The A20 Path 'n Downs Marathon and Half Marathon

getting closer........!

21 to 40 of 58 messages
04/11/2012 at 19:27
Looking forward to the marathon. Have ran South Downs, Steyning Stinger & Beachy Head this year. Will be nice to run something a bit easier, lol
05/11/2012 at 09:13

Can definitely recommend this race - ran the marathon last year & enjoyed it - good challenging course, excellent race HQ and good feed stations en-route. Had hoped to return again this year & do the half but have only just recovered from injury, so unfortunately sitting it out this year.

If Multisport is reading this though, I was hoping to do the 'End of 2012' run in Mid Kent - have looked at the event information & wondered if you had a link to the course? (not sure if I'll do the long or short option yet). Thanks & keep up the good work

07/11/2012 at 12:51

I am also looking forward to this marathon. Are you allowed to wear Ipod's in this race?

07/11/2012 at 17:55

i have no hard n fast rules on ipods or any other music on the move for pure running races , i know that some races are now banning them on safety grounds as you may not to be able to hear traffic creeping up on you or that marshall shout "watch out for ***********" , its up to the individual to make sure they are still aware of what is going on around them .LTS-- we shall have a "map my run " link on the site soon - hope you recover ok .I rode the marathon course on Sunday (on my MTB ) and the heavy rain had left its mark in places with standing water and debris but its all still good for running .

08/11/2012 at 15:56

Just signed up. It'll be my first attempt at two marathons three weeks apart, having just done Snowdon end of last month. Oh well, we'll see.

11/11/2012 at 00:38

Can anyone tell me do we pick up our number & timing chip from thr hotel on the day?

Do i need to bring any proof of entry?

11/11/2012 at 15:27

I spoke with the organisers, and apparently the HQ (Hotel) is open from 7am to pick up numbers etc. I'll bring my ID, in case there is any query.

11/11/2012 at 16:31

Does anyone know if friends and family can use the hotel pool and facilities after the race (even if they have to pay a suppliment to the hotel)?

Joe - I completed Beachy Head about 3 weeks ago and Chester Marathon 3 weeks before that so I know how you must be feeling!  I'm really hoping the track is undulating rather than hilly or I won't be posting an amazing time!

11/11/2012 at 20:39

I never do amazing times, and will be aiming for.....................a finish!

13/11/2012 at 19:50

My first marathon also, I'll be wearing an L Plate. I'm just aiming to finish in one piece.

13/11/2012 at 20:39

A. Runner, your first marathon is always going to be so special, good luck for Sunday and I hope you really have a great day.

13/11/2012 at 21:40

I ran this last year and really enjoyed it. Bit hard to compare to a hilly trail mara but if you have run Beachy, Clarendon or Greensands mara you will find this easier.

Nice route and a good test, you can't help going off faster because you're on tarmac.

Wish I could join you but i've a small matter of the Winter 100 next week.

Good luck all...

14/11/2012 at 20:28

Thanks Sharon. I hear the weather wont be to bad, it's just the nerves at the moment.

14/11/2012 at 23:47

every time i check the weather its changed - first its misty , then its raining , now its meant to be sunny , i know it is what it is for all of us but its just that bit more pleasant when its dry - everything else is ready - have a great run everyone who has entered -those who havn't can still enter on the day .

15/11/2012 at 13:30

I have also been looking at this and had been for past 6 month. I decided against doing it only about a month ago and have entered Gosport Half instead and am regretting that decision - as I knew I would !! I changed to Gosport as I have done 14 marathons this year with 2 more definates to go - ending at Portsmouth - and just wanted a break.....bad idea ! Have also done Salisbury 54321, Clarendon, Steyning Stinger, 3 Forts, Southdowns and recently, Beachy Head so do love a good old hill climb cross country run.  I knew this would happen that I would just have to have another look at it....so blooming tempting and I just know I won't say a big old fat resounding NO until Saturday. It's a womans perogative to change her mind isn't it ????? 

Edited: 15/11/2012 at 13:31
17/11/2012 at 20:29

did the half last year and back for the full marathon, will be my 5th this year. was hoping it was the 6th but new york cancelled on me, lovely course, will bring my sunsceen this year. got burnt last year. Lovely friendly race. going to try and go for a PB tomorrow and finish in 5.30 hours. facilities excellent. if your still deciding, go for it you will love it.

17/11/2012 at 21:43

Janet - I have decided to do it.....was always going to happen really if I'm honest. Made my decision yesterday and have transferred my Gosport Half number to a very deserving pal. Am just off to bed now as early start from where I live. Am glad I made the decision as have heard good things about it. Good luck tomorrow for your PB. I will have a blue or black beanie on which will have a poppy stuck in it.  

17/11/2012 at 21:43

Weather looks great for tomorrow - sunny with temps between 3 and 7 and 0% chance of rain!  Cant' wait!!  

http://uk.weather.com/weather/tomorrow-Maidstone-UKXX0091

18/11/2012 at 18:07

Had a great morning running the half marathon, thanks to all involved

19/11/2012 at 09:43

Fabulous event......brilliant to have coca cola on offer at some water stations !! Pleased with my time of 4.12 but waiting on the official results............wonderful day out and so glad I decided to do it. 

21 to 40 of 58 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.