The Movember 10K (Milton Keynes)

3 messages
15/11/2010 at 22:23

Very enjoyable run through pleasant surroundings in excellent conditions. Very enthusiastic and welcoming organisers and marshalls. The guy doing the warm up was a hoot.

Hills were testing but not soul-destroying. Downhill finish was wonderful!

A couple of points for the organisers:

Four portaloos is not enough for 300 people.

Young lady at the water point was overwhelmed. Needs reinforcements next time. Didn't matter that much as there was a nip in the air!

Will definitely be back next year.

16/11/2010 at 09:33
I had the totally oppostite experience, I hated every minute of this run. My main gripe was it was described as flat on the Runners World event entry and it definitely wasn't. I thought it expensive for what was included. By the time we reached the 'water station' the girl had given up and was sat on her cool box. Putting a water station at the bottom of a steep hill just before a sharp turn wasn't the best move either.
27/11/2010 at 17:15
This was a well organised run and a fun warm up and crowd in general. It was advertised as flat and I found it at least 'undulating' if not hilly. I was also a bit frustrated in attempting a PB and having trained towards this race that the course seemed 'long' and 2 fellow competitors both wearing Garmins concurred that the course was more like 6.34 miles rather that 6.2 miles which can add a good 50 secs to overall time. So wouldn't choose to do this course again if attempting a particular time.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.