The Mince Pie 10

21 to 25 of 25 messages
02/12/2007 at 16:50

I've bought some road/trail shoes specially. Wearing them for this race for the first time and never having done 10miles. I think this may be foolish. I'm going to do it anyway. Just praying it's not as horrendously windy as it was today.

It'll be fun.... it'll be fun.... it'll be fun.....

07/12/2007 at 11:28

Forecast is not great. Accuweather says: Winds gusting over 80 kph; mostly cloudy with a couple of showers. Winds from the SW at 64 km/h.

Never mind, only ten miles

09/12/2007 at 22:08

Well what a tough race ! Whereas last year the weather was perfect, this year it was wet, windy and muddy. Not a day for PB's but thorouhly enjoyable all the same. It was bad enough for the runners but for the marshalls' it must have been even worse !

09/12/2007 at 22:51
Great Race! Weather was definately four seasons in one day! Marshalls were "fantastic" I thought full of encouragment and near enough one on every turn. The event was well organised but could of done with a bottle of water at 5 miles as the wind had emptied my cup in the gale before it got to my lips...Still will return next year if I can.
10/12/2007 at 11:01
Endorse all that, especially the marshals. Extra thanks to the one who shouted out our places as we ran past. And there's photos: http://antbliss.thirdlight.com/

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.