The Children's Mutual Tunbridge Wells Half-Marathon

1 to 20 of 162 messages
02/10/2008 at 17:42
I quite fancy this. Anyone know when entries are open?
02/10/2008 at 18:18

Hi John 

Entries should be open in the next few days, have literally uploaded the info today - enter online through RW. 

We have MONTANE  technical t-shirts for all finishers worth £20, medal AND goodie bag this year as well as TAUT sports drinks on the course.

The race is supporting the Cardiomyopathy Association, so please fund raise if you can - details will be posted on the race website.  We also have a creche and kids mini olympics at HQ which was very successful last year. 

Snuffles

02/10/2008 at 22:07

Cheers Snuffles,

Well, based on that I definitely fancy it and I'll rope my posse in on it too!

;-)

John

03/10/2008 at 07:56

Having just received my 'fleece of doom' from FLM, it looks like half training and racing for me. Just missed out on sub 2 at Brighton this year, so that'll be my target race initially, with this as the last big effort beforehand.

I work a lot in the area, so may well join TWH.

11/10/2008 at 17:03
Yup, I'm another fleece wearer! So disappointed at not getting in and looking for events to keep my fitness up. There'll be 3 of us entering this in a challenge we've all labelled as 'Tub Buster' in an attempt to start early  and get trim for next years Summer hols!
Edited: 11/10/2008 at 17:05
24/10/2008 at 22:37
Sounds interesting race, and a bit outside my normal stamping ground (I'm up near Windsor) so it would do me good to get out more!  Any positive comments gratefully received while I worry whether I can do this the w/e after Wokingham   And when does this usually fill up by (approx)?
05/11/2008 at 00:30

This race will be my first ever half-marathon event, followed shortly (and probably foolishly!) by the Paris half-marathon a month afterwards!

I'm actually looking to run the race to raise funds for a project I'm involved in - Ghana Learning Project (www.ghanalearningproject.com), which is looking to collect books and raise funds to transport them to schools in Ghana, where educational resources are very limited.

If you're likely to be entering the T.Wells race and might be interested in racing money towards our cause in the process, please don't hesitate to email me at richard@ghanalearningproject.com.

15/12/2008 at 21:41
'evening all

Entries for this one are rolling in very well indeed. If anyone wants any info about the race please post on here and I'll see if I can help. If I can't help I know someone who can. I also live on the course and use it regularly for training so you can have a mile by mile commentary if you want one.

Those who remember the llamas (alpacas ackshully) and longhorn cows at 1.75 miles will be disappointed. They've been sold. Maybe they've been rustled.
JJ
16/12/2008 at 13:20
"boing"
Tommygun2    pirate
16/12/2008 at 13:25

I will definatley be doing this as its the nearest race to where I live and train on part of the course.

16/12/2008 at 14:41
Hi Tommy.
I guess we must pass each other from time to time. Ever thought of joining the Harriers?
JJ
16/12/2008 at 14:41
No I don't get commission.
JJ
Tommygun2    pirate
16/12/2008 at 14:48

Hi JJ

I have thought about joining TWH but also Seveoaks AC. I live in Hildenborough sort of in between the two. I work in London so getting to weekday trainning is almost impossible for either club.

I used to know a couple of TWH peeps Mick Jarvis & Ian Wylie not sure if they are still running.

16/12/2008 at 23:09

Tommy
Both are still running. Ian is a major tri enthusiast nowadays.

JJ

18/12/2008 at 18:45
I thought I heard the doorbell ring. Does someone need help to do with the T.Wells 1/2m?

Snuffles
Can I tell a joke or would it let the club down?
JJ
18/12/2008 at 19:07

I ran this last year as my first ever 1/2, and it was a great day out.  

Would really recommend it.

19/12/2008 at 18:20
hopeto finish
Hope it was good enough for you to go for a repeat this time round?
JJ
20/12/2008 at 23:36
Back  to page 1
21/12/2008 at 18:51

....see you're working nights, as well as weekends, to promote this one, Jonny....you likkle 'bonger'.

(hope this message helps your efforts!)  

21/12/2008 at 21:19
Snoop
It would help even more if you would send in an entry. If you send me the cash I'll write the entry for you I promise).

Did you run that XC race at Beckenham or were you dressed up just to impressive some woman?
JJ
1 to 20 of 162 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.