The Ashbourne Half 2014

4 messages
29/07/2014 at 21:03
I want to get a Half Marathon in before my first full marathon in October (Leicester), so I'm thinking about doing the Ashbourne half because it's quite cheap (£11 for us affiliated runners) and having been to Dovedale before I can imagine it's a cool race to run.

Problem is I don't drive so I'm hoping someone from here might be going from Leicester, as transport links on a Sunday morning are likely to be a nightmare.

Anyone run this before? What can I expect?

18/08/2014 at 12:26

Can`t help with the transport but I`m thinking of doing this one. Was hoping to do Chesterfield mara but scuppered by injury. The HM there is £35 so Ashbourne sounds good!

23/08/2014 at 17:40

Why not make a long weekend of it and find local B an B 

07/09/2014 at 17:32

Agree with David Frith 2, many times I stayed for  a night or two when I couldn't get to the running competition on the day of the event. That's a nice experience. I met locals learning their customs, culture, and got a better knowledge about the course

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.