Tissington Trail Half Marathon 2013

1 to 20 of 52 messages
27/01/2013 at 14:22

Hi All,

Ran this last year. Best race of the year for me by far.  Great route, and lovely countryside blessed by even better weather on the day. A fixture in my race calender for years to come.

Off to enter again right now!

Ian

13/03/2013 at 13:02

hi

I am really considering it...be nice to do a half after 6 weeks with the kids !!..clear the head and all that.

i would prob come last tho..as only 350 places, and not done any trail races, just road nor am i the fastest of runners

Doing the Warwick half this Sunday.

Vic

19/03/2013 at 19:54

Just signed up for this, not done it before but heard good things!

23/03/2013 at 11:14

Entered this a couple of days ago having trained for marathons on the trail for the past two years. 

No need to worry about trail experience Victoria, the surface is as good as road for most parts.  Only issue is if it's wet...I ran a 20mile out and back between Parsley Hey & Tissington and parts of the trail that were fine on the way out had flooded on the way back.  I'm sure the organisers will have booked perfect conditions for the day though!

23/04/2013 at 17:12

Think i'll try this for my first half, victoria i'm not the quickest of runners either

25/04/2013 at 00:39
bigwave wrote (see)

Think i'll try this for my first half, victoria i'm not the quickest of runners either

It never said anything about being quick on the entry form I filled in (thank goodness)....No matter where we finish, we all get the same medal....so it's good to have another runner on board!

01/05/2013 at 20:09

Just entered this race, will be my first half marathon sounds like a nice one to do, better start training.

03/05/2013 at 14:14

Was ready and raring to do my first half in Sheffield next week but due to an injury think I'm going to have to pull out  perhaps the Tissington Train would be a good one to work towards! Sounds like a good course for beginners.

21/05/2013 at 22:14

right i've entered, am excited now!

07/09/2013 at 10:03

not long to go now!  how's everyone's training gone?

12/09/2013 at 12:51

Training has gone well, but not sure if I'm in PB shape.

Looking forward to it has anyone had their race packs yet?  I'm a bit confused, where do you park so that your car is at the finish and not the start?

16/09/2013 at 22:44
Not had race pack yet, am parking at the finish i booked the bs to the start
16/09/2013 at 23:29
Don't think race packs are being sent out until next week, but I think bigwave has. The right idea about parking....I'm lucky enough to have my wife drop me off at the start, then she is off to the finish to spend my money at Ashbourne before I get there! As for training......I've just helped to train & pace my wife to her 1st HM at the GNR & now have two weeks to pick up my own 'Race Pace' if I'm going to trouble my PB.
19/09/2013 at 12:07

HI, I just found out yesterday that I have a place after being on the waiting list! I am so pleased to get in. I think more events should offer the waiting list system 

Definitely time to up my training I think!! Having run 10 miles last weekend I know I can finish but my main fear now is coming last!!! 

19/09/2013 at 16:02

So I'm confused.  Does it start from Buxton and down to Ashbourne?  Or vice versa?  I PB'ed in a Half a couple of weeks ago and am hoping to maybe PB again...as long as the traily-ness don't slow me down too much.  I've cycled along the Trail but not for a long time.  

20/09/2013 at 12:59

I think it starts at the cycle hire place in Parsley Hey, which isn't Buxton but is in the Buxton direction form Ashbourne  -  if that makes sense!  Don't get worried about the trailyness  -  the surface is usually pretty good  -  cinder track and suchlike.  The only downside I've ever come across is that if it rains *really* heavily then it does have a bit of sitting water but rarely so big you can't avoid the puddles.

I've done the White Peak half several times  -  which is more or less the same trail, just going off on a different spur (down some massive hills!) and it's great so I'm definitely going for this one next year now I've found out about it!

Good luck!!

20/09/2013 at 14:40

Thanks Lilytoo.  I know the hire centre in Parsley Hay.  Not Buxton at all then!  Good, we will be staying with family in Chesterfield the night before and then heading back home to Warwickshire afterwards so is the right direction.  I feel a pub lunch in Ashbourne coming on.  I'm looking forward to it!  

25/09/2013 at 09:38

A cold has played havoc with my last week of training and wrote off my last long run, main aim now is to get to a 100% for race day. How's everyone else getting on with their taper? Anyone's race packs turned up yet?

26/09/2013 at 00:17

No race pack here yet, but I think I got your cold Eberkneesaregood.....my training only started again yesterday after a week off due to lurgy.  I'm still going to try to up my pace & distance ahead of the race, but after a bit of a set back I'm just hoping for nice conditions to enjoy the run.

26/09/2013 at 09:23

No race pack here either. Seem to remember they were late coming last year and only got mine during the week leading up to the race.

1 to 20 of 52 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.