Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

39,421 to 39,432 of 39,432 messages
21/07/2014 at 20:09

Evening all

Good luck with the training Boffin.  Sounds great.

Lovely day again

23/07/2014 at 06:40
What mountain marathon are you doing Boff? Will you run it or walk it?

Lovely day again. Hope this weather continues as we are off to Norfolk next weekend for a 2 week break.

But the joys of Swindon beckon today. Have a good one all.

Kev
Edited: 23/07/2014 at 06:41
seren nos    pirate
23/07/2014 at 07:22

It is  a lovely spell of weather isn't it.......I'm in full taper mode this week so have done nothing bur a swim in the river

usually this fine weather breaks when the schools start their summer holiday

23/07/2014 at 20:35

Evening all

Enjoy your time away RK.  Hope the travel to Swindon went okay.

What is your next challenge Seren?  Lovely weather as you say.

24/07/2014 at 08:26

Morning

We are doing the OMM Kev in October; it used to be the KIMM but I think the Karrimor outdoor equipment brand was sold off some years ago so they had to change their name - I still refer to it as KIMM; old habits! Somewhere in the Cheviots this year is all we are told at this stage. Only the fittest crazy types (like Nutty ) would run it all, we go out and have a good time - walk the bits going up and maybe run the odd bit on the level or going down

As it is Boff Jnr's first go, we are doing the short score event - this is great as you get given a selection of checkpoints that you can visit in whatever order you want (assuming you can find them!) saves a lot of hassle over difficult to find checkpoints that otherwise would disqualify you if you didn't find them.

I think are allowed five hours on day one and four hours on day two; we gain points for check[points visited - more points for the furthest checkpoints, and loose points for ever minute that we are over time. Last time Sweetie and I did a score event we finished with a nice healthy negative score!!

Good weather for outdoor swimming Seren - long may it continue as I cut our main hay field yesterday!

25/07/2014 at 07:45
That sounds really enjoyable Boff, lovely to do with family.

Unusually for a Friday I'm not working from home today as Mrs RK is looking after a friends 4 children while they go to a wedding so with 7 kids in the house I would get no peace. So off to Cardiff I go.

Have a good weekend all in this beautiful weather.
seren nos    pirate
25/07/2014 at 07:53

sounds a great event Boffin........

Kev.wise move to go to work today.......

I off to nottingham to do the outlaw ironman distance race on sunday.,.. this heat will kill me again

25/07/2014 at 18:10

Morning

Be much cooler on Sunday Seren

Indeed, a wise move there Kev - 7 kids in one house would be one house to avoid!! Bit sad when it is harder to work from home than it would be to work in the office... I reckon Mrs RK would need a stiff drink after her shift!

Rain needs to hold off for one more day - baling tomorrow. Pity this hot weather is not going to hang around for one more day - the Jet Stream has given up it's valiant fight and is set to plunge south for the next couple of weeks - will give us unsettled weather to come.

25/07/2014 at 20:50

Evening all

Good luck Seren.  Fingers crossed for you.

RK - did Mrs RK survive? 

Boffin - lets hope you can finish baling before the weather changes.  A bit of rain will be good for everywhere.

Walked through Clyne this evening and the views were stunning

27/07/2014 at 07:39

Morning

Sigh of relief; hay baled and carted before the rain - all safe in the barn now. Always a stress not knowing if my 30yr old kit is going to function as it should or have an 'episode'! Sad thing is, you can service all you like, but a breakdown will, by it's very nature, happen at the moment you need the kit!

Weather is turning cooler now and there is some rain on the way - plants and ducks will be happy to hear that

I expect Mrs RK is still in therapy Nutty!

Nice evening for walking Nutty, are you still doing the running, swimming and cycling?

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
27/07/2014 at 17:56

Well done Boff - as you say. a big relief

The weather has been too hot for my liking, although I do like it dry. We were in Paris last week, I love the city, but 33 deg at the height of the tourist season is not my idea of fun. Fortunately, as we'd been to Paris a couple of times before, we didn't want to do the most popular of the attractions, I did get to see some places that I'd previously failed to do. The Opera House, Musee D'Orsay and others were not too busy, no queues at any of them, unlike Notre Dame, Eiffel Tower etc.

The number of street dwellers seems to be increasing out there - we saw a family occupying a telephone box - not kidding, they had all their belongings piled up inside and a mattress that father, mother and son were all laying on spilling out the door!

Lots of beggars and pickpockets also. There is a scam where a young middle eastern type girl asks you to sign a petition, while you are doing so, her mate is rifling in your bag. One of our party almost lost her mobile phone, luckily she was rescued by one of those guys who sell plastic Eiffel towers for however much money he thinks you can afford!

It took us over 17 hours to get home, France was fine, but once in the UK we came across accident after accident all along M25 and M4 

28/07/2014 at 09:46

Morning

Last week was probably the hottest week to have been travelling Sue, at least you didn't feel the need to stand in lots of queues to see and do what you wanted to The 'street dwellers' are a sad consequence of this modern world; it is a great shame that we cannot direct their energies towards more meaningful employ to the benefit of all concerned.

I for one, often feel grateful for the fate that saw me born to the UK and not to so many other disturbed parts of our world. Life throws me spanners and is far from easy; I struggle to make a living (currently failing!) with out-dated equipment etc, and yet all these material things I whinge about, those living in the telephone box do not even have a roof over their heads, let alone a freezer and cupboards full of food.

Motorways are a problem if there are delays; once you are on the things, you cannot just turn off! - At least you made it back home safely; put your feet up now and recover from your holiday!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
39,421 to 39,432 of 39,432 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.