The Hereford Half (St Michael's)

21 to 33 of 33 messages
Blisters    pirate
02/05/2004 at 21:41
And sit in a stone cold bath for 10 minutes.

But I suggest taking a mug of cocoa with you, and wearing a woolly jumper.
TF1
03/05/2004 at 10:42
Corry - I'm icing the bugger, ibuprofen orally and as a topical gel, massage, stretches and not running (that equtes to rest - was in the garden all day yesterday then in the loft ceawling about putting a new TV aerial in - seemed to do the knee some good!) I'll take it for a walk today ... :-(
Blisters    pirate
03/05/2004 at 10:56
TF1
That's not a very nice thing to say.

If it's good enough for Paula Radcliffe, Denise Lewis, and Berhand Dagne, it's good enough for me. I can also state that it works. After all you can't ice very aching muscle after a long run UNLESS you sit in a bath.
TF1
03/05/2004 at 14:47
Ha! ha!
Got your attention!

Well, we don't all run as far or as fast as you, so I'll stick to the warm bath thank you very much.

What are you doing on this thread anyway - are you doing this half ???

TF1 injured and grumpy -grrrrr!
Blisters    pirate
03/05/2004 at 15:37
I'm considering it.

And I thank you kindly for the compliment about distance/speed. I don't consider myself to be fast, but the improvements come slowly along. 1:33 is no slow jog either, I wish you luck for the 1:30 target.

1:33 was my pb in September 2003. Somehow I managed to carve 5 minutes off it by March. I still don't understand the size of the improvement.
TF1
04/05/2004 at 09:06
Hereford must be gutted.

And I'm crocked - only 15 min. jog with 4 stops yesterday. Oh dear ...
04/05/2004 at 18:36
...sick as a parrot...

I wore black today but got no sympathy from my students...

We will just have to win the Conference next year and do the job properly...

Oh well, I will just have to do the race and not worry about finding a tv afterwards...

Raced at the weekend and rediscovered an old injury - piraformis syndrome (or something like that)...a real pain in the bum!!!

Biiiiiiiiig stretches all round....
08/05/2004 at 00:04
I'm starting to get a bit worried. I expect to finish the half in a time of about 2hrs and 20 mins.

Am I going to look foolish?
09/05/2004 at 13:47
Blisters is fast.He is a 3:16 marathon man and thats not hanging about is it.Im looking at this one.Just did a sub 40 10k and want to have a crack at my pb half of 1:27.
I love races with fun runs too,it gets the little ones involved.Ill decide by thursday.
14/05/2004 at 21:23
Hi

I'm entering the St Micheal's half on Sunday... and I'm getting a bit nervous now. It's my first half marathon... I hope I'm going to do okay... I just want to finish. I can run 10 miles in 1 hr 25 mins... I don't want to be left behind and am aiming at finishing in 2 hours...

My friend says that the last two miles are going to hurt... do you think this is true given i've not ran more than 11 miles before?

I last run on Wednesday but i'm feeling a bit lethargic.. do you think it would be okay to run just 3 miles tommorrow to keep supple??

16/05/2004 at 21:09
Hey DavinaL!

How did you get on? There were a number of people in the 2hour mark. I hope you did ok.
As for your 10m time of 85minutes, don't say it so apologetically! Be proud of a time like that! There are loads of runners who would like to do that! Running at that pace, you are never going to be last in an average road race...

So never worry!!
17/05/2004 at 09:04
Hi Corridore...

It was very hot, but I did okay... in fact I did better than I thought - 1 hr 52 mins (by my watch) and to be honest I wasn't running as fast as I could cos I was a wee bit nervous about running out of energy...

It was such good fun.. enjoyed every minute of it. Can't wait to do the next one now!!

Thanks for replying.

17/05/2004 at 20:42
In those conditions 1.52 is a cracking time for a first attempt.
On a flat course in benign conditions that is worth 1.45...

I hope you continue to enjoy the running. you have caught the running virus. Unfortunately, this will gnore away at you until you do the London Marathon....be warned!!

As for your next race, as I come from Kent I can't recommend anything to you...but if you fancy a weekend in Margate and a booze cruise to Calais on the Saturday, then the Thanet Coastal marathon and Half is on the Sunday 5th September...

It is flatter than the Hereford.....

Enjoy your running...

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 33 of 33 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.