Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

41 to 60 of 39,565 messages
23/06/2005 at 15:34
You're crazy! I went for a little sit for half hour lunch time in Castle Gardens and nearly melted so can't imagine what it must have been like running!

I've got a rest day today because of the race thankfully,but may go out for a spin on the bike.

Hope this weather cools down a bit though,not a big fan of training in the heat.
23/06/2005 at 16:53
It was a tad on the warm side lol
23/06/2005 at 16:59
Well,apparently (according to Sky news),thunderstorms and isolated tornadoes are on their way for the next few days!
They're coming in overnight tonight and will be here until Sunday when it's going to brighten up. Then more rubbish weather next week.
23/06/2005 at 17:05

Suerly it is rubbish weather now ? Weren't you saying 'roll on winter' a few posts ago JA ?
23/06/2005 at 17:21
When I say "rubbish" I mean rubbish as what summer weather would be perceived as being if it were raining/tornadoing etc.
And I do love the sun,just not training it in.
It's alright for sunbathing in!
But I stand by my original statement-roll on winter!
Woo hoo!
23/06/2005 at 17:25

Just thought I'd get out my large wooden (stirring) spoon !
23/06/2005 at 20:33
Bring on the thunderstorms lets hope it cools the weather down a treat I am melting!!!

JA
Castle gardens there is a name for girls who frequenting the gardens;-)

I am a sitting under the umbrella in the shade short of girl...the things I have done this week in prep for the race at the weekend:-(

i was out at my usual time and it was hot then!!
23/06/2005 at 21:11
What name do these girls have then Poppy?!

[Greeny decides to take a wander to castle gardens one lunch time]

Stop press - went for a 40 min run today at midday! (I'm still recovering!)
23/06/2005 at 22:42

Could it be Skateboarding Chicks or Women who Love Concrete or admierers of expensive statues ?
24/06/2005 at 09:32
Hee hee,I was merely enjoying watching the Skatey boys doing their thing!;-)

Plus,I topped up my burn,I mean tan from the weekend.

200m efforts for me tonight.It's definately cooled down a bit.Just got to watch out for lightening bolts now!
24/06/2005 at 13:17
Greeny
I could not say on the forum maybe next time I see you:-)

Brave man running it that heat!!!

WA
Nope none of those things:-)

JA

I hope you had sun factor on...gives motherly concern Skin cancer kills best to be pale than dead......lost family member to this dreadful condition.

I never sunbathe my tan is from FLM and running

I was running at 5.30 when it was thundering, lightening bolts and torrential rain(and me in the woods) too say I was a wee bit wet is an understatement and the big puddles of water no wonder my trainers and socks were ....wet

10 miles done just 4 miles easy tomorrow and that is me done;-)
24/06/2005 at 13:54
Good effort WP,I was awake watching the storm,it was pretty spectacular.Don't think I would've liked to have been running in it though,especially through the woods.
Out of interest,what route do you do as i'm looking for some new routes when I embark on my next lot of mara training,which starts a week Monday.
And yes,I did have sun factor on :-)
Is lovely and cool out,can't wait to train tonight!
28/06/2005 at 08:58
Hope the knee is better Jen
28/06/2005 at 11:24

Jinx - What time are you picking me up / are you still on for tonight's 5k. Let me know. I've mailed you my mobile.
28/06/2005 at 11:48
Sorry m8 not going tonight, I have only trained once in the last week :o(
28/06/2005 at 11:56

Ok
28/06/2005 at 14:03
Finding it hard to train at the moment, just dont seem to be improving at all.

Before I could train for a few weeks and be fit enough to race but now I just appear to have lost it, im sure its an age thing.

Went out lunch time today and the first 10 - 15 mins was pretty good but then I slowed down sometime cronic.

I have to either change my training or pack it in.

:o(
28/06/2005 at 15:23
Jinx

Pull yourself together...tis not your age I think I am the oldest one on this thread!!!

Are you enjoying running?

maybe too much too soon?

Or maybe you need to focus on a race say 10 weeks away for a goal to aim for?

Different things work for different people

Maybe you are going to fast and need a bit of a warm up for 10 minutes before going at it ...maybe you need to base train gentle easy runs then get the speed work further down the line?

Just a few ramblings now drop and give me 20 ....no not miles maybe minutes;-)
28/06/2005 at 16:40
Cheers pops

Going to change my training now, I think I just need some variety.
28/06/2005 at 17:27
Oh man,this storm is not good! If it gets any worse I wonder if they'll cancel.
Don't fancy being out in the exposed in thunder and lightning!
41 to 60 of 39,565 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.