Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

39,781 to 39,800 of 39,815 messages
02/04/2016 at 22:24

It was lovely WP- Snowdonia was breathtaking.

The ultra was 40 miles.

Not away with work this week so looking forward to a good training week.

seren nos    pirate
04/04/2016 at 06:03

Morning. ..

KeV..hope the training goes well now you are home...I'm struggling to run at the moment with back problems..but I can still bike...yesterday was a lovely ride out around Bristol area..

09/04/2016 at 23:00
Evening ...

This is so much more civilised than arse book. Just keep forgetting to log in !!
seren nos    pirate
10/04/2016 at 07:19

I was in Swansea yesterday dropping off the boy.....back again today to deliver what he forgot to pack...

So will take the opportunity to swim in caswell bay...and probably take the bike down to have a spin somewhere different...

12/04/2016 at 09:18

Hope the back is easing Seren.

Nice to see you back on here WA. 

I'm off to London for a few days but I managed to squeeze an early morning 5k in before I left. 

12/04/2016 at 16:42

Enjoy London Kev a beautiful morning for a run shame about all the slippery seaweed on prom.

14/04/2016 at 07:23

Back from London.

Managed another run before work today. Whilst it's tough getting up at 5am to run in the dark and the rain - at that time of day nobody wants me and I'm a free man! Hopefully I can continue this as with a busy job and 3 children - finding time in the evenings is sometimes difficult. 

19/04/2016 at 10:05

Mornings are always the best time it is before the day begins to interfere.....I always used to run at 5am  no one about peace and quiet perfect

19/04/2016 at 13:57

Afternoon 

Good to have you back Alex

Sweetie saw you at the Llanelli half Poppy - looking good She did call out to you but I guess you were in the zone. We would have hung around to watch you finish, but it was an early start for us and I hadn't been over to see the lambs so needed to get back and check them. They were all good - lazing around in the sun

5am runs - nice and quiet Kev, but gets a bit lacking in the sleep department? Finding that illusive thing that is time can be a hard task!

19/04/2016 at 14:49

Boffin,

That would explain the mystery of the lady with a plait running back as I was coming towards the turn point I heard a shout Welshpoppy so head went up said yes  and waved and said your looking good but had no idea who it was

How did Sweetie do? I was just running easy as have had a hip injury so only back running 2 weeks.Did you run?

Would have been good to say hello but understand with a farm glad the Lambs were okay lazy monekys

seren nos    pirate
19/04/2016 at 21:54

Missed you boffin...

I am still not training...not used to it...nothing really wrong but too knackered and body isn't working..

20/04/2016 at 13:52

Poppy, Seren; I wasn't running, not run for a long time, just supporting - was stood by the loop point near the start/finish.

Bodies will do that Seren! Give yourself time and you will soon be doing something barmy we are sure

Sweetie was pleased with her run, which is always nice, an improvement on the earlier half which by all accounts went bely up at 10mile. Like all of us from time to time she is also struggling with injuries.

Despite saying I have not been running for some time - seems I have gone and entered the 10k later, so I guess I ought to do some running then

20/04/2016 at 18:39

That all sounds good progress for Sweetie and you

Which 10k have you entered? I am compiled a list of races I want to run

21/04/2016 at 10:02

Sospan 10k Poppy - actually succumbed to a flier under on my windscreen from parking at the half.

it's OK, I can manage 5k, so I can do that twice right?

10 weeks for 10k; no problem....

...at my age and lack of consistent training, injuries are inevitable!

I have not had the motivation to bother with races for many years, meeting up with a friend I hadn't spoken to for over 20 years since University at that half marathon, who also runs, and spending 2 hours nattering to each other about running gave me a bit of the bug back.

So what is on your race agenda then Poppy?

21/04/2016 at 13:58

Boffin,

That sounds good news on your mojo returning again

For me in no particular order;

Swansea half marathon

Carmarthen mayor;s 5k

Sospan 10k

Mic Morris 10k

Swansea 10k

Lake Vyrnwy half

Western Super Mare half(deferred from last year)

21/04/2016 at 18:19

HI all. I'm hoping to do the Sospan 10k too - as long as I can keep getting up to run at 5am! Did so this morning and caught a lovely sunrise. 

Well done Sweetie and WP on half marathon.  

22/04/2016 at 10:02

Running Kev_ I hope you can run at 5am  most mornings.

Thanks it was a nice half to do very friendly

22/04/2016 at 10:20

Morning

Nice few races to keep you busy there Poppy

Well done on your early morning running Kev; nice way to get more out of your day.

25/04/2016 at 22:17

Hi all. Been a busy weekend celebrating my 44th and my Mother's birthday. Still managed a run, a walk and a brief cycle (to the off licence!). 

Happy birthday today also to a certain pirate friend 

Back to the 5am grind tomorrow. 

26/04/2016 at 10:19

Morning

Happy Birthday to you and your mother Kev No danger of your mum forgetting your birthday then!

It's all training Kev, no matter where you go - just multitasking if you manage to link something else in with it

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.