The Wales Marathon (WITH CLOSED ROADS!!)

21 to 34 of 34 messages
01/06/2011 at 13:58

Does anyone know if we can wear ipods / MP3? The race pack says "discouraged" and I cant get anyone to confirm it.

01/06/2011 at 14:21

Fran

As far as I can see there are only two people doing this run, you and me, I will be wearing my music so the rule is, yes you can wear your music

01/06/2011 at 14:23
Great lets run together then. Im not that quick, thats why i need the music!
01/06/2011 at 14:26
Ha ha why not, I won't be burning the tarmac either, and no music, no run. backmarkers rock!!
01/06/2011 at 14:29
to me " discouraged" means ok as long as you are careful, so im taking my ipod. See ya at the back of the pack!
01/06/2011 at 14:50
I don't know why they have that rule, no one takes any notice. I think the truth is that if ever someone is injured when wearing an Ipod they have a disclaimer, more silly H&S stuff, and no doubt will be at the back at some point.
01/06/2011 at 16:59

Fran

Good for you, I can't really run beyond 10k with no music, it gets dull.

Is there anyone local running this that can advise if there are there any decent places to eat in the town on the Saturday?

01/06/2011 at 17:00
yeah loads,. its agreat area. You taking your ipod as well?
01/06/2011 at 19:41

Ipod, yes for sure, I'll be grooving while I'm moving, and as long as I can find a decent Italian the night before, I'm good to go.

Still can't find out if many are running this though

09/06/2011 at 19:29

This was one  of  the toughest marathons I have ever run,many thanks to the marshalls and supporters along the way,without you I would never have finished.Nearly gave up half way ,all hot and bothered but my fellow runners were feeling it too, so we all carried on encouraging each other,thats what I like about these races,the fellowship is great.

The swimmers and bike racers were very brave and inspiring. 

10/06/2011 at 16:08

the plastic cups were only HALF full !!!, i took on water at every water station but i ended up in hospital with severe heat exhaustion due to dehydration, i have run 7 marathons before without any problems, best time 2hrs 48mins  

11/06/2011 at 14:01

Sorry to hear about your experience Paul.  It was a really tough course in hot conditions that's for sure.  Just wondered what time you finished in?  I only ran the half - which commenced at 12 from Pembroke and every fuel station had both cups and bottles of water, jelly babies, gels etc.  Couldn't fault the organisation and support around the course. 

Hope you are fully recovered now.

13/06/2011 at 09:56

This was my third marathon, definatly the hardest.

I would have liked a race report, how many ran? how many finished? who won?

The water stations could have just handed out bottles instead of half empty cups, didn't see any energy gels.

Disappointed that the crowd were handed the T-shirts I ran 26.2 miles for.

Still waiting for the photos to be uploaded, a week after the race.

Surprised to see a rotting corpse of a dog on the track at about 14 miles.

21/10/2011 at 18:10
Anyone running the Wales Marathon 2012, i see that it's quite a challenge, I have run a relatively flat marathon in 4hrs 20 before so any training tips would be most appreciated, some serious hill training i should think.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 34 of 34 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.