The Run 11 Northampton/Silverstone HM Club

A warm place where everyone knows your name

21 to 38 of 38 messages
07/10/2011 at 14:21

Did  7.76 mile treadmill run, mainly run with the odd minute walk here and there for mouthfull of drink.

I've been getting tired to Booey i have uped my milage though, guess it's something us elite athlete have to endure.

hope eveyone has a good weekend

Any lurkers looking at this thread feel free to add to it's content

07/10/2011 at 19:11
Well I'm now in Liverpool, totally starving no idea where we're going to eat yet , doing fab four run on tomorrow and bf doing marathon on sunday
07/10/2011 at 21:26
going for a run tomorrow, nneed some stress relief, dont know if that is wise on five pints of bulmers but just need to get closer to the edge of pain and feel that point where one gets to that you cant do no more, and your body cant go on, think if i was 21 years younger i would join up
10/10/2011 at 07:37

Morning all out there in running land, hope you all had a good weekend, judging by FB, Jo did, maybe you could give us a report of the race you did.

Got a hectic week coming up, just taking one day at a time at the moment, running schedule might be a bit hadhok, have had to cancel taking my Mum  Dad into Coventry for a bus to go on holiday this morning cause i have an issue that needs to be addressed with one of my kids schools, my son has a disability and we go out of him friday what has been going on, and it's not the first time that i have had to go up to the school, this time i want something done or it will then be the school govenours, or if so i will go to the newspapers.

on the brightside have a good day

10/10/2011 at 11:56

Well I had a disaster on Friday   I was so drained and only managed to run about half of the ressy run had to walk the rest  then to top it all and to cut a long story short, my hubby had locked his van keys and my car keys in the van, everything locked in including phones, keys, money, clothes etc  The sailing club clubhouse (hubby windsurfs here) let us use their computer to google who the beakdown cover was with (hubby knew he had key cover) we waited 2 more hours for them only to be told sorry these T5 Transporters are impossible to get into and its cheaper to smash a window at home rather than the vehicle. So, decent fellow windsurfer ferried us about to get to home, smash a window  collect spare van key back to sailing club to get into vehicles.....hey presto we got home at 8ish to clear mess up and board window.

Hence all the excitement I rested Saturday and boy did I need it, and did a short 3.5miles yesterday

Steve - sorry to hear about the school problems etc hope you get it all sorted

Jo - how did fab four go?

10/10/2011 at 12:49

Sounds as though you had an interesting weekend Booey.

Ive been upto the school to see my lad's head teacher, think the two ladies on reception thought i was being a bit bulshie, should i say, again have been gtold that things will be looked into, but not hoping for anything to be sorted much, but amongst things, when you hear a young child on the playground tell my son that his mum, dad and sister are going to get it tonight, you wonder what sort of perants are bringing this child up. as soon as things are sorted with his statement i will be moving him on. Just get tired with it all, i shouldnt be falling to sleep at 11am.

hoping to get out tomorrow morning for a run a long steady one to.

If any lurkers out there look at this thread and want to join in then pull up a chair

12/10/2011 at 07:50
morning all, just thought i would wake this thread up a bit, havent managed a run yet this week, been s busy, and the only time today may have to be a treadmill run later tonight, mind you have been taking it easy exercise wise as felt crap sunday, so have eased off a bit
12/10/2011 at 11:53

I know the feeling Steve, I have had 2 days rest and feel loads better.  Off out with another club 'Run England' tonight and see how I get on with them

'waves' to everyone

12/10/2011 at 18:25

hiya, sorry not been on, i've been in the run liverpool thread ( cos of being in liverpool obviously ) and met so many runnersworld runners in liverpool it was just fab ( that thread is currently being updated quicker than i can keep up with lol )

anyway Fab Four run was brilliant, i have never laughed so much in all my life before a run, it was just a fun run not a serious thing ( no chips ) Run Liverpool who organised the run but a bus on for us all to climb aboard to take us to Sefton park where the run took place 

then we all had to don Beatles wigs so funny, there about 50ish people doing the run but we all had our beatles wigs on, singing beatles songs, then we did the steady jog ( got lost in the park so ended up running 3miles in stead of four ) then they took us on a little tour to see penny lane and the barbers shop called sergent peppers

it really was a fab time, it rained, but we didnt care, made the liverpool echo

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/multimedia/news/latest-news/images/2011/10/08/run-for-your-life-fab-four-fun-run-warm-up-for-liverpool-marathon-100252-29561964/

then watched the marathon on sunday my bf ( on here ulen madasaboxoffrogs ) did it in 4 hours 4mins which was a pb for him, had a fantastic weekend and really am looking forward to doing my bham half in just over a weeks time then the london marathon ( and not forgetting silverstone obviously inbetween )

Did a 6mile run today with some great hills ( in preparation for the bham half ) and am planning on doing a 3miler on friday ( we still havent managed a run together yet steve lol )

hope everyone else is ok

12/10/2011 at 22:20
will try and get over and see you in brum Jo, Joshua's Autism is in ovrdrive at the moment, so i with work, meetings with authorities and school i havent been or felt like training since sunday, but begining to see a light at the end of the tunnel so maybe able to get out friday at the mo, god knows what i will be like though or how far i go, at least we've got a date on when his special needs statement is coming through, i had a mother come upto me in asda yesterday and say whilst Josh was having a hypo  your sons very naughty isnt he, can't you keep him under control, what's his problem, to which i replied he has a disability called Autism, but then i guess your the one with the disability as you dont seem to understand, she goes quiet and disapears, so hopefully i will come over and cheer you on, lost your number so need it again'
13/10/2011 at 01:22

yes ok, have u used parent partnership services at all to help u with the st atementing process? we use them for Hannah and they were fantastic

sorry to hear u having such a hard time, is he in mainstream school at the moment steve?

13/10/2011 at 12:04

Hannah - great to hear about your weekend the run sounded like loads of fun  and well done on your OH's PB in the Marathon

Steve - sounds like you need a run to relieve that stress  well done you on speaking up for your son re the women in Asda, how rude of her

Well I am more or less certain I am going to do the Buckingham 10K this Sunday

Went out with the 'Run England' local club last night, it was great really enjoyed it.  Looks like I will be joining 2 clubs as I really like them both, should be out with the others tonight

13/10/2011 at 14:09

right i am definatly doing a run of some sort tomorrow, treadmill or outside, diary is clear and should be over thebusy art of things by this aftrnoon.

thanks for the suport guys,it isnt easy especially when he is in meltdown, at least his school are doing somat now even though it took a kick up the bckside. parent partnership are going to be getting in touch jo and helping with his statement.

13/10/2011 at 16:50

well our parent partnership is invaluable steve, couldnt have done alot of things without them

There is a Tamworth 10k this sunday ( i would run it but too close to Bham half )

I'm going for a small run tomorrow Steve but it will be first thing

going to tackle my hills again in preparation for the bham half

14/10/2011 at 07:40
going to the gym, dont know what to do maybe a treadmil run or a mix of various things, tried to get a one to one session but no one has responded to my e-mails or on FB yet, so may turn up have to arrange one for next week.
14/10/2011 at 10:53

Did another club run last night with two different girls and got on great  they were my pace which was excellent   so all in all I feel happy now, I am going to join both clubs and run with whoever whenever I can.  Hopefully one night a week with each

Doing the Buckingham 10K Sunday

11/09/2012 at 15:09

I'm hoping that posting on this thread will find someone who knows about "The Run".  I really enjoyed the run 11, and I had planned to do it again this year.  Where has it gone?  It seemed so successful and well organised.  I'd even convinced my kids to get in on the fun run and possibly even get my whole Scout Group on the run to raise some money, and now the race has simply failed to appear.  No-one's even mentioning it.  I can't understand it. 

11/09/2012 at 18:29

They have already done it, they did it earlier this year, cant remember the exact date but march maybe, i was shocked as not knowing never realised, maybe they thought by having it earlier that they wouldnt have such a problem with the hot weather  who knows but yeah guess they may try it again next earlier, i looked for it too, as it was such a good well organised event

Dont know where you live but Walsall are doing a Jubilee 10k run on Sept 22nd I think and they have a kids fun run as well I believe if thats any good

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 38 of 38 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.