Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

12TH JULY 2005

81 to 100 of 39,432 messages
30/06/2005 at 16:53
Having fun ?
01/07/2005 at 10:22

No, not really. A lot of driving, a bit of work and picked up a new(ish) van from Clacton Upon Sea.

Anyone want to buy my old one, an L reg LDV Pilot? One months tax and 3 weeks MOT ?
01/07/2005 at 10:23

Oh, back now.
04/07/2005 at 11:20

Anyone about ?
04/07/2005 at 12:46
Boo

How is training going for you Alex after weekend?
04/07/2005 at 13:10

Hi Poppy,

Day off yesterday. If there had been a local race I would have done it but all things considered I thought that after 20 miles of hills I would rest.

Going to do something or other tonight, haven't decided what yet (apart from the obligatory 120 sit-ups).

How's it going with you ?
04/07/2005 at 13:47
Hiya folks,well done Alex on that crazy race you did,sounded a bit mad! You definately deserved a rest yesterday.

I started marathon training yesterday. Started it with a nice 10 miler to get me into the swing of things. Rest of the week is as follows :-

Tonight : 6X800m efforts (3 mins per rep)
Tues : 8 miles
Wed : Club
Thurs : 6 miles steady
Fri : 6 miles 10K pace
Sat : Bike
Sun : 12 miles

Well done WP on your big week of miles last week,good effort. You having another big week this week?

Can't believe the 5K is next week,it's come around so quickly.
04/07/2005 at 14:15

Afternoon JA,

Thanks for that. It was a bit crazy on Sat, that's for sure. Not really decided what I will do when this week, but I am running the Runaround Wyre Valley Half on Sun, another hilly one but not as bad as last week I understand.

Looking forward to the 5k next week too.
04/07/2005 at 15:16
Hi Alex

Scarely all is going well shins still hurt but they are not too bad and hip settling down.

saturday 6 miles speed work
Sunday 12 miles easy...wish someone told me the blimming bike race was going to use my route so kind of themn to make sure I would not be lonely!!!!
Monday 6 miles 2 miles warm up 2 miles very hard 2 mile cool down
Tuesday 10 miles at a set pace
Wednesday rest day
Thursday 10 hard at 2 miles a set pace and increased until last 2 miles easy
Friday 8 miles hills or 8 miles easy
Saturday rest or 6 miles
Sunday 13 miles faster

JA
as you can see around 47-53 miles fot this week easing back for the 5k;-)

good luck with marathon training looks a good week to me:-)
04/07/2005 at 15:34
Looks like a good week WP,doesn't look like you're easing off for the 5K though.....;-)
Are you doing Cardiff full or half? I can't remember what you said.

I'm going to build up for the next few weeks and then start the big miles.It's just going to be a matter of getting into the swing of things and training every day religiously again.

I really want a good time in Cardiff.I love marathon training - train hard,eat hard,sleep hard!
04/07/2005 at 16:22
JA

I will be doing nothing much on the Monday before the race;-)
I am doing the half I have a deferred place from last year I decided to be sensible and not attempt another marathon this year as build myself up for a spring GFA place (hopefully)I attempted an autumn marathon last year and was ill and injured.(Cardiff)

But the really strange thing is the minute I come out of marthon training and get well I put in much more mileage and train better or so it seems to me the last 4 weeks have been my best since May last year!!
I love marathon training too but I hate the heat love the wet and cold that is what marathon training is about or maybe I am just ever so slightly mad;-)

George if you lurk and see this do not agree with me;-)

yes once you get back in a routine it is fun are you going to do 2 lSR a week?
04/07/2005 at 16:35
I don't think so,in about a month my plan'll look like this :-

Sun - LSR (aiming to do at least 3 22 milers and keep going up and down,e.g.13 one week,15 the following week,then back down to 13,then up to 18 etc etc.)

Mon - 800's (aiming to get up to 12 reps)

Tues - 10 miles steady/fast (in about 1hr15)

Wed - Club

Thurs - Same as Tues

Fri - Hills

Sat - Bike

That's the plan but it may change depending on how I feel. I may do 2 sessions a day for 2/3 days a week later on in the program.

I'm looking forward to training for London again through the winter. I think this summer we've been pretty lucky as so far it hasn't been too hot and it hasn't been hot for long periods of time.

Probably just cursed us though......
04/07/2005 at 16:45
What a nightmare.......been doing speed work for this 5K next week and I now have a terrible pain in my knee...dont know what it is, it right in my knee cap, never had it before, had to stop running today.
04/07/2005 at 16:47
Oh no,that's not good Jinx.Are you going to get it checked out?
04/07/2005 at 22:56

Evening all,

GTinger 5k then gym because (and I don't know why) right hamstring felt dodgy. All followed up with a bottle of henry westons. (Whohoo)
04/07/2005 at 23:29
Welsh poppy
Not agree with you ?????????? ME ?????
I'm still biting my lip to avoid responding to your schedule !!!!! Just think yourself luck I'm still only lurking !!!
And It was me !!! I sent all those cyclists down the cycle path in an effort to get them out of my way and to slow you down !!!!
05/07/2005 at 05:17
George
So you were there were you? The major problem was the whole route cycle track along Waunarllwyd,forestfach to Marquis arms and back saw some team mates of yours....how did you do?
I was shocked that hardly any cyclists had helmets on!!!!!

Keep biting your lip ;-)I think that way it is easier for me;-)

Slow me down?????

YES you;-) not that you know that well at all;-) I think I better go for my run before I get into trouble;-)!!!
06/07/2005 at 10:13
Less than a week now - ooooh exciting. Not.I haaaaaate 5Ks,grrrrrr.

Jinx,are you clubbing tonight?

WP,are you in the Harriers? I saw some of the Harrier girls training last night on the field by the National Pool.
06/07/2005 at 13:09

Afternoon.
06/07/2005 at 18:12
100 :)

Just got my number 4!! does this mean I have to start with all the skinny people at the front?
81 to 100 of 39,432 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.