the great north rip off

just been conned out of £100

21 to 24 of 24 messages
11/12/2012 at 16:23
Why not have a system, for a small charge if needs be, to allow official transfers?
Therefore the injured runner does not lose all of their money
Someone else gets a chance to run,
The organisers then know there will be no ghost runners, happy customers and a bit of extra money for them or to donate to a charity.
11/12/2012 at 16:28

Taking another's number can get you banned too so be careful out there. I've never done GNR just because of the cost...I tend to vote with my wallet. Did defer FLM in 1999 due to broken ankle and did not get deferred place as next up was the millennium so went on to 2001 and paid again

12/12/2012 at 09:05
The rules may be in the small print, but as a family who take running very seriously, weve always taken care of ourselves and not been injured. Its only when injurys do occur, that its a case of ,oh, you have to pay again.
In our group there are 4 adults & 3 kids, who all compete at the adult & mini bupa events every year, as far as were concerned they can shove it.

Atb
lakes runner
mcs
12/12/2012 at 09:14

Lots of races do have transfer policies, the Edinburgh Marathon do and it works well and is good for customer relations. We run as a family and its always going to happen someone is going to get injured and the costs are going up all the time for races.  Local races and fell races are the way forward I think now. £4 to do a fell race in our village the money goes to Edale Mountain Rescue Team, no one makes any money. There is first aiders on the course and local people provide food and drink, timed finishing value or what!!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.