Thames Meander Half Marathon

1 to 20 of 43 messages
26/05/2012 at 20:55
You'll love the scenery on this course, it's spectacular all the way ! We will have a great race photographer, chip timing, mile markers for the half / full, really nice hot meal post race, fantastic onsite facilities and a great bespoke medal.

www.theracephotographer.com/2012/TM/index.htm

05/06/2012 at 11:54

Glad I spotted this, it sounds like it will be a really nice event.  A few of us from my running club are likely to enter.  Slightly nervous that everyone may pack up and go home before I finish, but what the heck - I'm in it just for the fun!

07/06/2012 at 18:01
I've tried looking at website but can't read it off my phone, how does it work, with the full and the half, do u all start off together or does the half start off at a different point and end up at same finishing point?
07/06/2012 at 20:52

I swear that i asked this question earlier so excuse the double post... but is there a cut off time for the marathon? e.g; 6hrs?

07/06/2012 at 23:23

I've entered the half for this one, to check off one of the runs in my next marathon training cycle

Emmy, the cut-off time is 6hrs for both the full and the half.  HannahsmomUK, the flyer says "the marathon/half heads out towards Putney Bridge and back whilst
the half goes towards Teddington Lock and back."  So, I'm not exactly sure what it means by "marathon/half"--maybe they do one half towards Putney Bridge and then the second half towards Teddington Lock to complete the full?  I've only signed up for the half, so I'll just go wherever they tell me on the day

08/06/2012 at 08:31
Well my bf and another of my friends r doing the full so didn't know whether if I signed up for half we'd actually run part of it together, I'd like to do full as I love canal running but I've not put the training in
08/06/2012 at 15:21

I'm interested in the race after noticing this thread.  I had thought that £25 was 'a bit toppy' as I did a 20 miler for a tenner along the same bit of towpath.  Nonetheless, another marafun in London is always a good thing, and I guess that we are a bit spoilt with the pricing of that April Greenwich/Docklands one. 

Count me in!

The missus wants to see Kingston so I may get permission via that promise.

11/06/2012 at 09:35

I've entered this race, do most of my running in richmond park and love the river as well, sounds fab.

David Ross, can the organisers put up a route map, I know it's described, but I'd love to see a map if possible?

11/06/2012 at 10:00

Hmm... very interesting! I really like the sound of it but second Nicki's request for a map

12/06/2012 at 19:41

Hi All, Sorry it has taken a bit of time, We have been in South Africa running the Comrades. Here is the link for the map to the marathon course the half link will appear very soon.  Any other queries then please let me or Dave know. Looking forward to meeting you all on the 25th.  http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/102157959

12/06/2012 at 19:45

Just to clarify other queries.  Both the half and full start at the same time 9.30am. The half course splits from the full after crossing the Petersham green area then follows the Thames to Teddington Lock. The full goes in the opposite direction along the Thames path to cross over Putney bridge, then back again. £25 entry for the marathon includes a bespoke medal, 1st, 2nd, 3rd Male and Female prizes and a delicious meal which is not usually available at other events.

12/06/2012 at 20:31

You can now find the half marathon route on http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/102187477

13/06/2012 at 00:49

thanks for the maps, i'm seriously now considering the marathon, how many people have entered and do u have a cut off date?

16/06/2012 at 14:08
Hi. I do most of my running in Richmond park, Wimbledon common and along the Thames anyway, so why would I think of paying money to run this?? Cos I'm a sucker for medals! oh, and it really is lovely running around there. Any sneek previews of the bespoke medal to finally twist my arm?? wanna medal, wanna medal! gimmee, gimmee,gimmee.
16/06/2012 at 14:35

Sounds really good, and is local to me. I'm in

21/06/2012 at 14:32

The bespoke medal is nearly ready so as soon as we have finalised the proofs and it's ready for shipment we'll post a "proof" of it on the Forum. All I can say is that it's our BEST medal yet and it will be lovely ! It won't be long until it's completely finalised ! 

06/07/2012 at 18:33
Ah, thanks for that DR5. Dribbling at the mouth already.
Just a couple of queries. Its quite a way from the place where the end of the race appears to be from the start of the race. How do we get back to the start and our cars? I suppose the food is just for full mara's too is it??
Edited: 06/07/2012 at 18:40
07/07/2012 at 17:31

Hi there the long awaited TM "Medal" is now on our site www.hermesrunning.com if you look under the Thames Meander Header, hope you like it ?? The marathon if you look at the FAQ's (pretty comprehensive) is and out and back so starts at the school Marymount and goes to Putney Bridge and back again so you can leave your car in the secure car park ok. Look forward to seeing you - hope you can make it, promise you'll love it !

07/07/2012 at 20:16
Must say Dave, that that is one very nice looking medal. Count me in!!
07/07/2012 at 21:21
Happy days, it's 80mms in diameter and the details ie Thames Meander Half and the date are engraved on the back. Its a chunky medal alright. We just need a nice sunny day and we're A for away ! See you soonish.
1 to 20 of 43 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.