Tadworth 10

Nearly that time of year again...

21 to 35 of 35 messages
02/01/2009 at 12:40

Got my number this week

See you all there

02/01/2009 at 19:38
Weather is looking good.  No ice on the course, but it is going to be cold, so dig out those gloves, and hats.   Be on time. Have a good run, see you all there. 
02/01/2009 at 20:30
Good news is the grot at the bottom of Ebbisham Lane is gonna be OK which should take a few seconds off your time.
04/01/2009 at 13:34
Just wanted to be the first to say thanks to all for a really great race today! I really "enjoyed" it if you count the pain and blisters as enjoyment! Thanks to the jelly baby guys and all the marshalls!
04/01/2009 at 16:03
Hats off to everyone out there today  It was blooming freezing!
04/01/2009 at 16:42

I missed it completely as some twit decided to reconfigure his hatchback using the central reservation of the A3 and the police thought it would be a good idea not to set up a diversion while they closed the road to get the recovery truck through.  I was stationary on the A3 for an hour, initially in civvies but, as it looked like I was going to be there a while, I changed into my running gear in the hope of shaving in with seconds to spare before the start.  But I was still sitting there at 10:35, a half an hour's drive from Epsom.

So, my 10 mile LSR was a lonely affair around the lanes of south west Surrey.  I still did it in 90 minutes, though!

I hope everyone who went had a good day.  Maybe next time.

04/01/2009 at 20:38
Flippin eck that was hard work - thoroughly enjoyed it in a wishing it were over kinda way  - I'll deffo be back again next year for another dose of torture - it's not Ebbisham Lane that does it for me - although the second time up I did think I was going to die - but that last mile is a real killer - hehehehe - thanks to the oraganisers and marshalls for a great race
Trogs    pirate
05/01/2009 at 14:41
My thanks too to all organisers and marshalls for a good event.  Not done this before for assorted reasons - main one being an aversion to Ebbisham Lane.  However, think I must be getting fitter cos Ebbisham didn't really present any problems - though the rumour of flapjacks at teh water station at the top helped.
05/01/2009 at 15:01
I declined the flapjacks as I was having trouble breathing so I thought eating might be a bit difficult Trogs
Trogs    pirate
05/01/2009 at 17:58

I was feeling particularly peckish so I took a bit and used it as an excuse for a little walk while I ate it.

Felt much better after

05/01/2009 at 18:12
You had the right idea Trogs - it's not like me to turn down a flapjack
05/01/2009 at 18:26
That gives us an idea for next year's goody bag then? We had a change of direction in that department this year - any comments?
06/01/2009 at 17:13

Yes,  the tyvek running top (2001?), gloves, towel, beanie and shoe bag from recent years were great. Didn't do '02 or '03, so can't comment on what was handed out then.

The bumbag was.....well........?#£$%&*

The nutrients and bottle provided by this year's sponser were fine too and I'd be more than happy to see a repeat of them (or the Gore windstopper running top referred to in the message at the beginning of this thread).

Have you done socks yet?

06/01/2009 at 17:25

Thanks for that Snoop Dogg. We recall how much you liked the bum bag from last year. 

Yeahh we thought of socks, working from the head down (moving swiftly over areas in the general lower waist area) but whereas the "magic" gloves were one size we saw lots of complications with men's/ladies' socks and sizes within them. We tried one source but the quality was no good enough for a running sock..

The Tyvek top has been popular - I'm sure I still see the odd runner wearing one of the 1990's version. Not that us runners are mean bunch .....

08/01/2009 at 15:37

Yes, you can never please everyone. Some want medals, some want T shirts.

We've also seen plastic encased minature athletics figures, shot glasses and horse brasses as well at some races, but I think you beat the lot in terms of original thought - who wants yet another cotton t-shirt these days? 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 35 of 35 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.