The Severn Challenge

8 messages
27/05/2011 at 23:56
Anyone considering doing this one? Looking to do a biggie next year as I sadly hit 40  , but have only run marathon distance up to now. Obviously looks a bit ambitious but I reckon it could be worth a years hard work??!!
01/06/2011 at 10:05

Have run a couple of Ultras but nothing like this, very tempting!

18/08/2011 at 12:14

Hmm... interesting. I've not done longer than mara either. Are you thinking of doing the whole lot ? I was going to do my own ultra - round the London Capital Ring 78 miles, but a bit of cammeraderie might be nicer.

Am a bit confused from the description how long this one is. They talk about five marathons in five days, but when I add up the total stages, I get 216 miles =  8 marathons ! 

30/09/2011 at 14:29

Hi Sleek,  the reference to the five marathons means that the '7' race actually qualifies for five completed marathons, one each day.  i.e. each day goes over a marathon distance. This is then acceptable for organisations such as the hundred marathon club counting as five completed marathons.

e.g. if you ran a race of say 100 mile you only get one qualifying marathon out of it.

Crash Hamster    pirate
08/11/2011 at 09:05

I'm in.

I've done one stage race before, but nothing of this distance; should be a lot of fun!

08/11/2011 at 09:33
Welcome Crash.
15/02/2012 at 19:41
I'm in!! I did the Trans Britain last year, so I've done a long multistage. Nothing with 50+ mile stages though! Need to start upping the mileage on the long runs I think.
09/03/2012 at 15:23

Does anyone know if this will be on in 2013? Im doing my first half marathon in 5 weeks then plan to a marathon later in the year think the one day or 53 miles event could be a brilliant aim for next year

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.