21 to 40 of 39,565 messages
17/06/2005 at 10:55
Done as well!
19/06/2005 at 01:12
got it cheers Greeny and Alex :o)
19/06/2005 at 07:26
Thank you gallant Sir:-)
19/06/2005 at 10:22
Can't be doing with this silly hot weather,give me cold and wet any day of the week!
Did an hour and 15 minutes this morning and I was melting.I was out on the road by 7.30 too!
Did a 10 miler on Thursday night and it wasn't too bad,humid but at least the sun wasn't out.
I biked yesterday and it was warm but there was a lovely breeze.
Doing 800m efforts tomorrow but am going out at 6am before work because it's just too hot otherwise!
How's everyone's training going?
19/06/2005 at 15:00
JA
I am with you 100% give me winter spring training any day of the week I learn last year trying to train for marathon it was so hard luckily I become ill and injured so could bin my 20 mile runs!!!

Luckily as you guys know I run in the morning so 10 miles Thursday lovely, 8.5 Friday with 4 hard at 5K pace, yesterday 10 miles steady and a small matter of a RFL 5K this morning it was HOT and my poor petals wilted in the heat but got a good time:-) which was suprising.
10 miles tomorrow Morning at 5.30 lovely cant wait I did want to go out and 6 miles but it is too warm so binned that idea!!
19/06/2005 at 16:17

Well I run in the nights or evenings, usually post 8pm, later if I am allowed. Hate the heat. Ideally like it between 1 & 6 deg c.

Have to attend a BBQ (by order) later so I will be out sweating B4 9pm (the designated time).

If I were a morning person, but I never have been. Normally one to see the Dawn from the day before.
20/06/2005 at 15:03
Well,suprisingly,didn't make it to my session at 6am!
I'm really not a morning person.So,i'm doing to do it tonight instead when it starts cooling down.
So warm again today - roll on winter!
20/06/2005 at 15:08

Quite agree.
20/06/2005 at 22:03

Roll on winter indeed. I reckon I am slower just 'cause it is summer.

Just returned from 4 miles. 29:23. Felt crap. Then 8 x 60m sprints with 120m jogs. Giving Gym after a miss tonight I think.

Weather was quite nice for it actually although would have preferred colder.

Had a cooked breakfast at the car auction this morning and now feel like i have brick in my stomach.

Bl**dy lex vehicle leasing had a 1k reserve on an R-reg Pilot. Idiots. Wasted my morning.
21/06/2005 at 08:57
Love running in the summer myself, gives me a lift.

Havent trained for the last 3 days as I felt very run down and my legs were killing me, but feel much better today.

Going to start doing some short but fast runs now ready for the next 5K :o)
21/06/2005 at 09:04

For me it is more like 'give me a lift'.
22/06/2005 at 14:04
Hi guys,did my 800m efforts Monday night.Went out at 9pm and the conditions were lovely,nice and cool and a slight breeze.Did 6x800 and was bang on 3 minutes for each one and not having as long a rest as normal.I was waiting until my heart rate was getting below 110 and then going.It was taking about 2 minutes to get under 110.
You coming to club tonight Jinx? Sorry you haven't been feeling too good but glad you're feeling better now.
Llanelli 5K next Tuesday.Erggh,I hate 5Ks!
Was in Wimbledon yesterday and it's worked out well because i'm only training every other day this week because of the 10K Sunday.
22/06/2005 at 18:45
Evening All,

Tidy sounding session last night JA. I too was out although about 8 and it was really pleasant. 5m easy, and could not have run faster if I had tried & I was sweating like an FA official whose mistress had just visited Max Clifford.

Anyway, some sort of effort tonight, hopefully later when it gets cooler.

JA - How high does your pulse go when you are running the 800's ?

So it's 10k Sun and 5k Tues & have got to fit a trip to Norwich in with all this somewhere.

Hows it going with you WP & how are the legs ? What's the temp like in the mornings at the moment ?
22/06/2005 at 19:25
Evening

WA

I am on holiday this week so not posting much;-) Not that I would dream of posting during my working hours;-)

It is beautiful in the morning so cool and fresh not sure of temp but great for running:-)

This week monday 6 miles easy, Tuesday 10 miles with 4 miles hard, Today was my 1st rest day in a week so what does a girl go and do she has some retail therapy in Cardiff very nice it was too;-) tomorrow 10 miles with 5 hard then Long run Friday and that will be it for the 10k on Sunday.

I have been trying to aclimatise my body to this heat by sitting in the garden in the afternoons(I hate heat) I think the longest I have managed is 2 hours max.

I had this week of to do jobs around the house thaT I never got time for....who wants to make a guess if I have actually done any?

Legs are easying off I had a great physio session last week and it really seems to help but still sore after a hard session so they shall be hurting tomorrow!! injection tomorrow so I shall be zooming about the place.

What was strange about sundays race I wore racing flats and no pain in shins!!

Glad too see you guys are working hard with the reps place...Hopefully
22/06/2005 at 22:09
Hey guys,next week for me Alex is Sun 10K,Tues 5K and Wed monthly race in club!

Good sesh tonight in club,worked hard and did a pyramid 5K in 21 flat including lots of turns so think I was under 21 mins really :-)

With the 800m efforts my heart rate is getting to about 180ish,sometimes a little bit higher.Tonight I was around 190ish but was really eye balls out stuff.

Well done WP on the training,good news about your shins too.Keep it up!
Know what you mean about the weather,it was boiling tonight.Sooo humid.Sitting in the garden could be a good plan to aclimatise.Get a good tan too!

Rest day for me tomorrow then 4X200m efforts on Friday to sharpen me up for the race on Sunday. Hope the temp will have cooled down a bit by then,don't fancy having a good bash at a tidy 10K time in the scorchio sunshine.

Keep it up folks,good efforts all round!
23/06/2005 at 09:23
5K Tuesday....I think I will do that, Jen how do I go about getting myself a vest.

Alex can I pick you up on the way as you know where the race is.

Hey pops if your shins were better in your racers it could be that your heel is too high on your training shoe, it can cause the heel to hit the floor before it should causing your foot to slap down and send a shock up your shin....I read about this somewhere, I will try and find it and post on here today.
23/06/2005 at 10:28

Yes, thanks Jinx - A lift would be great. I'll mail you with my address in Gowerton (Parents still on G.A.) Let me know a time.
23/06/2005 at 11:47
Jen what time is the race on Tuesday
23/06/2005 at 13:43
Hey guys,I believe it's 7pm Jinx.I'll find out for you by tomorrow though.To get a vest by Tuesday won't be possible as Julie from club brings them along to club nights for people to purchase but i'm sure that someone will lend you one for the race.I'll ask around for you and i'll ask people on Sunday at the 10K.

23/06/2005 at 15:30
Cheers Jen

Went running lunch time, nothing like a nice run in the midday sun LOL
21 to 40 of 39,565 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.