Tadworth 10

Oops!

81 to 84 of 84 messages
09/01/2008 at 14:45
The closest you'll find a Taccie to a codpiece is the chip shop
09/01/2008 at 21:45

A bumbag I find can be quite useful,as for medals which end up in the back of a draw till it is time to clear it out.

The worst memento must have been the chocolate medal from the Hadleigh 10.from about 1999. it was eaten before I and many others realised that it was the memento

12/01/2008 at 19:08

Back in september i bought my first copy of runners world and there was a guy in there that was one of those inspiration stories, turning his life and health around though running.  There was a photo holding loads of medals, and I suppose that is what got me started.  Since then I have entered a race a month and I have gone from worrying about putting on weight to worrying about my times (ironically my first 10k I have got slower ever since! - but to be fair the courses have got a lot harder).

The medals remind me why I am doing it, but the bumbag will still take pride of place in my "running tat cabinet".  It helps the beginners like me feel a real sense of achievement.

But it the organisers are looking for suggestions for next year, they could include a packet of "getting out of bed on a dark freezing winter's morning to go running" motivation tablets.

Thanks to all the people I meet on every race.  I love it - the cameraderie, their stories, and the support that everybody gives, whether you take 30 minutes or 3 hours.  Sometimes on the way to a race I want to back-out but I always come home feeling exhilarated and glad that I did.

Mark

12/01/2008 at 22:11
"Sometimes on the way to a race I want to back-out but I always come home feeling exhilarated and glad that I did" - you're not alone there MH3

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
81 to 84 of 84 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.