Towpath 10k - is the guy who collapsed ok?

5 messages
05/06/2009 at 21:54

I think the thread title says it all.  The ambulance and paramedics were on the scene when I went past, and I really hope he's ok.

07/06/2009 at 23:12
I'll bump this to the top as I have been trying to find out the same thing. When I went past he seemed to have eyes open and focusing but was getting cpr, which didn't look so great.
19/06/2009 at 10:11

Sadly, he wasn't. http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news/Bristol-runner-dies-collapse/article-1082830-detail/article.html

By all accounts a remarkable guy who continued to run marathons after a quadruple bypass and had always said that if he died running then he'd die happy. RIP.

19/06/2009 at 11:04
Thanks for posting that link, Ali.  Sounds like a great guy.
19/06/2009 at 12:59
Hi Joolska, it was announced at our club night last week that he had had an aneurysm in the brain and was not going to recover. There was big article about him in last night't Breistol Evening Post

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.