The Whaley Waltz

Saturday 27th June 2009

9 messages
26/06/2009 at 11:35
bit late to start a thread maybe, but just in case anybody fancies a sneaky fell race at short notice...
26/06/2009 at 11:41
Already in, I have to redeem my manhood with the water plunge, caught on film last year getting in like a right wuss, top bombing this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
26/06/2009 at 13:18

didn't do it myself last year, but I've heard the technique is to jump in across as far as you can, as it's deeper at the near bank...

26/06/2009 at 14:30
It's a really nice race, nothing too taxing and a carnival too a friend of mine organises it so it's a few beer afterwards and a BBQ.  Found out to my cost about the depth last year and looked a right a"&e
29/06/2009 at 16:47

absolutely splendid day out - got to watch the carnival procession, then 150 of us lined up in the middle of the main road in Whaley Bridge and bang! we were off...
great route (3M up + 3M down to/from Windgather Rocks basically)
splosh in River Goyt just before the finish

highly recommended to all/sundry for next year...

29/06/2009 at 20:54
Better than last year, the start in the village with the crowds added to the event, and I redeemed myself from last year with a manly jump into the Goyt.  Can't wait for next year
30/06/2009 at 13:29

Splendid race. Really good fun. Great river crossing too. Second race of a great series all well worth doing. http://www.fellraces.co.uk/

30/06/2009 at 14:58

that link took me to a strange place, it does mention Lloydtaggart.co.uk, don't know if it's the LT, but it was more like a search page - maybe it's my browser

Missed Goyts Moss this year hope to make it to Shining Tor and Windgather.  Got the link through the GVS website.

Goyt Valley series

Hope to do the last 2 races in the Hayfield championship, want the t-shirt

edit just tried the link at home it was my browser at work

Edited: 30/06/2009 at 21:22
30/10/2009 at 20:10
Were any photos ever posted for this one? I'd like to add to my collection.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.