The Orion 15

Mud Sweat and Tears and lots of Ups an Downs

121 to 130 of 130 messages
19/03/2013 at 11:50
ORB wrote (see)

gatters - yes!  We say there is a closing date but this is really only becasue there is only me to take entries on the day (sometimes I get some help) so it can be a bit frantic.  Also our results wizard likes to have as many names (and age categories) in advance so he can prepare the spreadsheets (or however he does it).

So if you can email something in advance then it helps but if not possible then come along on the day and we will get you a number.

Gonna be VERY muddy this year methings...

andrewcdwfc@yahoo.co.uk

thanks. I will try and decide by friday so I can email you in advance. hopefully I can make it, it wasn't anywhere near muddy enough last year so want to run it in proper conditions

19/03/2013 at 21:27

Many thanks.

I loved the Orion Cross Country race in the Essex League which were seriously muddy this year. Based on the heavy rain forecast on Friday I would say that the going will be very soft to liquid mud !

21/03/2013 at 18:57

@orb  looking forward to it, even though the forecast is now for, er, snow... one key question - are there are any water stations on the route...need to know whether to bring water bottle(s) or not!

22/03/2013 at 10:48

assuming it's the same as previous years the water station is just after the 9 mile mark and I think  you pass it again at about 12

22/03/2013 at 16:24

A club mate suggested I would need either a gel or a small bottle of water at about 4.5 miles otherwise I might be flagging by the time I got to 9 even given the weather forecast.

23/03/2013 at 07:37
The race is on should (we use straw etc.) anyone be checking. The trail set last night has been nicely covered up by snow so we are frantically relaying it while the snow continues to fall. If you can get there then there will be a race for you!
23/03/2013 at 07:39
Myles - a small bottle of eater might be an idea if you think you need it.
23/03/2013 at 13:53
...that was of course 'water'
23/03/2013 at 16:06

What a cracking race ! Thanks to all the marshall and organisers who still got the race on despite the challenging conditions. Well done Orion.

24/03/2013 at 10:47

superb race...tough, but fair and great atmosphere...will definitely be back next year! thanks to ORB and all involved with making this happen, even in Arctic conditions!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
121 to 130 of 130 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.