Thames Meander Half Marathon

21 to 40 of 43 messages
16/07/2012 at 18:19
Sounds lovely. I can almost feel it in my paws now. I have booked up, but I doubt very much, given the year so far, that we'll get a nice sunny day. Fingers crossed though. Either way, wet or dry, I'll be seeing you there!
16/07/2012 at 20:26
Great we will be positive and hope that the sun is shining and there are Azure blue skies. I'm dreaming again I know. The good news is that we will have a full field of very spirited runners like you. We're capping it at 350 max to avoid congestion. Its going to be a great day. See you soon!
21/07/2012 at 15:19

Hi Guys,

I'm very new to all this, have set myself a personal challenge to complete the Dublin Marathon, I have been advised to enter a half marathon though as part of my training. 

Is it mostly groups of people that know each other that go to these events? Bit nervous, not sure if I should just bite the bullet and do it alone or not do it really.

Cheers!

21/07/2012 at 17:24
Hi Steve no most people won't know each other in fact we have a multitude of people from all over the UK and abroad. You have 6 hrs for the half which you coukd actually walk it in but you wont need anywhere near this long so it will be a great training run and plenty of people around to egg you on. Definately a good idea to do a half before embarking on the Full Monty. Hope you can join us !
25/07/2012 at 08:36
Hi Steven. Im using this run as part of my training for the Amsterdam marathon, which i think is the same weekend as Dublin. Definately a good idea to do a few half's before the big day, and this should be one of them! I'm currently doing at least one half marathon distance each week, which gets longer week by week plus some shorter runs. In general, you do get a very mixed field in these runs, so you should feel comfortable somewhere in amongst us all. Hope to see u there, and good luck in Dublin.
DR5. Maybe, just maybe, the sun really will come for us!
25/07/2012 at 20:23

Hi David lovely medal design congratulations.  I'm still too scared to enter though I m worried about not being able to complete the course in time.  A half a half but the full is the unknown for a plodder

25/07/2012 at 20:56
Hi Twinklestar like the name its great ! Please dont worry about times too much though 6 hrs should give you ample time you could petty much walk this course in that time as its flat 95% of the way. As Muttley 2 says now we just need good weather. I will order this ok. Hope you can join us.
26/07/2012 at 20:19

Just realised I ve posted in the half marathon and there are two threads whoops!  One for half and one for full.  I am going to try and book time off,  bite the bullet and do the full.  I must admit the people on this thread are very encouraging.  I hope thats ok David.  I will give it all I've got so that I get round in less than 6hrs as I ve never done one,  I don't know how long it takes

Twinkle

28/07/2012 at 16:14
Hi Dave. How many of the 250 places have gone so far, do you know?
23/08/2012 at 21:15
I'm getting really excited about Saturday's race. A little nervous too, as I've managed to get shin splints so haven't been able to train the last two weeks. Any advice for last minute treatment??!! I'm trying the usual RICE. This will be my first race since a hideous Edinburgh Marathon back in May and I was hoping for a good time in the half here. Oh well, just have to see how it goes.
27/08/2012 at 13:40

Just like to say that this was a great race. I appreciated the price(!), the organisation, the route AND the lovely meal afterwards. I am looking forward to next year as I would like to improve my time!

11/02/2013 at 17:13

Does anyone know how many runners (approx) will enter this. Thinking about entering this as we will used to live in surbiton, although based in Qatar at present. Just need to decide how the last two months of training will work in the summer over here. Sounds like a great event, fab location.

11/02/2013 at 20:25
Hi Paul. Last year it was limited to 250 runners, split between the marathon and half marathon runners, and I guess it will be the same this year. There seemed to be pretty much a 50/50 split. A good run out and back and a good medal
A long trip for a half marathon though isn't it!
06/04/2013 at 11:27

Definately thinking about this as I'm doing my first marathon in october (chester) so this fits well, bit worried I may have to buys some trail shoes (but then again I really should anyway).

What's the situation with the food afterwards with regards to non runners (ie can my wife join this having waited around for over two hours for me).

When do entries normally get filled (probably the day before I finally decide to enter )

06/04/2013 at 17:46

bullet bitten and entry in, just hope it's dry but not too hot , anyone else definately in for this?

10/04/2013 at 13:36

I'm in!! Am i being dim - can't see the medal image, only the Bewl one? 

10/04/2013 at 20:04

I'm in as well 

11/04/2013 at 14:11

Thinking about doing this

11/04/2013 at 20:59

Still a bit worried that I might need to buy some trail shoes 

05/06/2013 at 09:47

As NellyP as mentioned do we need trail shoes for his race or could we run in normal trainers?

21 to 40 of 43 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.