This Park Run thing that all the cool kids are doing... and gps watches...

1 to 20 of 27 messages
26/01/2013 at 17:23

Some wear them some dont. No one cares either way what you do.

parkrun is very relaxed but if you want to run hard then that's fine to. Give it a go. Its fun

26/01/2013 at 17:29

well I wear my garmin and I am slower than you. I doubt whether anyone will even notice you are wearing one!

26/01/2013 at 17:32

I should imagine plenty of people use them in parkruns, but even if they don't, and even if they thought what you imagine, so what?

Why care what anyone else thinks?  You wear your gps if you want to.

26/01/2013 at 17:42

You're carrying a GPS device that is in the form of a wrist watch. 

The only reason anyone would take any notice of you at a Parkrun is if you ran stark bollock naked carrying an f..g satellite dish.

26/01/2013 at 17:46
...at least you could catch up on the news that way
26/01/2013 at 17:49

Naked parkrun sounds amazing.

seren nos yn canu    pirate
26/01/2013 at 17:54

sdavid...do you go to races and eye peple yup and down to see if they are wearing watches or expensive trainers etc.....why worry about others.people have too much to do to spend the pre race time looking at you

nyes lots will wear watches whatever time they are running..i have worn them every tiime from my PB run down to my 38 min run

26/01/2013 at 18:39
I don't know about this parkrun thing that all the cool kids are doing if I were you I'd just stick to the normal parkruns they're full of middle aged biddies like me i wear my Garmin but f**k knows what it says as I can't see it without my glasses
26/01/2013 at 20:42
He's looking for ugly women to out sprint
Dustboy    pirate
27/01/2013 at 00:10

At last, someone else who admits they can't read their feckin' Garmin. LOL. Maybe if it was satellite dish sized?

Now theres a new fad, parkrun carrying something silly.

27/01/2013 at 06:52
Dustboy wrote (see)

At last, someone else who admits they can't read their feckin' Garmin. LOL. Maybe if it was satellite dish sized?

Now theres a new fad, parkrun carrying something silly.

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/493151/gallery/dog.jpg?width=350

PSC    pirate
27/01/2013 at 06:59
Another blind garmin user here. I rely on the beeps.... And then spend half an hour trying to work out if I've hit a mile lap, or has my heart stopped and its alarming me?

Wear/run what you like. As long as you don't offend anyone nobody cares.
27/01/2013 at 07:56
RicF hahaha naked parkruns might just be the future!!

Loads of people wear the gps watches at Parkrun but I dare say even the 15.30 winner wouldnt even look down at you for wearing one and finishing in 23 minutes mate! !
At the end of the day you are running for yourself and trying to beat or better yourself, anyone who judges or comments on someone finish later than them is a K**b!!! Get yourself there with your GPS and run you next PB!!!!) Good Luck
27/01/2013 at 08:08
Stilts wrote (see)
I don't know about this parkrun thing that all the cool kids are doing if I were you I'd just stick to the normal parkruns they're full of middle aged biddies like me i wear my Garmin but f**k knows what it says as I can't see it without my glasses

I'm having the same problem these days, my arms aren't long enough!

27/01/2013 at 12:54

Naked parkrun.

Just imagine.

The man of the house returns home to his missus after another drubbing.

"Hello dear, how did you get on today?"

"Oh, I lost "

"Why is that, didn't you measure up!"     (ref. Rising Damp)

Dark Vader    pirate
27/01/2013 at 13:17
RicF wrote (see)

The only reason anyone would take any notice of you at a Parkrun is if you ran stark bollock naked carrying an f..g satellite dish.

That is so funny...!        *cleans coffee off screen..*

27/01/2013 at 16:21

One of my local parkruns call themselves the 'flashers' (they run at Pennington Flash just South of Wigan) so are probably the closest to naked parkrunners...

If you want to see how many parkrunners use GPS, look up Preston parkrun on facebook- their cover photo shows the start of the first event and all you can see is people switching on their garmins

27/01/2013 at 17:29
penguingirl wrote (see)

One of my local parkruns call themselves the 'flashers' (they run at Pennington Flash just South of Wigan) so are probably the closest to naked parkrunners...

If you want to see how many parkrunners use GPS, look up Preston parkrun on facebook- their cover photo shows the start of the first event and all you can see is people switching on their garmins

And worrying that the run will start before they have a signal.

27/01/2013 at 18:29
Haven't parks got trees ? So won't everyone be worried they were short by 50 metres ?
31/01/2013 at 10:01

lots of people at our local one use them, especially the serious chaps and chap-esses

1 to 20 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.