The Skeleton Run 5

1 to 20 of 26 messages
16/10/2010 at 21:29

Anyone entering this race?

I never run in the dark before but this race sounds like a good experience. Anyone ran this before or got any info?

Thanks

James

20/10/2010 at 18:10
race day nearing. Anyone else inteding to run this?
21/10/2010 at 19:46
might have a chance of winning this. Looks like i running on my own.
21/10/2010 at 22:41
Oh no your not !!

Think there are 4 of us going I have my outfit all ready !
22/10/2010 at 17:25
Brilliant. You done this race before Toonette?
23/10/2010 at 14:15
No not done before, but got the bug for night running at Thunder run and this looks fun.
24/10/2010 at 18:49
Me & a couple of friends are running it. Did it last year and it's very tough (you go up Beacon Hill twice), but really fun
24/10/2010 at 18:50
I not done this before. Dont really know what to expect. Is there any club runners who do it? What an average time to get round?
24/10/2010 at 23:10
I'm doing it with some people from my running club. It's pretty tough as you climb Beacon Hill twice. No idea what time as I don't know how fast you are and we only really did it for a laugh anyway. As it's going to be pitch black, I wouldn't expect anything fantastic
24/10/2010 at 23:57
I did it last year, it is tough but good fun. I think my time was about 34 mins and I was 4th. The two laps are pretty tough, but what goes up must come down, the decents can be fast so a good head torch is a good idea. Not sure if I am up to it this year, I have lost speed! but it is a fun event too so maybe I will give it a go. Good luck all those doing it.
30/10/2010 at 10:50
Really enjoyed this last night. I though the organisation was excellent. Anyone else run? Anyone know when finish results are available?
30/10/2010 at 14:52
Hi,

Thanks to everyone who took part last night, you all looked great, especially mankini man who ran like the wind and came 3rd! Perhaps he was just keen to get back and get a cardi on. The results are done and dusted and have been sent over to the webmaster chappie, so they should be up on the The Skeleton Run page, (click on the Pure Outdoors button on the home page)sometime this afternoon.

I have a few items of lost property so if you've mislaid anything let me know.

Thanks for all the great comments, we take on board everything and are always trying to make our events even better. In response to a couple of comments;
We used 760 glowsticks on the 5 mile course, I can always use more if needed. There was a marshal at the upper car park at mile 3 from 7pm. The prize giving was later than usual. We had a couple of marshals who would have been handing out drinks at the finish not turn up, so I was busy ensuring we had enough water/cups for everyone; I'm afraid I think making sure the race and runners are safe is more important than the prize giving and would hope that you understand. The microphone decided to stop working just before the prize giving, such is life. All of the winners were present and received their prizes apart from Zoe Procter who was 2nd Lady. I had already spoken to her and she was happy for the 1st Lady to collect her prize for her as they're friends.

Finally, to the 'kind soul' who pinched the Start banner, how pointless is that. It belongs to Up and Running who would like it returned if possible.

So thanks for making a brilliant night, we had a laugh.

Gaynor Prior.
30/10/2010 at 17:58

Another fantastic race. Loved it!! There seemed to be more people in fancy dress this year, so next year we're going to make more of an effort The only thing we were disappointed with was that the toffee apples ran out so my friend didn't get one. Still enjoyed ourselves though and the hot chocolate van was a godsend.

Looking forward to next year already!

30/10/2010 at 20:00

Good fun, really enjoyed it. Where can I find the results?

Also zap me the dates of all next years races so I can add them to the Toonie Express Adventure Race Calendar

30/10/2010 at 20:06
The results are on the webiste. Looks like you came 22nd. Well ran.
30/10/2010 at 22:44
Enjoyed the race and also missed out on the Toffee Apples I came in at 57'24 .
30/10/2010 at 22:51
the winning chap from Barrow was a bit speedy. I started of the grid with him and he shot off. I stayed with him for about the first 30 seconds but that was about it. The first hill really rook it out of me.
31/10/2010 at 08:11
Yes, Tom has either won or placed a few times on that course, either at The Skeleton Run or The Beacon Hill Run, he is rather quick! Well done to everyone though, some great times on a tough course.

As to the toffee apples, we had enough toffee apples and bananas for everyone. As I said the marshals who would have been dealing with the drinks and goody bags etc didn't turn up so my Dad was roped in to help. I'm afraid he didn't stop the earlier runners helping themselves to more than one toffee apple/banana although I kept telling him to and so they did run out, which is a shame. Next year I'll have loads more marshals and I'll just order extra so this won't happen again, 'cos we all love a toffee apple!

Chris, I'll send you over the dates when they're finalised; so far The Beast will be on 27th February (so we don't clash with your event on 6th March) and we have a new race The Dirty Deerhunter on April 9th.

I'm going to set up a Facebook page for The Skeleton Run in the next couple of days so you'll be able to upload any photos etc.

Gaynor
31/10/2010 at 09:04
31/10/2010 at 19:37

Gaynor

Will the race be scheduled on the Friday of Halloween weekend next year?

Thanks

James

1 to 20 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.