The Gr8 Wood Gr8 Run

who's up for it?

21 to 36 of 36 messages
07/05/2005 at 02:26
Entries up to nearly 300 judging by my number. Really am looking forward to the BBQ (and the run of course.....)

Can't wait to see the course... no idea what to expect but sounds good. Hope it dries out (I only have road shoes :-)

07/05/2005 at 13:22
I've just realised the race is tomorrow and I haven't done The list yet ....

THE LIST:
in alphabetical order:

Catman
Hillbilly
HMG, No:43, time sub:88min
Monkey spunk girl
Ollie -
The Bartman, time sub:72min
ValP

weather for Sunday
07/05/2005 at 13:30
HMG - Do you sell X-Socks at your shop?

THE LIST:
in alphabetical order:

Catman
Hillbilly
Monkey spunk girl
Ollie -
School Runner No.269
ValP

Is there a forumites pre-race meeting planned?
07/05/2005 at 13:38
90 min, are they the concurve ones? coz we've only got small sizes left but we sell the Thorlos and Fox river and they're very paded under foot and around the ankle to protect achilles. oh and I've just remember we got some Hilly aswell and they're nice too.

R u coming supporting tomorrow with secondes?:-)
07/05/2005 at 13:42
THE LIST:
in alphabetical order:

Catman
Hillbilly
Monkey spunk girl
Ollie -
School Runner No.269
ValP

10.30am: Meeting in front of the marquise (oops nearly forgot about the pre-race meeting! Thks 90 min:-))
07/05/2005 at 15:25
HMG - No, X-Socks is a make, Iron Bridge Runner in Exeter have stopped stocking them & I was wondering if you did. Not to worry. Yes, I'll be there with the boys tomorrow.
07/05/2005 at 22:17
Good Luck Everyone
Have just finished my pre race preperations with 4 pints of Guiness at the Rugby Club. Look forward to seeing you all there.
08/05/2005 at 08:03
Sounds like u had a good cardo loading session last nite Hilbilly!
Lovely weather for today :-)

Typical I've got a bit of a sore throat this morning so will take all
the vitamines in the house and echinacea.(sounds like I'm already making excuses .... but I'm not!:-)

good Luck everyone and c u guys later :-)

08/05/2005 at 17:11
I thought medium dry white wine was your cure for everything?
08/05/2005 at 17:41
I thoroughly enjoyed this race last year and enjoyed it even more this year.

Thanks to all involved.

Btw - nice t-shirt.
08/05/2005 at 17:43
Oh yes: MSG - where were you? Hope you're okay.
08/05/2005 at 21:10
Ops....had hoped no-one would notice I wasn't there lol. Second person to ask!

I am ok ta, have had a bit of a cold for over two weeks and feel some days like doing something and some days like not doing anything - no energy....today was a no energy day.

Hubby and I were both down to do it and we both over slept too, which wasn't a good start.

Missed out big time, as I was quite looking forward to Crowcombe Hill...NOT!!!

How did you get on?

I think I am well out of the running thing at the mo.....need some omph to get back into it.

Doing the race for life at Street on 24 July.....really want to train up a bit and do the 5k in a good time! Just need the motivation to get back out there again.

08/05/2005 at 21:22
This just has to be one of the most scenic runs ever and to the marshall at the top of "that" hill, I really was admiring the view , honest!
Beautiful weather, beautiful views, friendly marshalls and even the water tasted lovely. Perhaps my only complaint is that my new trail shoes still look a bit pristine!!

Only hope the Black Death lives up to its predecessor.
09/05/2005 at 05:46
An excellent race! Beautiful scenery, gorgeous weather, friendly marshalls, thanks to the lady handing out the Jelly Babies!
Nearly missed it parked the car at 5 to 11 and ran to the start, just in time for the countdown.
To round off a great day my daughter won one of the spot prizes.
09/05/2005 at 11:42
Hi Guys,
What a lovely run it was yesterday and the views on the top of the HILL were amazing.
Knee suffer a bit yesterday, so I'll be resting this week, might cycle instead!

The Provisional Results (Pre-Enter) are up!
HMG :-)
09/05/2005 at 11:58
Hi HMG
Sorry I didn't get to see you at the GR8. I was too busy trying to breath after getting up the hills.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 36 of 36 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.