Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

381 to 400 of 39,565 messages
26/07/2005 at 21:25
Hey,I promised myself sub-20 before the end of the year so i'll get there.

Yeah,i'll still speak to you,of course, so long as you can catch me to speak to me!

;-)

Having a totally lazy weekend and shopping all day in the sales today in Cardiff has paid off!
26/07/2005 at 21:34

Hi, Well done Jen. A superb result and well deserved.

Thanks for asking, I'm feeling fine but I am somewhat naffed off that I did not try to tough it out a bit more. All in all I was feeling short of oxygen and yes cooler weather would probably have sorted that but on balance I just lost my bottle.

Never mind. On the bright side it was an excellent first 2.25k ! Moreover I was by no means short of power and nowhere near my lactate threshold.

I am reminded of the curates egg.

And jen, if you are going to do Business and Finance you should have taken the fiver !

As an aside, have you seen Donald Trump's The Apprentice ? (The british one with Sugar was good but the American one ... much sharper.)
26/07/2005 at 21:38

So, in summary, I got creamed !

Back to the drawing board.
26/07/2005 at 22:06
Hey come on,if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have done such a quick first half and got such a tidy time.

I could never have taken the fiver,i'm too soft for my own good!

I have never felt that much pain during a race,but i'm on a big high now!
26/07/2005 at 22:14

I am really pleased you did as well as you did and I do imagine it helped to race me in the first bit. There was actually a point (about 1k I guess) I thought I might be going to lose you, which worried me as I reasoned I must be doing something wrong. I was not too far from the mark on that point as it turned out.

Anyway, I am smiling about it and really happy for you.

I have double standards as it goes, whatever I said (in order to try to get you to take it) I would have not taken the fiver myself but would have been happy to hand it over.
26/07/2005 at 22:16

One point about the course. I reckon it would be better with either

1. No sharp turn

or

2. The sharp turn at the top of an up not the bottom of a down.
26/07/2005 at 22:32
I agree with you there,but I suppose it adds to the challenge.

I know that I won't get anywhere near that time in Swansea Bay in a fortnight,I detest the course and feel like quitting at half way.

But,it's been a fun 3 races.I'll look forward to them next year.
26/07/2005 at 22:37

Yup, I detest Swansea bay too and really enjoyed the Llanelli one.

Will be there next year no doubt.
27/07/2005 at 07:39
Jen-Well if I have to catch you to speak to you I could get a mega phone;-)

Or train even harder;-0

Alex maybe the race On sunday took too much out of you??? and you needed more time until next race??? but you ran well within yourself there????

I had only done the harriers 5k and could not understand why I was so slow as it is flat, but I did a 5k in llanelli hilly and actually got a great time and the more races I have done made me realsie I actually hate the course I even hate it when coach wants me to do a 12 mile run on the seafront and cycle track i lose interst although I still try hard yet when i do the hilly 12 mile I love it I find the challenge of the hills exciting.

I had to do 12 miles yesterday 1 mile easy 3 miles hard etc and did it over hilly route legs were achy and tired but I really suprised myself and so enjoyed it!!

Hope you are feeling okay today Alex? not coming down with a bug?
27/07/2005 at 07:41
Rest day for me I am exhausted but laways feels so tired on a rest day!!
27/07/2005 at 08:59

Morning people.

Thanks for the comments poppy. Broadly speaking I could have done better but that was the fastest 2k I have done in recent years. I might have been a bit better without Sunday, but not radically.

When Jen told me her 18 miles was rained off and I thought to myself 'oh no, I'm for it now.'.

Feeling fine but have a blocked nose.

Just need to get to the point where I can stay with Jen until 300m to go !
27/07/2005 at 09:03
Hey Alex,you haven't seen my sprint finish - it's quite impressive!

Nice rest day for you then WP.I've got a 5K tonight for our monthly club race.It's on the field by the National Pool where the Harriers train.

Back to the schedule tomorrow.It's gone a bit pear shaped this week with the missed 18 miler and the race last night and tonight.

27/07/2005 at 09:14
Im back, what a great place Barcelona is, ate loads....dranks loads and now feel RAF

Back to the drawing board LOL
27/07/2005 at 09:15
Welcome back Jinx,glad you had a good time.
Back to the glorious summer weather eh?
27/07/2005 at 09:15

Quite right, but I do intend to be there to see it some time. I've not lost off 300m ever, although there is always a first time.

I tell you Jen, you could make a fortune if you could bottle your attitude. "More positive thinking from Jen".

I think the other way about myself and it is really not helpful.

Might go on the treadie today.
27/07/2005 at 09:16

Hiya Jinx
27/07/2005 at 09:23
The thing with me,this sounds really stupid,but I think i'm a lot better than I actually am and by thinking this way I try that much harder in races and training so get to the next level and do a lot better than I actually should.

And the big thing that works to my advantage is that I looooove pain and don't feel that i've worked hard enough unless I feel sick/faint/ill etc after a session/race.

You really ought to come to club Alex,you'd love the sessions we do.
28/07/2005 at 09:07
Good morning everyone,how's it all going?

Another rubbish day weather wise but a million times better than the heat.

Quick 10 miler for me tonight.Quite tired today so can't say i'm looking forward to it but i'll be glad when it's done.

SNTSB5K
28/07/2005 at 10:37

Morning too all,

Slept in to 10:30. Nice.

Gym if I can get the time sorted today. See how it goes. Ate a large-ish meal last night, for me anyway. Steak, pancake roll, and a few chips. Not normally a chip person but had an urge.

28/07/2005 at 10:45

Oh, and going to lay off the hills this week as I reckon I have a very uncomfortable Sunday coming up.

Love the weather.
381 to 400 of 39,565 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.