The Big Stockport Run 10K

21 to 40 of 78 messages
18/09/2012 at 10:08

ha ha that's fine by me James !!!

Just to confirm to everyone we will be taking entries on the day. Look for the Life Leisure tent at the start point

Thanks

20/09/2012 at 08:04

humm, too late to enter online I guess, cant find a link

20/09/2012 at 10:13

see post above can enter on day now after my moaning haha!

20/09/2012 at 13:15

Looking forward to this.  Ran the Great North Run last weekend, so don't know if that will help or hinder!  Are the roads going to be closed?  Wasn't sure if they would be, as can't imagine the council letting you close the A6, but good if it is.

20/09/2012 at 15:23

Yes, the roads will all be closed during the race including the A6.  The difference is that the race is essentially organised by the council through Life Leisure who run the council gyms.  This is a great effort from the council and hopefully the start of a new era of supporting road races in the area.

I have heard that there is entry on the day but I'd get there early.

20/09/2012 at 15:31

Like Neil says they are learning this year.  Next year they'll have much earlier announcements and entry system etc. improved.  

We've had entry forms at Bramhall parkrun for the last few weeks and there's been a lot of interest.

Hopefully this will become an annual event with a growing number of runners - all the more reason to be there for the first one!

20/09/2012 at 21:55

RB are you doing it?

21/09/2012 at 00:15
Well it's safe to say I'm extremely mad for it. Had 1 moths intense training, break yesterday and today , going out @ 10am Saturday morning to get body used to it. I dont think 10 pints & a curry tonight would've helped!
21/09/2012 at 08:55

BHB yes, I thought I'd have a bimble.  ;).

21/09/2012 at 10:11

Looking forward to December when I am out of your category!  Anyone else from Bramhall / Wilmslow / elsewhere I might know that is running?

21/09/2012 at 18:25

Sorry BHB didn't know it was on your target list.

V45s I think only maybe Malcolm, Rob Tudor and Andy Green.  Kwaka too of course.  Oh and Bashir.

I'm doubling with a parkrun in the morning.

21/09/2012 at 19:44

You're winding me up aren't you?  That's a whose who of top V45 runners...excluding Kwaka of course (sorry Kwaka if you're reading). 

22/09/2012 at 17:55
Great you can enter on day been trying to find out rang number on the online leaflet today but no answer.

one question is the regiatration area far from stockport train station? Me and 2 friends are getting train from manc piccadily to stockport.
22/09/2012 at 19:29

Andrew - it's a 10 minute walk from Stockport station to the start/registration area

22/09/2012 at 19:34

I'll be cycling from Chorlton to the start, as my lift has hurt his foot & had to pull out! A good warm up I suppose! I assume there'll be somewhere nearby I can lock my bike up & leave my bag?

22/09/2012 at 19:41
Pato - thank you
23/09/2012 at 12:22
Just back from this- really enjoyed it despite three hills. Let down by poor pre-race organisation and wrong instructions as to where to register. Also poor goody bag- no medal - and my husband's bag didn't even have a drink. However marshalling around the course was excellent and I'll forgive minor niggles as it was the first one. Hope it becomes a bigger and better event in time and we get more crowds next time. Other than the hills it's a fast race and with only 3-400 runners no crowds at all.
I do get the impression the council were trying to get first timers going, but partly due to not great publicity it was full of familiar faces.

Thanks to the organisers- looking forward to next year.
23/09/2012 at 13:21
Goody bag was below par and no water at the finish, plus course was less than inspiring (too much suburban housing) - Maybe the route could have gone via Edgeley Park & Alexandra Park. However, apart from these gripes, well done and not bad for a first year attempt - Much better than the organisation of the Manchester Marathon.
23/09/2012 at 13:25

I've just come back from this. It was my first 10k and really enjoyed it. Do we know if there will be race times/results available? and if so where to find them?

23/09/2012 at 13:51
New Zealand road was an absolute PB killer. Good event however. Looking forward to the results.
21 to 40 of 78 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.