Thames Meander Marathon

141 to 160 of 195 messages
21/08/2013 at 15:34

I'll look out for you. I don't plan on running in a clingy red frock mind you, but I might risk my Purple Patch running singlet. Alternatively, who knows? Fashion choices ...

21/08/2013 at 21:03

Good luck to everyone doing the Marathon on Saturday.

I have dropped down to the half marathon following injuries... Happy days.

BBC Weather is currently forecasting rain on Saturday morning:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/6690829

21/08/2013 at 21:14

Thanks for the weather update red and best of luck in the half looking forward to this and a start of rain would be most welcome.

Best of luck everyone!

22/08/2013 at 08:57

Rain would be a touch , summers been so good i can't remember the last time i ran in some , anything like this morning would be nice!

22/08/2013 at 09:25

I think it's fair to say - whatever weather we have it wont be perfect for everyone! I personally will just look forward to hopefully seeing a few of you and having a good run by the Thames!

22/08/2013 at 13:14

What's everyone planning on eating in the run up to the marathon? I'm having extra bread and jaffa cakes today. Pasta tomorrow lunch and dinner.

22/08/2013 at 13:45

Hi Jacs, It all depends on what you're doing. You should limit the amount of protein tomorrow as it can remain in your body longer than 24 hours.

Today/tomorrow - make sure that you're drinking enough water.

Tomorrow: Eat little and often (e.g. a banana, a scone). Tomorrow i'll be having:

AM: Porridge, Banana

Snack: Scone

Lunch: Baked potato with just butter and salt

Snack: Cake

Dinner: Pasta with a tomato sauce.

Make sure that you're getting a good night's sleep tonight and tomorrow

22/08/2013 at 14:19

Thanks Emmy yes drinking lots of water. Will be eating similar to you:

Will do a run tomorrow am of 1-2 miles to loosen legs and get in the "zone" I will spend the run thinking about the race.

Breakfast Porridge and banana

Lunch Pasta with a little pesto 

snacks jaffa cakes and malt loaf.

Will get good nights sleep tonigh but not tomorrow as i will be too excited/nervous 

Dinner whatever I fancy probs steak and salad

Not long now 

22/08/2013 at 14:28

Hi Jacs - good luck. I think that every runner's preparation is slightly different but as long as the main items are there. For me hydration and eating properly is the biggest factor. It's not about stuffing your face with huge portions but eating reasonaibly and keeping an eye on your body.

You mean that you wont have the free spag bol that's on offer for the runners? I know that's going to be my dinner

22/08/2013 at 14:42

I will give the spag bol a go but I find it difficult to eat after a marathon takes my body a good 12 hours before I fell hungry. But will eat what I can manage. 

22/08/2013 at 15:39

Mine is the same. My post marathon strategy is little bites and often. So i'll have 1/2 a normal portion and just gently eat it. You'll need protein to aid the recovery

22/08/2013 at 16:23

I am doing 6-700 grams of carbs (yesterday and) today and something similar tomorrow, should hopefully be enough to see me through.

Makes me feel pretty sluggish and tired though. All I want is for this thing to get started now as I am going through the usual “can I do it?”, “am I unwell/injured?”, pre marathon anxiousness

22/08/2013 at 18:22

Hey, Good luck everyone - Just wondering, is the final information which was on the email sent out Monday the last bits and pieces which we will need to know prior to Saturday morning?

Happy Carbohydrate day....

22/08/2013 at 18:47

HI , I didn't get an email on Monday and now realised I haven't had any up to date info since June??? Was there any thing important on it? Do we pick up number and chip etc on the day? Do i need proof of anything? Thanks

22/08/2013 at 20:24

Hi James,I didn't get an email either.

numbers can be picked up on the day. The chip is there as well. Is there any other info you need that I can help with? (I got the instructions email a few weeks ago)

22/08/2013 at 21:18

Thats great thank you Emmy. I think thats all really - just paranoid i've missed something vital! But I guess as long as i'm there by 8.30 at the latest to register etc everything will fall into place

Good luck!

22/08/2013 at 21:45

Not had an email either - not expecting one as we got the 'final' one sent out on the 5th. 

Richard Hill - feel the same.  Sluggish as hell but feel wired at the same time.  Carb loading does strange things for sure!

Emmy, you can have my spag - I'll just munch the bol!  Not allowed to eat wheat.  Ho hum!

Good luck all, don't forget a bin bag for the start line, gonna be WET!

22/08/2013 at 22:02

Don't seem to have the one on the 5th either? But not to worry, think everything's covered

23/08/2013 at 06:31

Yeah, don't worry James - all info can be found in the Q&A and overview part of the race website.

23/08/2013 at 07:58

Porridge is a wonderful thing. Off to Wagamama for lunch today where I can load up on noodles without guilt! Definitely feeling nervous ...

141 to 160 of 195 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.