Theale 10K - Sat 24th

Near Reading, Berkshire

21 to 31 of 31 messages
iron fraggle    pirate
23/08/2002 at 15:10
will cheer you all on if I go.....I seem to be saddled with the kids from hell today, they're both tired, the 18 month old keeps tripping over and interfering with the 4 year old's grand prix games.....I think I might just leg it myself soon

good luck if I don't see you
23/08/2002 at 15:13
Hi Guys,

I've got aching hips from horse riding on Wednesday - I did loads of leg strengthening exercises in the saddle and am still feeling it! Looking forward to tomorrow though.

DW tell Mrs DW that before my first 10k (Jubilee in London) I was convinced I would fall over and be laughed at by everyone AND come last. I did neither and really enjoyed it. I've run one more since then and now I don't care if I come last, at least I'll have tried. Tell her she can walk if the going gets too tough and that there's no shame in it, in fact a lot of people swear by it.
23/08/2002 at 15:13
Fraggle,

The thought of looking after a tired 4 year old and a tired 18 month old is making the prospect of 6 hilly miles of terrain running wholly pleasant!!!!

Hopefully see you.
23/08/2002 at 15:53
what time does this race start?

i've got to get to london for noon, but if it's an 0930 i might be in... (and do they have late entries Very imprtant)
23/08/2002 at 16:06
It starts at 11:30 I'm afraid WWR, so you'd have to have serious runs to get around and into London by 12!
BK
23/08/2002 at 16:08
Shame you can't make it WWR. Can't you cancel the meeting !
23/08/2002 at 16:23
daughter's birthday treat - a trip into town to see the lion king matinee etc etc

i could cancel it and then i'd never have to bother about family commitments ever again!!
23/08/2002 at 16:25
How about daughter's birthday treat...seeing her daddy run in the Theale 10K?!

Lion King, lion schming!
23/08/2002 at 16:28
true, true.
26/08/2002 at 10:34
Hi BK and the Dog Walkers (sounds like a pop group!) and Mrs BK and Junior BK,

It was really nice to meet you all on Saturday and I enjoyed having BK's company on the last 2k - it's probably the one and only time I'll be able to say that I ran alongside a 45min 10k runner!

I had a disastrous long run yesterday; went out feeling great, intending to do 100 mins. After 3 miles my left knee started playing up (old riding injury), by 4 miles I was limping and then I met the runner I always dread - a sprightly 20 something who runs with a local club. He offered encouragement by telling me that I'll never get around my 1/2M running so slowly. I smiled sweetly and hoped that he wouldn't spot the dog poo I'd just seen in the longer grass! At 5 miles I gave up and walked home feeling like the worst runner in the world. Thankfully Mike was on hand to mop up the tears and offer encouragement in the form of chocolate. I've now decided to rest my knee for a couple of days and miss out my long run this week - I think I must have overdone my training in the last couple of weeks (silly old woman!).

Good luck to Emma with her training for the Windsor 1/2M and see you in Portsmouth BK.

Susie
BK
27/08/2002 at 08:40
Hi Susie, meeting up with you all cheered me up after the disaster that was the Theale 12K. We enjoyed the chat afterwards, hopefully BK junior wasn't too much.

It was really nice to meet Mike, you'll have to get him out and running again.

Sorry to hear about that knee. I think rest is certainly a good idea. Perhaps you should become Redhead with Blue Knee. I could probably lend you one of mine for the GSR.

Take no notice of annoying kiddies, you will get round Windsor, and at your own pace, and will be able to feel justifyably proud of yourself.

Twas a pleasure to run with you. Congrats to Mrs Dog Walker on her first 10k

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 31 of 31 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.