bristol today.
01/07/2014 at 09:02

Nutty it wasn't on the coast.it was at sydling north of dorchester........we ran around the giantshead

small run and swim for me this morning.gorgeous day

01/07/2014 at 13:57

Afternoon

Sounds quite a tough run Seren - well done

head cold all better now Kev? colds can be miserable as you are not 'poorly' enough to get the sympathy you probably could do with!

Good you can still run on your leg Nutty

Various Uni open days around now with Boff Jnr - scary how the time flies!

01/07/2014 at 20:14

Evening all

SEren - the clue was in the name!!  Lovely part of  Dorset.  Hope you enjoyed your recovery swim.

Good luck to Boff Jnr.  Where is he hoping to go?  To study what?

Swam this evening

03/07/2014 at 07:06
Morning. Yes cold all fine now thanks guys.

Had a lovely 7 mile walk last night upto sunset. Enjoyed that.

Cardiff today, working from home tomorrow and then to Laugharne for the weekend (caravan).

Exciting times for Boff Junior!
03/07/2014 at 20:28

Evening all

RK - glad you are better.  Enjoy the weekend.  Laugharne is lovely.

Went to Bath today to meet an old friend.  Lovely, sunny day there.

04/07/2014 at 12:38

Afternoon

Weekend looks fairer than today Kev - hopes it is nice for you

Boff Jnr has his heart set on Computer Science Nutty - probably Birmingham is in the lead at the moment.

It is fair to say he is very excited by the prospect; good for him to have a focus to keep him going through his studies.

05/07/2014 at 20:03

Evening all

Boffin - good luck to Boff Jnr.  Lovely day today.

Hope you have a good weekend RK.

05/07/2014 at 21:06

Boff its hard work looking at all these unis isn't it....

today turned out lovely after a horrible start weather wise

06/07/2014 at 08:38

Morning

Certainly time consuming Seren, however it is an important choice, so the more knowledge he has the better informed his choice will be.

Split the ram lambs from their mums yesterday - we have a farm of bleating now! We are actually planning on a rare family holiday (first one in five years) to the sun in Spain for a week on Monday; a very brave friend is going to farm sit for us!!!

08/07/2014 at 20:23

Evening all

Enjoy your holiday Boffin.  You all deserve a break.

Good luck to your sons too Seren.

It felt autumnal outside today

16/07/2014 at 20:46

Evening all

HOw was the holiday Boffin?  Hope your friend enjoyed farm sitting.

Weather is a bit grim.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.